ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Encountered this hat?
Yes 46 51.11%
No 39 43.33%
I donít know what this is 0 0%
I will wait for MSNBC to tell me how to answer 1 1.11%
TRUMP! 4 4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>MAGA hats
Prison Bitch 01:31 PM 01-30-2019
Have you ever seen somebody wearing one? Not on TV or on Twatter....but in your daily life?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 04:12 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
People literally look to be outraged these days. It's amazing.
It is amazing, and it is fucked up.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:15 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There's no public interest in signaling who you support for an election the day after the results of said election are announced.
Who is going to define public interest?

Isn’t Rachel Madcow “signaling” her support after the election?

And if one did, how does that hold up in court vs the 1A?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:16 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Yeah, most smart folks try to limit our antagonizing people to our online lives....whereas Trumptards seem to revel in being complete asses both here AND in the real world. Not folks most of us want to hang out with....just sayin'.
Nobody wants to hang out with a bunch of broke sniveling crybabies who are so sensitive that they are antagonized by hats. I still can't believe they give you access to kids. Counting down the final days of being in the public school system.
[Reply]
Detoxing 04:18 PM 01-30-2019
It's the phrase that is amazing and ridiculous....how much of a shithead to you have to believe that America and never not been great? It's juvenile and insulting to suggest America has been anything but great for over a century now...just because you don't like who's in the WH. America REMAINS great, despite the shithead currently occupying the WH--yes, same as it ever was, and has ALWAYS been.
Thanks for reminding me.

That was the issue i had with the slogan when i first heard it.

I thought America had always been great. I thought the slogan was a lie and pathetic victim hood. Creating a false narrative. America NOT being great was news to me.

America was great. Is great. Always will be. Despite what politics and the media want to instill in you.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:20 PM 01-30-2019
Great enough to survive the Trump presidency?
[Reply]
Detoxing 04:22 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Do we have a choice?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:22 PM 01-30-2019
There's no public interest in signaling who you support for an election the day after the results of said election are announced.
I don't think free speech or expression is what you personally think is in the public best interest.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:22 PM 01-30-2019
We can debate over what Obama did to this country, which is what spawned the saying (that would be another thread entirely), but my point stands. People literally look to be outraged these days. It's amazing.

And props at the very least for not being one of those fuck faces that immediately say "Well, America was never that great to begin with".
Thanks, I guess...

Serious question, though: regardless of the 'debate'....you honestly want to suggest that ANYTHING that Obama did "to" this country had ANYTHING to do with whether America is "great" or not? Seriously? If so, we really DO need to do that thread on what HE did to this country, if we have not....because that notion is ridiculous on its face, as far as I can tell.

That would be the same as saying fugg-up Trump has been, that he has somehow made America less great....which isn't really true either. Most of us should be able to separate the country from whoever our President is, because whoever that is....isn't nearly as important as American sheeple on either side of the aisle seem to think. Yes, it's important....but not so much so that it determines whether our country is "great."

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yep. Even that...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:23 PM 01-30-2019
It's the phrase that is amazing and ridiculous....how much of a shithead to you have to believe that America and never not been great? It's juvenile and insulting to suggest America has been anything but great for over a century now...just because you don't like who's in the WH. America REMAINS great, despite the shithead currently occupying the WH--yes, same as it ever was, and has ALWAYS been.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Thanks for reminding me.

I thought America had always been great. I thought the slogan was a lie and pathetic victim hood. Creating a false narrative. America NOT being great was news to me.

America was great. Is great. Always will be. Despite what politics and the media want to instill in you.

So the country that allowed slavery, genocide, non-judicial imprisonment of its own citizens based solely on ethnicity and an almost uninterrupted history of constantly interfering in countries inhabited by people of color has been great?

Hypocrites.

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:23 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Thanks for reminding me.

I am pretty sure it was the byproduct of 8 years of Obama touring the globe talking about how shitty we are. The apology tour.
[Reply]
Detoxing 04:25 PM 01-30-2019
So the country that allowed slavery, genocide, non-judicial imprisonment of its own citizens based solely on ethnicity and an almost uninterrupted history of constantly interfering in countries inhabited by people of color has been great?

Hypocrites.

Yes.

You disagree?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:26 PM 01-30-2019
Can I just say how ridiculous it is that a term like "Make America Great Again" can get so. many. people. so incredibly triggered. I find it amazing, actually.
agreed.
I also cannot understand how people worship politicians like they are the second coming of Jesus.

Even with the craziness in society today, I believe people can help themselves a hell of a lot more than any politician ever promised.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:29 PM 01-30-2019
Thanks, I guess...

Serious question, though: regardless of the 'debate'....you honestly want to suggest that ANYTHING that Obama did "to" this country had ANYTHING to do with whether America is "great" or not? Seriously? If so, we really DO need to do that thread on what HE did to this country, if we have not....because that notion is ridiculous on its face, as far as I can tell.

That would be the same as saying as much of a fugg-up as Trump has been, that he has somehow made America less great....which isn't really true either. Most of us should be able to separate the country from whoever our President is, because whoever that is....isn't nearly as important as American sheeple on either side of the aisle seem to think. Yes, it's important....but not so much so that it determines whether our country is "great."
Obamacare and Obama being a racist springs immediately to mind, but I'm not doing that here.

The "Make America Great Again" was obviously a rally cry by Trump to unite the people on the right that had felt alienated and disillusioned by Obama's presidency. I think people that don't like the saying are really just upset that it worked and solidified the right and won him the presidency. You can break it down as much as you'd like, but I really feel that's all it comes down to.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 04:30 PM 01-30-2019

Hypocrites.

I focused on the last century, but....historical context matters. Morals, despite protests otherwise, are relative to social norms, ethics, and values of the day. There is nothing hypocritical about it. We don't live in a Utopian vacuum. Society evolves. Evolution and change aren't easy, but if the movement is toward greater and equality for all....as it has been, that makes America a pretty GREAT place compared to the rest of the world.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:33 PM 01-30-2019
And really, "Make America Great Again" was just a stroke of sheer brilliance by Trump, even if it did piss his detractors off to no end.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up