ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Time to move on. Hillary not worth more time
HonestChieffan 09:50 AM 11-22-2016

President-elect Trump does not plan to pursue charges against Hillary Clinton for her personal email server, Kellyanne Conway says. pic.twitter.com/253GEfN8tY

— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 22, 2016

[Reply]
Cannibal 06:01 PM 11-22-2016
Stop acting it's anything else than it was, lies to get fuckin rubes riled up to vote for him.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:02 PM 11-22-2016
:-)
[Reply]
Cannibal 06:05 PM 11-22-2016
Speaking of rubes....
[Reply]
stevieray 06:08 PM 11-22-2016
:-)

boohoohoo
[Reply]
srvy 06:30 PM 11-22-2016
The old bitch is probably on her death bed and Trump doesn't want to be mean and insensitive. I say guards prepare her head then remove Medusa's head.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 10:26 PM 11-22-2016
In related news, we're not actually gonna torture people:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us...&ICID=ref_fark

Originally Posted by :
On the issue of torture, Mr. Trump suggested he had changed his mind about the value of waterboarding after talking with James N. Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general, who headed the United States Central Command.

“He said, ‘I’ve never found it to be useful,’” Mr. Trump said. He added that Mr. Mattis found more value in building trust and rewarding cooperation with terrorism suspects: “‘Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers, and I’ll do better.’”

“I was very impressed by that answer,” Mr. Trump said.

Torture, he said, is “not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.”
So for those of you keeping score, that's

[x] No wall
[x] No locking her up
[x] No deporting 11 million illegals
[x] No torture

Starting to think there might be a bit of bait & switch going on here.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:45 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:

[x] No wall
[x] No locking her up
[x] No torture

One thing Trump has said is that he thinks it's dumb to tell our enemies what we're planning to do. There's no way for us to know what these comments from Trump really mean. It could be truth or it could be disinformation. :-)
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:54 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He said she'd be in jail if he were already President, implying that Loretta Lynch's investigation wasn't serious and his administration would run a serious investigation that would obviously end in indictment and conviction. He didn't promise to put her in jail if he won the election.
Yes. So what? He never promised to prosecute her, much less put her in jail. Let's not conflate that false charge with the promise you're talking about here.
You're trying to have a different conversation. I'm focused on the false allegation Lex repeated in post 32.
You'd really be better off if you'd stop doubling down on this, Pat. He did promise to prosecute her if he won the election. You are refusing to believe what your own eyes see and what your own ears hear.

[Reply]
patteeu 11:05 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
You'd really be better off if you'd stop doubling down on this, Pat. He did promise to prosecute her if he won the election. You are refusing to believe what your own eyes see and what your own ears hear.
Listen to it again, Lex. He's not saying he'd prosecute her. He's saying he'd direct his AG to name a special prosecutor to investigate (implicitly without the political interference of the original investigation). It's the special prosecutor who would eventually decide whether or not to prosecute.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:13 PM 11-22-2016
Listen to it again, Lex. He's not saying he'd prosecute her. He's saying he'd direct his AG to name a special prosecutor to investigate (implicitly without the political interference of the original investigation). It's the special prosecutor who would eventually decide whether or not to prosecute.
THAT'S your rebuttal?

That's the kind of doubletalk that would make Bill Clinton proud. Bill Clinton stated that he smoked pot but never inhaled, that he did not have an inappropriate sexual relationship with "that woman", and he argued about what the definition of "is" is. You're engaging in the same type of obfuscation here.

There's really no reason for us to continue arguing about this. If you want to believe that Trump never said anything like this in the first place, that's perfectly fine with me. I'm tapping out.

The funny thing is that I was actually praising Trump for having the good sense not to follow through on this.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:23 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
THAT'S your rebuttal?

That's the kind of doubletalk that would make Bill Clinton proud. Bill Clinton stated that he smoked pot but never inhaled, that he did not have an inappropriate sexual relationship with "that woman", and he argued about what the definition of "is" is. You're engaging in the same type of obfuscation here.

There's really no reason for us to continue arguing about this. If you want to believe that Trump never said anything like this in the first place, that's perfectly fine with me. I'm tapping out.

The funny thing is that I was actually praising Trump for having the good sense not to follow through on this.
Wow. I'm not playing word games here. I'm pointing out a substantive difference between what you claimed Trump said and what he really said. I take it you don't understand how a special prosecutor works.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:29 PM 11-22-2016
Actually, the SO heard a good point on the radio suggesting one reason may be that really going after HiLiaRy on her server, would just take down a lot of other people besides her—and not just Democrats. This radio talk show host, suggested this may have been discussed when Obama and Trump met. I don't know if Obama would have said anything to Trump like that, but I think this may also be a reason Comey decided not to recommend prosecution either. I think this is a very plausible scenario. ( especially with how much corruption there is in DC)
[Reply]
patteeu 11:31 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Actually, the SO heard a good point on the radio suggesting one reason may be that really going after HiLiaRy on her server, would just take down a lot of other people besides her—and not just Democrats. This radio talk show host, suggested this may have been discussed when Obama and Trump met. I don't know if Obama would have said anything to Trump like that, but I think this may also be a reason Comey decided not to recommend prosecution either. I think this is a very plausible scenario. ( especially with how much corruption there is in DC)
I agree that it's plausible.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:35 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Trolly McTrollson:

[x] No wall
[x] No locking her up
[x] No torture

You actually think people who voted for him care about his promising to use torture. I don't think any cares about his torture statement. It doesn't affect any of us in our daily lives and wasn't exactly an issue for this election that polled. In fact Trump was roundly criticized for this statement. I, for one, never agreed with it.

You're wrong about the deportation promise. He always said they could come back in on an expedited basis anyway. He will deport criminals.

The FBI is still investigating the Clinton Fdn, anyway. So that's not over with yet. I would think who his AG is will determine if she gets prosecuted for anything there. So who he delegates that job to would take it from there. I took that to mean, he'd hire someone who would go after corruption.

Now please tell me where he said there will be no wall.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:01 AM 11-23-2016
I voted Trump mainly for 2 reasons...

1. The Supreme Court
2. His name was not Hillary

This is a bummer for me. I was kinda hoping he would "drain the swamp". But I never really put much faith in it. Establishment tentacles run deep in D.C. As long as he does all he can to conservative the S.C. I will bite my lip and go along. But that is a promise I will not look past. I will go on record right here that the Supreme Court is the line in the sand for this hillbilly. Of course, my vote means nothing, but he will not get it if he backs off on the Supreme Court promise.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up