ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
Deberg_1990 04:34 PM 12-08-2019

Here it is! Watch the first #WonderWoman 1984 trailer now.

A new era of wonder arrives in theatres June 5. Who will you see #WW84 with? pic.twitter.com/aU9Edox1XK

— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
listopencil 08:10 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I won't say it was bad, but the first hour could have been cut in half, probably could have cut 45 minutes from the whole movie, and the script as a whole was too sappy for my taste. Thought it was a step back from the first WW.
It was definitely a step back from the first movie. It wasn't as bad as the old direct to video sequels from back in the day...but it wasn't far off either. After that first one I wanted to see a movie like this. I think I even mentioned on this board that it would be cool to see a Cold War era Wonder Woman movie. I would have liked a 70's dry thriller rather than an 80's overblown romp though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:49 PM 12-25-2020
How was Kristen Wiig as a villain? From everything I’ve seen....I don’t see her pulling it off.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:39 PM 12-25-2020
1 out of 5 Stars

I would feel ripped off if I had paid to see this crap at the theatre.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:40 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How was Kristen Wiig as a villain? From everything I’ve seen....I don’t see her pulling it off.
Awkward and annoying.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:42 PM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
She did OK for what she had to work with. The script and the overall story was weak. The guy from The Mandalorian really hammed it up like Gene Hackman in Superman 2 though. Took what was there and made more out of it.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:51 PM 12-25-2020
Just finished it...Awful... Looking at Gal was the only reason I stayed with it..
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:30 PM 12-25-2020
I'm confused. Wasn't she flying in the first one?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:22 AM 12-26-2020
Just finished it. It was entertaining for the 2nd half the movie. The first one is far superior. This had some good moments but felt this movie could've been better and shorter. Plot was predictable and had some real cheesy moments. I still want a 3rd current day movie but it has to get the magic back. Performance by the actors were fine but should've had better material.

Glad this was streaming.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:22 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm confused. Wasn't she flying in the first one?
At the end of the first one she looks like she did
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:53 AM 12-26-2020
Ducking awful movie. Four thumbs down. Basically a straight to blockbuster video piece of shit. Highly DO NOT RECOMMEND.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 08:05 AM 12-26-2020
How did that script get approved? Fucking awful. I feel bad for the great actors that had to work with that crap. Pacing was awful, plot holes were glaring, some scenes were so cheesy I actually felt embarrassed for them for having to act them out.

DC is so bad at making movies I’m actually not looking forward to the Snyder cut of Justice League because instead of just wasting one afternoon of my time it’s going to waste a month of afternoons of my time. I grew up as a comic book collector and nerd so unfortunately for my future self I’m going to force myself to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:05 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
How did that script get approved? Fucking awful. I feel bad for the great actors that had to work with that crap. Pacing was awful, plot holes were glaring, some scenes were so cheesy I actually felt embarrassed for them for having to act them out.

DC is so bad at making movies I’m actually not looking forward to the Snyder cut of Justice League because instead of just wasting one afternoon of my time it’s going to waste a month of afternoons of my time. I grew up as a comic book collector and nerd so unfortunately for my future self I’m going to force myself to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last few movies have been much better. This isn't garbage Batman v Superman theatrical cut bad. This was too long imo and a very weak plot. Dane definitely called it.

I wonder if jenkins comes back for a 3rd one? They need a fresh script no Geoff johns involved and a good bad guy too. Also current day to finish it.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:28 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
1 out of 5 Stars

I would feel ripped off if I had paid to see this crap at the theatre.
This.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:52 AM 12-26-2020
The first 25 minutes are god awful. The mall/heist scene is straight out of Superman III. Which is one of the worst superhero movies ever made.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:07 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The first 25 minutes are god awful. The mall/heist scene is straight out of Superman III. Which is one of the worst superhero movies ever made.
Both my kids, one 14, the other 11, walked out of the room and refused to watch any more after that.

Overall, an oddly done movie. Nothing like modern superhero movies.

Though they nailed the 80's pretty damn well, which made for a great nostalgia flick.

Forced to rate it on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a solid 6.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 19
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up