ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 75
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Katipan 11:21 AM 04-19-2024
😂😂😂
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:25 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
1. Team owner gets caught on video banging a hooker who is likely also a sex trafficking victim.

2. WR causes traffic accident with minor injuries and foolishly leaves the scene before going to the police and turning himself in.

Any logical, sane person knows which one of these crimes is the more egregious and also which one is the bigger black eye on the face of the league (hint for the mentally-challenged - it's the one in bold print).

Hopefully Rice is "punished" just as harshly as Mr. Sex-Trafficking-Hooker-****er - i.e., given nothing more than a slap on the wrist, if that.
Well a team owner banging a hooker doesn't endanger my life the way somebody weaving through traffic at 100+ mph does.

I guess it would depend on whether the owner had some reason to know the hooker was a sex trafficking victim?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:27 PM 04-19-2024
Although I'm still irritated that a coach alleged that the owner offered to pay him to intentionally lose games in order to get a better draft spot and the league apparently swept that under the rug without investigating.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:32 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Well a team owner banging a hooker doesn't endanger my life the way somebody weaving through traffic at 100+ mph does.

I guess it would depend on whether the owner had some reason to know the hooker was a sex trafficking victim?
Let's be real, the NFL doesn't care about victims. All the league cares about is its image, which is why domestic violence is punished relatively harshly...even if the only actual victim of violence is a small household appliance.
[Reply]
loochy 06:14 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
So no real news on this situation? Rice is working out with Mahomes but his future is in doubt. I view what he did as more than a dumb kid speeding and losing control and causing a wreck but I've never suggested what his punishment should or will be though I have said if he never plays another down for the Chiefs I won't care. I've also said that if he does I hope he plays well.

Now what I'm wondering is when is Roger going to put him on the commissioners list? I can see him waiting till week one to do it because Chiefs. Also can't his lawyer speed up the legal process by making the deals with the prosecutor in advance? And to go along with that he needs to agree to pay the people who are suing him the money they're asking for. If he is indeed going to be a Chiefs he needs to get this stuff worked out ASAP.
No, his future is not in doubt. He'll be suspended for a few games.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:09 PM 04-19-2024
I can prove Rashee is innocent.

The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark!

It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.

And, there's more! You see? When the left tire mark goes up on the curb and the right tire mark stays flat and even? Well, the '64 Skylark had a solid rear axle, so when the left tire would go up on the curb, the right tire would tilt out and ride along its edge. But that didn't happen here. The tire mark stayed flat and even. This car had an independent rear suspension. Now, in the '60s, there were only two other cars made in America that had positraction, and independent rear suspension, and enough power to make these marks. One was the Corvette, which could never be confused with the Buick Skylark. The other had the same body length, height, width, weight, wheel base, and wheel track as the '64 Skylark, and that was the 1963 Pontiac Tempest.

And because both cars were made by GM, both cars were available in metallic mint green paint!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:37 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Let's be real, the NFL doesn't care about victims. All the league cares about is its image, which is why domestic violence is punished relatively harshly...even if the only actual victim of violence is a small household appliance.
No argument from me on that one. And I'm not really that big on suspensions for off the field non football related stuff anyway.

Performance enhancing drugs, yes suspend.

Otherwise, for things that are misdemeanors or less, I would generally just leave it up to the legal system to dish out punishment.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:24 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I can prove Rashee is innocent.

The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction. You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark!

It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.

And, there's more! You see? When the left tire mark goes up on the curb and the right tire mark stays flat and even? Well, the '64 Skylark had a solid rear axle, so when the left tire would go up on the curb, the right tire would tilt out and ride along its edge. But that didn't happen here. The tire mark stayed flat and even. This car had an independent rear suspension. Now, in the '60s, there were only two other cars made in America that had positraction, and independent rear suspension, and enough power to make these marks. One was the Corvette, which could never be confused with the Buick Skylark. The other had the same body length, height, width, weight, wheel base, and wheel track as the '64 Skylark, and that was the 1963 Pontiac Tempest.

And because both cars were made by GM, both cars were available in metallic mint green paint!
IMHO You need to be an expert witness and present your informed and very knowledgeable findings at the trial. You’ve waited at Best Buy for days in a row for the good of this team. This will be a cake walk for you.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:30 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
IMHO You need to be an expert witness and present your informed and very knowledgeable findings at the trial. You’ve waited at Best Buy for days in a row for the good of this team. This will be a cake walk for you.
I will get him off!!!!

(I sound like Billay)
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:33 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I will get him off!!!!

(I sound like Billay)
:-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:22 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Assuming the victims have not suffered major lifelong injuries, Rice deserves around 1.5 to 2 years of actual time served in a low security jail where nonviolent criminals go and another 1-2 years of probation where he has to visit schools and warn kids about the dangers of acting like an idiot behind the wheel.

I don't think the NFL should punish Rice especially if the state of Texas puts him in jail for an adequate amount of time. He isn't OJ Simpson or Aaron Hernandez but what he did could easily get 4-5 people killed and/or disabled for life.

Two things about this case are really egregious. High speed racing against another car on public roads and leaving the scene of an accident. If you let someone get away with those two things without some noteworthy jail time, you may as well not have traffic laws at all.
:-)

Donte Stallworth literally killed someone whle most likely drunk, served 24 days in jail, and then you motherfuckers signed him 3 years later. Get the fuck outta here bitch.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:21 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
This fucking guy. :-)

Nobody without a prior record has ever done 1.5 to 2 years for those offenses, when nobody was seriously injured.
Someone tell me what type of jail houses only nonviolent criminals.

I got bad news for you - jail/prison is full of violent people...
[Reply]
R Clark 05:48 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Someone tell me what type of jail houses only nonviolent criminals.

I got bad news for you - jail/prison is full of violent people...
The same ones where they send the white collar criminals, you can serve easy time if it’s non violent and have money
[Reply]
DJay23 06:01 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
I don't think the NFL should punish Rice especially if the state of Texas puts him in jail for an adequate amount of time. He isn't OJ Simpson or Aaron Hernandez but what he did could easily get 4-5 people killed and/or disabled for life.
The law doesn't punish based on what could have happened.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:20 AM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
So no real news on this situation? Rice is working out with Mahomes but his future is in doubt. I view what he did as more than a dumb kid speeding and losing control and causing a wreck but I've never suggested what his punishment should or will be though I have said if he never plays another down for the Chiefs I won't care. I've also said that if he does I hope he plays well.

Now what I'm wondering is when is Roger going to put him on the commissioners list? I can see him waiting till week one to do it because Chiefs. Also can't his lawyer speed up the legal process by making the deals with the prosecutor in advance? And to go along with that he needs to agree to pay the people who are suing him the money they're asking for. If he is indeed going to be a Chiefs he needs to get this stuff worked out ASAP.
His future is not in any doubt and I'd say there is basically no chance he goes on the commissioners list.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 75
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up