ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 74
« First < 24647071727374
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He sure did say this, and if true, it's absolutely ****ing bullshit. Hope all the "Chiefs fans" that contributed to all the drama will be happy.
I'm sure Goodell is closely monitoring the outrage on CP in order to decide the length of the suspension.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:27 PM Today
He's going to get 4 to 6. It may be more than 4 now that the season is 17 games. I honestly just don't see 8.

It COULD be a blessing in disguise. We are going to be so good next year that I don't even know if that will cost us a #1 seed. That will force Reid to do something he hates doing...and thats throw rookies and new players into the fire. Wiley, Worthy and Hollywood will get more opportunities and that will pay dividends by the time the postseason comes around.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I'm sure Goodell is closely monitoring the outrage on CP in order to decide the length of the suspension.
Yea, that's totally what I meant!

I said they contributed to all the drama and the situation being overblown. That's it.

I also didn't say I anything about CP in particular.

This situation has been completely overblown on the national level from the very beginning, like nothing I've ever seen before. If he indeed gets 8 games, I do believe it is a reflection of that.
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:44 PM Today
Yea, that's totally what I meant!

I said they contributed to all the drama and the situation being overblown. That's it.

I also didn't say I anything about CP in particular.

This situation has been completely overblown on the national level from the very beginning, like nothing I've ever seen before. If he indeed gets 8 games, I do believe it is a reflection of that.
There have been comparisons to the Jet suspension but there are a number of differences. The main thing is, Rice is a much more known player, especially after the Super Bowl. This has caused the media to notice is more and make it a bigger deal. Hell, most everyone around here, including myself, even know about the guy on the Jet's.

Suspensions are usually due to "damage to the shield". In this case, the damage to the "shield" is much greater due to that higher exposure. I still would be surprised at more than 4 games.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
There have been comparisons to the Jet suspension but there are a number of differences. The main thing is, Rice is a much more known player, especially after the Super Bowl. This has caused the media to notice is more and make it a bigger deal. Hell, most everyone around here, including myself, even know about the guy on the Jet's.

Suspensions are usually due to "damage to the shield". In this case, the damage to the "shield" is much greater due to that higher exposure. I still would be surprised at more than 4 games.
That is not supposed to be, nor should it be, the way suspensions work though. Absolutely amazing that Chiefs fans are so willing to bend over and take it from the NFL.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:54 PM Today

Yes, he got one game. Rice leaving the scene at most should get 3-4. The Players Association will protest hard if this gets any more than that and they should.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:09 PM Today
That is not supposed to be, nor should it be, the way suspensions work though. Absolutely amazing that Chiefs fans are so willing to bend over and take it from the NFL.

Well the only option they have is to A) bend over and take it B) bend over and take it but complain on CP.

I suppose we could fly a plane with a banner over his house though.

but yeah arbitrary suspensions are a tough thing to get over I do agree. Calvin Ridley's entire career nearly got washed down the drain. Luckily for him the Titans are completely rerunned
[Reply]
staylor26 07:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Well the only option they have is to A) bend over and take it B) bend over and take it but complain on CP.

I suppose we could fly a plane with a banner over his house though.

but yeah arbitrary suspensions are a tough thing to get over I do agree. Calvin Ridley's entire career nearly got washed down the drain. Luckily for him the Titans are completely rerunned
What I mean is that they're willing to rationalize us getting fucked. Fuck that. It's 100% bullshit if it's 8 games.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:11 PM Today

The Jets guy should still be in jail. You paralyze an innocent person, your ass goes to jail for a long time. That's my take. Both law enforcement as well as the NFL let the Jets guy off the hook with very little consequence. That's a damn shame.

The standard has been set by the NFL office with the Jets guy, but I'm fully expecting a very hypocritical penalty to be dropped on Rice. The Chiefs have a target on their backs.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:39 PM Today
What I mean is that they're willing to rationalize us getting fucked. Fuck that. It's 100% bullshit if it's 8 games.
I think you’re assuming that we (the public) know everything that the NFL does. We only know what’s on the video.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think you’re assuming that we (the public) know everything that the NFL does. We only know what’s on the video.
Ridiculous. What big secret could there possibly be to justify 7 more games than the Jets guy? We know the charges. Does the NFL know something that the police don't?

Did he slap a female driver before fleeing the scene?

Come on man.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 74
« First < 24647071727374
Up