ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 51
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:36 PM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What about whore #2, Maeve's buddy? I thought I saw some preview where she was fucking up some futuretechs with some serious Aikido type shit....
I did see that preview. I'm wondering if Maeve gets control of one of the tech's input devices and starts reprogramming hosts.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:51 PM 11-12-2016
So I read something that indicated Westworld hasn't yet been renewed for Season 2. And there may be issues w/ how expensive the show is to produce. That would realllly suck if this didn't get at least 4 seasons.
[Reply]
Miles 12:20 AM 11-13-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So I read something that indicated Westworld hasn't yet been renewed for Season 2. And there may be issues w/ how expensive the show is to produce. That would realllly suck if this didn't get at least 4 seasons.
I hadn't even considered that a possibility since it seems very well received and how good it is. Probably my favorite new series in a while among so really good ones. This seems to be the quote from the HBO exec driving the recent stuff:

“Which seem to be doing very well, so we’re happy with that. [The executive producers are] going to talk to us about what they envision a second season being. But right now I would say it’s looking really good. We’re very pleased with how it’s doing.”
[Reply]
manchambo 08:28 PM 11-13-2016
Ford said in the first episode that all diseases have been cured. Tonight we learned that Bernard's son died of a disease at a time Bernard looked exactly as he does now.

More evidence of divergent timelines/Bernard being a host of some sort.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:56 PM 11-13-2016
Tonight's episode was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
hometeam 10:20 PM 11-13-2016
I FUCKIN KNEW IT
[Reply]
listopencil 11:05 PM 11-13-2016
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Ford said in the first episode that all diseases have been cured. Tonight we learned that Bernard's son died of a disease at a time Bernard looked exactly as he does now.

More evidence of divergent timelines/Bernard being a host of some sort.

lol
[Reply]
listopencil 11:07 PM 11-13-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I FUCKIN KNEW IT
Yeah. When he said 'What door?' the cat was out of the bag.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:52 PM 11-13-2016
Up until now I had assumed that the host's brain was mechanical in nature. Or perhaps I should say electronic. But giving a host an actual lobotomy kind of implies to me that I underestimated the complexity of the fabrication process. I'm leaning more and more towards transfer of consciousness as the secret motive of Delos.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:08 AM 11-14-2016
There will be a blood sacrifice if this fucking show doesn't merit a renewal. Holy shit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:11 AM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yeah. When he said 'What door?' the cat was out of the bag.

Yeah that did it for me too.

[Reply]
Buck 12:33 AM 11-14-2016
Awesome episode! When Bernard asked, "what door?" I nearly lost my shit.

I wonder if Ford is 3D printing a replacement Theresa in the basement.
[Reply]
Buck 12:34 AM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Up until now I had assumed that the host's brain was mechanical in nature. Or perhaps I should say electronic. But giving a host an actual lobotomy kind of implies to me that I underestimated the complexity of the fabrication process. I'm leaning more and more towards transfer of consciousness as the secret motive of Delos.

Oh shit I never thought of that. Good theory.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:40 AM 11-14-2016
Where's Elsie?

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:40 AM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Awesome episode! When Bernard asked, "what door?" I nearly lost my shit.

I wonder if Ford is 3D printing a replacement Theresa in the basement.
This 100%
[Reply]
Page 16 of 51
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up