ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Time to move on. Hillary not worth more time
HonestChieffan 09:50 AM 11-22-2016

President-elect Trump does not plan to pursue charges against Hillary Clinton for her personal email server, Kellyanne Conway says. pic.twitter.com/253GEfN8tY

— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 22, 2016

[Reply]
patteeu 03:25 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
This is a good move by Trump. Stating in a debate that he would put her in jail if he wins the election was a bad look. This is much more Presidential.
He said she'd be in jail if he were already President, implying that Loretta Lynch's investigation wasn't serious and his administration would run a serious investigation that would obviously end in indictment and conviction. He didn't promise to put her in jail if he won the election.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:26 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Pretty sure that's not what he said.

He said (paraphrasing), "If I were President, you'd be in jail." Present tense, as in, "If I was the President right now, you wouldn't have gotten the free pass you were just handed."

After being spun 439 times by the MSM, it's turned IN to "I'm going to throw you in jail if I win."
:-)
[Reply]
Cannibal 03:33 PM 11-22-2016
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us...stigation.html

During the campaign he said:

“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.”

Now he's saying:

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,’’ Mr. Trump said during a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways, and I am not looking to hurt them at all. The campaign was vicious.”
[Reply]
Cannibal 03:34 PM 11-22-2016
He backed off.

Let's not re-write history on this.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:38 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Just looking out for your best interests, Amigo.
:-)

riiiiiiiight.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:39 PM 11-22-2016
Completely mind-boggling that anyone thought there would be any different result.

When will you learn that part of why Trump won was because he said whatever the hell he needed to to get you fired up and voting for him. He didn't actually mean anything he said. Goal one was get into the WH. THEN he would decide what he's really going to do.

If anyone feels betrayed or mad about this, you only have yourselves to blame. It was beyond obvious.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:42 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
This is a good move by Trump. Stating in a debate that he would put her in jail if he wins the election was a bad look. This is much more Presidential.

Yes. I expect him to walk back a bunch of the ridiculous crap he was spewing to get votes.

And actually prosecuting political opponents isn't really something Americans should be keen on seeing their candidates doing under most circumstances. Of course, many of the same fools here who are crying about Trump not pursuing Clinton are the ones saying that Obama "politicized" the DOJ. JFC.
[Reply]
Cannibal 03:42 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
If anyone feels betrayed or mad about this, you only have yourselves to blame. It was beyond obvious.
They don't. They're already making excuses to accept that he's reneging on much of what he campaigned on. They're just glad their side won.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:44 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Cannibal:
They don't. They're already making excuses to accept that he's reneging on much of what he campaigned on. They're just glad their side won.

Which is fine.

One of the many reasons I couldn't vote Trump was because I couldn't believe a single word of what he said while campaigning. That isn't an approach I like to encourage.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:46 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Completely mind-boggling that anyone thought there would be any different result.

When will you learn that part of why Trump won was because he said whatever the hell he needed to to get you fired up and voting for him. He didn't actually mean anything he said. Goal one was get into the WH. THEN he would decide what he's really going to do.

If anyone feels betrayed or mad about this, you only have yourselves to blame. It was beyond obvious.
just stop.

first it was he doesn't REALLY want the job...and then it was OMG!!!! did you hear what he said..? total fear mongering,..did you SEE HOW HE ATE HIS PIZZA? and ALL through the election you guys tried to claim knowing what he meant or felt...and now here you are, still doing it.

totally disingenuous.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:47 PM 11-22-2016
I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't want any investigations into lying and foundations at this point. His was operating illegally for years and was shut down in New York. He spent his foundation's money on his personal obligations and campaign donations. That's fact. Likely an issue he would like to fade away.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:52 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Cannibal:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us...stigation.html

During the campaign he said:

“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.”

Now he's saying:

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,’’ Mr. Trump said during a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways, and I am not looking to hurt them at all. The campaign was vicious.”
Yes. So what? He never promised to prosecute her, much less put her in jail. Let's not conflate that false charge with the promise you're talking about here.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:54 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by Cannibal:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us...stigation.html

During the campaign he said:

“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there’s never been so many lies, so much deception.”
:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 03:55 PM 11-22-2016
I agree that this was totally predictable, but it's also an example of a swamp not drained and politics as usual. I agree with what cosmo just posted too.
[Reply]
Cannibal 03:55 PM 11-22-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Yes. So what? He never promised to prosecute her, much less put her in jail. Let's not conflate that false charge with the promise you're talking about here.
He reneged on his promise to appoint a special prosecutor. As far he's concerned, "lock her up", can be revised to "let her walk".

It will be one of many promises he'll fail to keep.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up