ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 405
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>China quarantines Wuhan, a city the size of NYC
banyon 10:52 AM 01-23-2020


Updated info:

WORLD

There are currently 3,950,798 confirmed cases and 271,809 deaths from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of May 8, 2020 15:03 GMT




U.S. Coronavirus Cases

As of May 8, 2020 at 14:58 GMT, there have been 1,295,101 confirmed cases and 77,059 deaths due to coronavirus COVID-19 in the United States.

AL-9,048 (371 deaths)
AK-374 (10 deaths)
AZ-9,945 (450 deaths, 1 recovered)
AR-3,694 (88 deaths)
CA - 62,477 (2,545 deaths, 6 recovered)
CO-18,371 (944 deaths)
CT- 31,784 (2,797 deaths)
DE-5,939 (202 deaths)
DC- 5,654 (285 deaths)
FL-38,828 (1,600 deaths)
GA - 31,679 (1,353 deaths)
HI- 629 (17 deaths)
ID-2,178 (67 deaths)
IL-70,873 (3,111 deaths, 2 recovered)
IN-22,503 (1,414 deaths)
IA-11,457 (243 deaths)
KS-6,359 (168 deaths)
KY- 6,128 (294 deaths, 2 recovered)
LA-30,652 (2,208 deaths)
ME-1,330 (62 deaths)
MD-30,485 (1,560 deaths, 4 recovered)
MA-73,721(4,552 deaths, 1 recovered)
MI-45,646 (4,343 deaths)
MN-9,365 (508 deaths, 24 recovered)
MS-8,686 (396 deaths)
MO-9,561 (454 deaths)
MT-457 (16 deaths)
NE-7,190 (90 deaths)
NV-5,766 (293 deaths)
NH-2,843 (114 deaths)
NJ- 135,106 (8,834 deaths)
NM-4,493 (172 deaths)
NY-337,421 (26,365 deaths)
NC-13,954 (529 deaths)
ND-1,371 (31 deaths)
OH-22,134 (1,274 deaths)
OK-4,330 (260 deaths, 1 recovered)
OR-2,989 (121 deaths)
PA-56,002 (3,592 deaths)
RI-10,779 (399 deaths)
SC-7,142 (316 deaths)
SD-2,905 (31 deaths, 6 recovered)
TN-14,096 (239 deaths)
TX-36,606 (1,030 deaths, 11 recovered)
UT-5,724 (61 deaths)
VT-919 (53 deaths)
VA-22,342 (812 deaths, 1 recovered)
WA-16,943 (904 deaths, 124 recovered)
WV-1,310 (51 deaths)
WI- 9,215 (374 deaths, 1 recovered)
WY-635 (7 deaths)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

US recovered :148,291
[Reply]
patteeu 07:01 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
AGE
DEATH RATE*
80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities



I'm not worried. I'm sure it's not a fun time to get the Wuhan cold but all data points show it's just not as bad as it's being made out to be. MERS had like a 30% fatality rate across the spectrum. That's bad. And both MERS and SARS die out in the warmer months. Wouldn't expect anything different here.
Sure. We aren't facing a runaway death sentence. It's imminently survivable for our population, but if you were in the "over 70" age group, wouldn't you find those death rates a little disturbing if spread and exposure are significantly worse than MERS and EBOLA?

I'm not worried either, although I don't think I'd go to a big social event in chinatown in any of our major cities. And I might postpone certain non-essential air travel until more is known.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:23 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
I was talking about a travel ban for this country, you need to slow down and not make assumptions before you are done reading the post.

I read it. I responded about multiple areas, including the plan being fluid and, you know, China's numbers v. Italy's.

Originally Posted by banyon:
Did you post an answer to the question of why we haven’t banned air travel from the other countries with outbreaks? Because that’s the question I actually asked, your venom spitting aside.
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
... I could explain math to you, but you should already know that there are a lot more coronavirus sick people in China than in Italy. ...

do you think applying that elsewhere needs to be specified every time, and that I have to break down every single country? Are you unable to grasp why a smaller number in Italy might be reason to hold off on banning travel from that country?


:-)


Originally Posted by banyon:
Again I didn’t mention trump, but you seem to feel the need to every post. But since it is in the end his decision we might have to incidentally mention him don’t you think?
The TDS is there. Whether you mention a specific name or not is not relevant, given the angle of the posts.

But tell us all again how, after goodness only knows how many decades of it being done as the S.O.P., getting everyone on the same page when it comes to public commenting has suddenly morphed into a bad thing.
[Reply]
seamonster 07:32 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Sure. We aren't facing a runaway death sentence. It's imminently survivable for our population, but if you were in the "over 70" age group, wouldn't you find those death rates a little disturbing if spread and exposure are significantly worse than MERS and EBOLA?

I'm not worried either, although I don't think I'd go to a big social event in chinatown in any of our major cities. And I might postpone certain non-essential air travel until more is known.
I can empathize.I have genuine respect for the elderly, but this just isn't a real long term issue. A 14% mortality rate for 80 year olds isn't worth shutting down the worlds commerce or running to Alex JOnes's website to pick up MRE's and survival kits.
[Reply]
banyon 07:44 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Sure. We aren't facing a runaway death sentence. It's imminently survivable for our population, but if you were in the "over 70" age group, wouldn't you find those death rates a little disturbing if spread and exposure are significantly worse than MERS and EBOLA?

I'm not worried either, although I don't think I'd go to a big social event in chinatown in any of our major cities. And I might postpone certain non-essential air travel until more is known.
Agree with this response. Over 50 in general it is not great.
[Reply]
banyon 07:47 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I read it. I responded about multiple areas, including the plan being fluid and, you know, China's numbers v. Italy's.






do you think applying that elsewhere needs to be specified every time, and that I have to break down every single country? Are you unable to grasp why a smaller number in Italy might be reason to hold off on banning travel from that country.
It seems like you may need to break it down again for yourself as you are confusing raw numbers with an accelerating trend.

And almost every one of the new countries with a confirmed case are tracing the case epidemiologically to either Iran or Italy. Is that important, or just duck our heads back in the sand til we hear back from the task force?
[Reply]
ghak99 07:48 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
AGE
DEATH RATE*
80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities



I'm not worried. I'm sure it's not a fun time to get the Wuhan cold but all data points show it's just not as bad as it's being made out to be. MERS had like a 30% fatality rate across the spectrum. That's bad. And both MERS and SARS die out in the warmer months. Wouldn't expect anything different here.
The 0-9 is interesting.

Must mean that footage out of China was fake news.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:49 PM 02-28-2020
Why do the text and the map not match?
[Reply]
banyon 07:51 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Why do the text and the map not match?
Iíve been trying to keep them updated but they come from two different sites. Sorry bout that Iíll try to update it tonight.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:53 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
Iíve been trying to keep them updated but they come from two different sites. Sorry bout that Iíll try to update it tonight.
The map shows one in TX, but the text doesn't list it.

Thanks for trying to keep up with it.
[Reply]
banyon 08:55 PM 02-28-2020

BREAKING: A second case of coronavirus found through spread in California. a 65-year-old resident of Santa Clara County with no known history of travel to countries hit hard by outbreak, sources tell us. Me w @lennymbernstein https://t.co/Vj2zkOHk1G

— LenaSun (@bylenasun) February 28, 2020


Coronavirus case of unknown origin confirmed in Oregon, indicating virus is spreading https://t.co/V0BA5i3dEP

— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) February 29, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:02 PM 02-28-2020
Burn China. Burn it to the ground!
[Reply]
banyon 09:02 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
The map shows one in TX, but the text doesn't list it.

Thanks for trying to keep up with it.
Also I believe the one on the map in TX refers to a known Diamond Princess case that was relocated there. So itís counted in those numbers.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:06 PM 02-28-2020
Trump called this virus a hoax tonight.

You all stand by that?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:14 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Trump called this virus a hoax tonight.

You all stand by that?
I do somewhat... It is being way overblown, not necessarily for nefarious means, but for eyeballs watching their channels, and the Dems dog piling like the un-American shills they are...
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:32 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Trump called this virus a hoax tonight.

You all stand by that?
Wrong.

Trump said no such thing.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 405
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up