ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:01 PM 01-17-2021
Thought I'd post the Dork Videos I referenced.

Emergency Awesome. I got into this dude during GoT. He decodes dork into layman's terms well.

New Rockstars. They are far more dorky. And they have some livestream stuff that must be the mountain top of dork, but these videos, they've filtered out a bunch of the worst of the dork. Skip their in-video ads.

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:02 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm sorry, but there's a reason people don't watch 50's style shows anymore. They're outdated, the jokes aren't funny, the laughtracks are annoying, and outside of nostalgia there isn't a place for them in entertaining television nowadays.

They wanted to pay homage to them, I get it, and it is bold for them to try and they've done a great job recreating that type of television, but to take up the first two episodes with a majority of that content was just a chore to get through. We get it, they're trapped in some sort of illusion, some sort of fake reality. Outside of a guy almost choking at a dinner table and a beekeeper getting out of a manhole cover, I couldn't have less interest in episode 3. Sorry but it's been boring as shit the first two episodes and doesn't make me want to watch the upcoming ones, just to sit through 23 minutes of gibberish while only a few spots are actually intriguing and keep my attention. Bold? Yes. Entertaining? Fuck no.
Watch the dork videos, there is a lot more in there than sitcom-y schlock.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:16 PM 01-17-2021
This show is far from shallow so far for anybody actually paying attention.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:21 PM 01-22-2021
So now we’ve moved into the late 60s/early 70s era of sitcoms.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So now we’ve moved into the late 60s/early 70s era of sitcoms.
How about spoilers for 24 hours?

JFC.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:03 PM 01-22-2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 AM 01-23-2021
Man. Thank goodness for the dork videos that can decode all this stuff.

There are DEEEP Cuts in this thing that need chased down. I’m really enjoying this. Although it would be a different experience without dork videos.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 01:03 AM 01-23-2021
I'm still watching.. but man, this is a slug 3 episodes in... Not sure I like having to watch a 15 minute breakdown video to understand WTF is going on in a 22 minute episode...
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:08 AM 01-23-2021
It finally started to get rolling with episode 3. Everything that I thought I had figured out was pretty much wrong.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:33 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
It finally started to get rolling with episode 3. Everything that I thought I had figured out was pretty much wrong.
I usually wait for 3 episodes to binge too, because by the 4th it'll be shitty throughout if it isn't engaging from the start
[Reply]
Bowser 10:15 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'm still watching.. but man, this is a slug 3 episodes in... Not sure I like having to watch a 15 minute breakdown video to understand WTF is going on in a 22 minute episode...
WandaVision was supposed to be the third MCU show released on Disney+, iirc. I wonder how we would be watching it right now if it had gone like that, if these deep references would be making more sense. I still believe it when they say this show is setting up everything that will happen in Phase 4 and 5, but man you have to be well versed to follow everything that happens.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:27 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Meh, it's the winter. I'm good.

After reading your post, I tried to figure out if dork videos weren't around if I'd still be in.

I think they've done enough to set up the weird and creepy scenes to want to know what's going on. I think if dork videos don't exist, you have to assume YouTube and the infrastructure and cultures that created it are also out of the picture. I think with a little less ADD in the world, this is probably better received.

I concluded that I'd be in even without dork videos. I just am not patient enough to wait for the squeeze. So dork videos it is. Probably a more enjoyable watch either binged or without the dork videos, but I gotta know.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:42 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
WandaVision was supposed to be the third MCU show released on Disney+, iirc. I wonder how we would be watching it right now if it had gone like that, if these deep references would be making more sense. I still believe it when they say this show is setting up everything that will happen in Phase 4 and 5, but man you have to be well versed to follow everything that happens.
I kinda don't think so. It's reasonable to assume that most audience members would know the following:

1. Vision is dead.

2. Wanda can alter reality (at least to the extent that she fucked with the Avengers less Hawkeye in Ultron).

3. Wanted got dusted between Infinity War and Endgame. The radio scene was in the trailer so it probably isn't that time, because if she was dusted nobody would ask her "who's doing this to you?"

4. Multiverses probably exist because Endgame.

5. Wanda's formative years were fucked.

From just the show a perceptive audience can conclude (I'll put it all in spoilers in case I forget which episode it all came from):

Spoiler!

There isn't a TON of extra stuff the dork videos are providing. There are some theories that may be true and some conclusions we can draw that I missed. Plus correlations from the comics I'd have no idea about.

Spoiler!

It's asking a lot of the audience, but I don't think it's unreasonable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:59 AM 01-23-2021
It seems, purely my speculation, that Wanda is fully cognizant, or at least functionally cognizant, of what's going on. I don't think it's imposed on her. She's managing the whole thing.

Every time there's a glitch and reset, it's when Vision appears on the verge of epiphany [the accelerated pregnancy, the beekeeper]. When the boss was choking, the wife was asking Wanda to 'STOP IT!!' not the boss being a prankster like it originally appeared.

Now it remains that there appears to be some concerted effort to shield Wanda from something, some knowledge. That's why Agnes is there. That's why her and Herb were so nervous. Maybe she's being convinced to maintain this charade by a bigger force.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:16 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It seems, purely my speculation, that Wanda is fully cognizant, or at least functionally cognizant, of what's going on. I don't think it's imposed on her. She's managing the whole thing.

Every time there's a glitch and reset, it's when Vision appears on the verge of epiphany [the accelerated pregnancy, the beekeeper]. When the boss was choking, the wife was asking Wanda to 'STOP IT!!' not the boss being a prankster like it originally appeared.

Now it remains that there appears to be some concerted effort to shield Wanda from something, some knowledge. That's why Agnes is there. That's why her and Herb were so nervous. Maybe she's being convinced to maintain this charade by a bigger force.
There is the element that she could be in a framework construct similar to ABC's Agents of Shield that Hydra used, hence the surveillance monitors.

Essentially she's like Keanu Reeves' Neo in the Matrix
[Reply]
Page 6 of 31
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up