ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 405
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>China quarantines Wuhan, a city the size of NYC
banyon 10:52 AM 01-23-2020

Updated info:

WORLD

There are currently 3,950,798 confirmed cases and 271,809 deaths from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of May 8, 2020 15:03 GMT

U.S. Coronavirus Cases

As of May 8, 2020 at 14:58 GMT, there have been 1,295,101 confirmed cases and 77,059 deaths due to coronavirus COVID-19 in the United States.

AL-9,048 (371 deaths)
AK-374 (10 deaths)
AZ-9,945 (450 deaths, 1 recovered)
AR-3,694 (88 deaths)
CA - 62,477 (2,545 deaths, 6 recovered)
CO-18,371 (944 deaths)
CT- 31,784 (2,797 deaths)
DE-5,939 (202 deaths)
DC- 5,654 (285 deaths)
FL-38,828 (1,600 deaths)
GA - 31,679 (1,353 deaths)
HI- 629 (17 deaths)
ID-2,178 (67 deaths)
IL-70,873 (3,111 deaths, 2 recovered)
IN-22,503 (1,414 deaths)
IA-11,457 (243 deaths)
KS-6,359 (168 deaths)
KY- 6,128 (294 deaths, 2 recovered)
LA-30,652 (2,208 deaths)
ME-1,330 (62 deaths)
MD-30,485 (1,560 deaths, 4 recovered)
MA-73,721(4,552 deaths, 1 recovered)
MI-45,646 (4,343 deaths)
MN-9,365 (508 deaths, 24 recovered)
MS-8,686 (396 deaths)
MO-9,561 (454 deaths)
MT-457 (16 deaths)
NE-7,190 (90 deaths)
NV-5,766 (293 deaths)
NH-2,843 (114 deaths)
NJ- 135,106 (8,834 deaths)
NM-4,493 (172 deaths)
NY-337,421 (26,365 deaths)
NC-13,954 (529 deaths)
ND-1,371 (31 deaths)
OH-22,134 (1,274 deaths)
OK-4,330 (260 deaths, 1 recovered)
OR-2,989 (121 deaths)
PA-56,002 (3,592 deaths)
RI-10,779 (399 deaths)
SC-7,142 (316 deaths)
SD-2,905 (31 deaths, 6 recovered)
TN-14,096 (239 deaths)
TX-36,606 (1,030 deaths, 11 recovered)
UT-5,724 (61 deaths)
VT-919 (53 deaths)
VA-22,342 (812 deaths, 1 recovered)
WA-16,943 (904 deaths, 124 recovered)
WV-1,310 (51 deaths)
WI- 9,215 (374 deaths, 1 recovered)
WY-635 (7 deaths)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

US recovered :148,291
[Reply]
banyon 03:01 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Try to put more thought into it than "Orange man bad", because that's all you've give us so far.
You can pretend thatís what I posted if it makes it easier on you I guess.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:05 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
You can pretend that’s what I posted if it makes it easier on you I guess.
I'm not pretending anything. You're bitching without anything but bitching.

"But the WHO says..."

Where did the WHO say to shut down all travel, and who determined that the WHO is automatically correct in its assessments and recommendations?

"But containment! But planning!"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/read-...nt-plan-orders

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-facility.html
[Reply]
banyon 03:36 PM 02-28-2020

"But the WHO says..."

Where did the WHO say to shut down all travel, and who determined that the WHO is automatically correct in its assessments and recommendations?

Thatís funny that you were able to say all that without mentioning trump, since I hadnít either. See how easy it is to respond?

WHO hasnít recommended shutting down all air travel, they have said we should take strenuous or severe measures like the Chinese. They didnít spell out which severe measures we should emulate.

But I said I havenít seen the media ask that question not to bash dear leader who cannot be criticized, but because I actually want to know the answer.
[Reply]
Coyote 03:39 PM 02-28-2020
Imagine that?
And here I was told that the administration had a poor response plan. This is a planning order (PLANORD).

Think you can order such things as a virus? Nobody get sick. So ordered. Only in the Corps. This isnít that. Remember 2 out of 3 Marine major war fighting commands are in the Pacific.

It is a document that elevates a contingency response process and clarifies command relationships.

When I was involved in plans for pandemic responses, it was a wicked problem. You have to think backwards from all other contingencies. Keeping folks away from work, meetings, etc. and still maintaining effectiveness.

ďThe U.S. Marine Corps will prepare for potential outbreaks of 2019-nCoV.* If an outbreak occurs, the Marine Corps mitigates, responds, and recovers from the effects in order to maintain force readiness.Ē

ďThe Marine Corpsí response to a pandemic outbreak focuses on five major areas:*
1) Force Health Protection (FHP); 2) Disease Containment Planning (DCP) and Readiness; 3) Continuity of Operations (COOP); 4) Defense Support of Civilian Authorities (DSCA); and 5) Support to U.S. Government response efforts.

https://www.marines.mil/News/Message...-for-2019-nov/
[Reply]
TLO 03:55 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Imagine that?
And here I was told that the administration had a poor response plan. This is a planning order (PLANORD).

Think you can order such things as a virus? Nobody get sick. So ordered. Only in the Corps. This isnít that. Remember 2 out of 3 Marine major war fighting commands are in the Pacific.

It is a document that elevates a contingency response process and clarifies command relationships.

When I was involved in plans for pandemic responses, it was a wicked problem. You have to think backwards from all other contingencies. Keeping folks away from work, meetings, etc. and still maintaining effectiveness.

ďThe U.S. Marine Corps will prepare for potential outbreaks of 2019-nCoV.* If an outbreak occurs, the Marine Corps mitigates, responds, and recovers from the effects in order to maintain force readiness.Ē

ďThe Marine Corpsí response to a pandemic outbreak focuses on five major areas:*
1) Force Health Protection (FHP); 2) Disease Containment Planning (DCP) and Readiness; 3) Continuity of Operations (COOP); 4) Defense Support of Civilian Authorities (DSCA); and 5) Support to U.S. Government response efforts.

https://www.marines.mil/News/Message...-for-2019-nov/
Ok
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:59 PM 02-28-2020
That’s funny that you were able to say all that without mentioning trump, since I hadn’t either. See how easy it is to respond?
I never have a problem responding. And one can target an individual without specifically mentioning him.

WHO hasn’t recommended shutting down all air travel, they have said we should take strenuous or severe measures like the Chinese. They didn’t spell out which severe measures we should emulate.

But I said I haven’t seen the media ask that question not to bash dear leader who cannot be criticized, but because I actually want to know the answer.

You were bitching because the administration went the S.O.P. route of trying to make sure that everyone speaking is on the same message, as if that is some sea change in approach. And I posted two articles on stuff the administration has done, so you can see that information is out there and available on the internet. You could have looked this stuff up for yourself.

This is what I'm talking about with you. There's no need for this sort of shit from you. If this board wants to read idiot leftists posting, there are plenty around who do it better than you. You're not going to out-idiot the likes of loneiguana, NJwhateverthe****, Cosmo and the like. Take the intelligent, reasonable leftist lane, instead. There's really no traffic there.
[Reply]
banyon 04:04 PM 02-28-2020
I never have a problem responding. And one can target an individual without specifically mentioning him.

You were bitching because the administration went the S.O.P. route of trying to make sure that everyone speaking is on the same message, as if that is some sea change in approach. And I posted two articles on stuff the administration has done, so you can see that information is out there and available on the internet. You could have looked this stuff up for yourself.

This is what I'm talking about with you. There's no need for this sort of shit from you. If this board wants to read idiot leftists posting, there are plenty around who do it better than you. You're not going to out-idiot the likes of loneiguana, NJwhateverthe****, Cosmo and the like. Take the intelligent, reasonable leftist lane, instead. There's really no traffic there.
Did you post an answer to the question of why we havenít banned air travel from the other countries with outbreaks? Because thatís the question I actually asked, your venom spitting aside.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:11 PM 02-28-2020
Did you post an answer to the question of why we havenít banned air travel from the other countries with outbreaks? Because thatís the question I actually asked, your venom spitting aside.
In one month you're going to look just as stupid as those idiots that thought the world was coming to an end because of "net neutrality".
[Reply]
patteeu 04:21 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
In one month you're going to look just as stupid as those idiots that thought the world was coming to an end because of "net neutrality".
If one month from now, we're in the clear, how will we know whether to ridicule people who are concerned today or thank them for stimulating a successful response?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:35 PM 02-28-2020
Did you post an answer to the question of why we haven’t banned air travel from the other countries with outbreaks? Because that’s the question I actually asked, your venom spitting aside.
I'm not spitting venom. I'm pointing out the shittiness of your posting. I could explain math to you, but you should already know that there are a lot more coronavirus sick people in China than in Italy. If you haven't figured that out, you're problems go deeper than your TDS. I could explain that plans are obviously fluid, but you should already know that. I could explain that the travel laws in Europe make a single country travel ban there much less effective, but you should already know that. etc...

Again, this is the point. You have nothing but "Orange man bad" on your mind, and that makes your posting needlessly lousy. And when you get called out for being needlessly lousy posting, your pat response is to claim victimhood and call the other person bad, rather than just knocking it off.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:47 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If one month from now, we're in the clear, how will we know whether to ridicule people who are concerned today or thank them for stimulating a successful response?

80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

I'm not worried. I'm sure it's not a fun time to get the Wuhan cold but all data points show it's just not as bad as it's being made out to be. MERS had like a 30% fatality rate across the spectrum. That's bad. And both MERS and SARS die out in the warmer months. Wouldn't expect anything different here.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:05 PM 02-28-2020

"But the WHO says..."

I thought WHO has yet to call it a pandemic. Apparently, there is no official scientific definition for what constitutes a pandemic. And who the fuck cares if they did, when each U.S. state has protocols for reporting infectious diseases.

Originally Posted by :
The COVID-19 outbreak is not a pandemic, says WHO Director General....

WHO's head, Dr. Tedros warns that itís not important what we label the outbreak because that will not prevent new cases

[Reply]
banyon 06:15 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ok
I'm not spitting venom. I'm pointing out the shittiness of your posting. I could explain math to you, but you should already know that there are a lot more coronavirus sick people in China than in Italy. If you haven't figured that out, you're problems go deeper than your TDS. I could explain that plans are obviously fluid, but you should already know that. I could explain that the travel laws in Europe make a single country travel ban there much less effective, but you should already know that. etc...

Again, this is the point. You have nothing but "Orange man bad" on your mind, and that makes your posting needlessly lousy. And when you get called out for being needlessly lousy posting, your pat response is to claim victimhood and call the other person bad, rather than just knocking it off.
I was talking about a travel ban for this country, you need to slow down and not make assumptions before you are done reading the post.

Again I didn’t mention trump, but you seem to feel the need to every post. But since it is in the end his decision we might have to incidentally mention him don’t you think?
[Reply]
banyon 06:20 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by seamonster:
80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

I'm not worried. I'm sure it's not a fun time to get the Wuhan cold but all data points show it's just not as bad as it's being made out to be. MERS had like a 30% fatality rate across the spectrum. That's bad. And both MERS and SARS die out in the warmer months. Wouldn't expect anything different here.
People just aren’t getting it. It’s not just the mortality rate. A high mortality rate can actually be detrimental to the virus because it will kill off its hosts and break the transmission chain too quickly.

It’s the combination of mortality and transmissibility combined with the apparent asymptomatic transmission that makes it difficult to contain.

And don’t laugh off the .2% for the lower age brackets that appears to still be significantly higher than regular flu perhaps 4x mortality
[Reply]
seamonster 06:34 PM 02-28-2020
People just aren’t getting it. It’s not just the mortality rate. A high mortality rate can actually be detrimental to the virus because it will kill off its hosts and break the transmission chain too quickly.

It’s the combination of mortality and transmissibility combined with the apparent asymptomatic transmission that makes it difficult to contain.

And don’t laugh off the .2% for the lower age brackets that appears to still be significantly higher than regular flu perhaps 4x mortality
Viruses are like RUSSIAN BOTS now? Are they scheming and coniving? How about it's just a flu-like upper respitory illness.

And speaking of the flu, virtually no one under the age of 9 has died from the corona virus whereas the spanish flu -- and even the normal flu -- is a deadly situation for toddlers and infants. That's the normal pattern for a pandemic.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 405
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up