ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 207
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
The Poz 03:12 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Crown royal black is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the regular Crown. My favorite is Devil's cut and Larceny.
Devil's Cut is quite good. I have a bottle on the go.
I'll tell you guys again, go get yourself a bottle of the Eagle Rare. Not the cheapest out there but damn good.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:14 PM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by The Poz:
I'll tell you guys again, go get yourself a bottle of the Eagle Rare. Not the cheapest out there but damn good.
Eagle Rare is tasty.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:14 PM 04-05-2013
Have you tried Larceny? Pretty good. Also, I bought a bottle of Jim Beam's Ghost whiskey. Not too bad.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 07:15 PM 04-20-2013
For those of you who like Eagle Rare - it's been around a long time in one form or another. One of the old Seagrams brands that wound up living thru that company breakup. If you're really interested, here's some discussion about it. As you'll see, it was a 'relative' of the 'Benchmark' brand that I mentioned above as a good buy. I have one of the very old Eagle Rare 101's they're talking about. I ain't sharing.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...e+rare+history

(
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:44 AM 06-08-2013
I am extremely pleased to see whiskey in general and bourbon specifically making a come back. It means I'm more likely to find a better selection when I go out. However, there are down sides.

"Whiskey Woes: Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare & Pappy Van Winkle Fear Shortages"

http://laist.com/2013/05/23/whiskey_...e_and_eagl.php
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 03:12 PM 06-10-2013
The way I ride thru bourbon shortages - they happen more and more - I reserve my really good bottles for guests and contemplative occasions. I buy 'middle shelf' bourbon and rye year round on sale and 'bunker' it until I have enough to 'mingle' 4 or 5 handles of bourbon (heavy on wild turkey 101 to raise the proof) w/a fifth of rye, rebottle it and drink this as my daily pour. It works like a charm, and the average price for a fifth of this these days, w/the 1.75's of whusk bought on sale, is about $11-$12. For a good bottle of 87 or 88 proof whiskey, that ain't half bad. Don't forget to add the bottle of rye - it spices up the mix!
[Reply]
Stewie 05:32 PM 06-10-2013
It doesn't surprise me about a shortage of Buffalo Trace. It's a small distillery and their distribution 5-7 years ago was limited. They've expanded their footprint and it will cause shortages.
[Reply]
The Poz 07:52 PM 06-10-2013
Sounds intriguing. Has anyone out there given this one a go?

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.c...-single-barrel

"When you get to the whiskey/bourbon aisle at your local liquor store, you're accustomed to seeing plenty of the booze named for a master distiller from the past. This applies well to Elmer T. Lee, but at over 90 years old, Lee isn't just a ghost from the past, but is still giving each barrel his personal stamp of approval before bottling. He's also responsible for introducing the world's first single barrel bourbon, Blanton's Single Barrel. After helping launch other single barrel successes, Buffalo Trace gave Lee a much deserved bourbon bearing his name, and it's among the best in its price range. Elmer T. Lee Bourbon ($30) exhibits plenty of caramel and nutty tastes up front, and some nice vanilla and honey remnants on the back end. It's a nearly perfect balance of heat and sweet. If you're just getting into reasonably priced single barrel bourbons, and want to sample one of the best, reach for a bottle of this stuff."
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:26 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
The way I ride thru bourbon shortages - they happen more and more - I reserve my really good bottles for guests and contemplative occasions. I buy 'middle shelf' bourbon and rye year round on sale and 'bunker' it until I have enough to 'mingle' 4 or 5 handles of bourbon (heavy on wild turkey 101 to raise the proof) w/a fifth of rye, rebottle it and drink this as my daily pour. It works like a charm, and the average price for a fifth of this these days, w/the 1.75's of whusk bought on sale, is about $11-$12. For a good bottle of 87 or 88 proof whiskey, that ain't half bad. Don't forget to add the bottle of rye - it spices up the mix!

Soooo, you are turning bourbon into a blended whiskey, so to speak? :-)
[Reply]
The Poz 09:45 PM 09-05-2013
Gotta keep an eye open for this one.

BUFFALO TRACE STAGG JR. BOURBON
http://uncrate.com/stuff/buffalo-tra...gg-jr-bourbon/

[Reply]
Bewbies 09:50 PM 09-05-2013
I never see shortages here in Atlanta, we must get a lot more shipped this way than you do up north?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:00 PM 09-05-2013
Gotta keep an eye open for this one.

BUFFALO TRACE STAGG JR. BOURBON
http://uncrate.com/stuff/buffalo-tra...gg-jr-bourbon/

I will have to keep my eyes open for that. Sounds interesting.
[Reply]
Chest Rockwell 05:14 AM 09-06-2013
Sounds intriguing. Has anyone out there given this one a go?

https://www.buffalotracedistillery.c...-single-barrel

"When you get to the whiskey/bourbon aisle at your local liquor store, you're accustomed to seeing plenty of the booze named for a master distiller from the past. This applies well to Elmer T. Lee, but at over 90 years old, Lee isn't just a ghost from the past, but is still giving each barrel his personal stamp of approval before bottling. He's also responsible for introducing the world's first single barrel bourbon, Blanton's Single Barrel. After helping launch other single barrel successes, Buffalo Trace gave Lee a much deserved bourbon bearing his name, and it's among the best in its price range. Elmer T. Lee Bourbon ($30) exhibits plenty of caramel and nutty tastes up front, and some nice vanilla and honey remnants on the back end. It's a nearly perfect balance of heat and sweet. If you're just getting into reasonably priced single barrel bourbons, and want to sample one of the best, reach for a bottle of this stuff."
It's good, but I prefer others at (or below) that price point. Personal taste, so ymmv.
[Reply]
The Poz 12:30 PM 10-01-2013
Mistakes aren't always a bad thing.

"Accidents can be costly, especially in the bourbon business. So when Wild Turkey realized they had mistakenly blended small batch bourbon with high proof whiskey, people were worried. But then the Master Distiller tasted the accidental blend and declared it worthy of bottling, and a mishap turned into Wild Turkey Forgiven ($50). Forgiven clocks in at 91 proof and makes no apologies, accident or not. It has a spicy, bold taste that finishes unlike most drinks in its category. All is Forgiven, so track down a bottle because this one time foul up isn't likely to be duplicated."

http://uncrate.com/stuff/wild-turkey-forgiven-bourbon/

[Reply]
Arrowhead Thunder 01:10 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
I'm surprised there's not more love for Four Roses. Their yellow label is my go-to cheap bourbon and I love the single-barrel for special occassions. I've been through most if the Kentucky distilleries and that your was easily the best.
My grandparents did the bourbon trail tours this spring. They took tons of pictures and gave the family a virtual tour when they got home. I was surprised how interesting it was.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 207
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up