ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 405
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>China quarantines Wuhan, a city the size of NYC
banyon 10:52 AM 01-23-2020


Updated info:

WORLD

There are currently 3,950,798 confirmed cases and 271,809 deaths from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of May 8, 2020 15:03 GMT




U.S. Coronavirus Cases

As of May 8, 2020 at 14:58 GMT, there have been 1,295,101 confirmed cases and 77,059 deaths due to coronavirus COVID-19 in the United States.

AL-9,048 (371 deaths)
AK-374 (10 deaths)
AZ-9,945 (450 deaths, 1 recovered)
AR-3,694 (88 deaths)
CA - 62,477 (2,545 deaths, 6 recovered)
CO-18,371 (944 deaths)
CT- 31,784 (2,797 deaths)
DE-5,939 (202 deaths)
DC- 5,654 (285 deaths)
FL-38,828 (1,600 deaths)
GA - 31,679 (1,353 deaths)
HI- 629 (17 deaths)
ID-2,178 (67 deaths)
IL-70,873 (3,111 deaths, 2 recovered)
IN-22,503 (1,414 deaths)
IA-11,457 (243 deaths)
KS-6,359 (168 deaths)
KY- 6,128 (294 deaths, 2 recovered)
LA-30,652 (2,208 deaths)
ME-1,330 (62 deaths)
MD-30,485 (1,560 deaths, 4 recovered)
MA-73,721(4,552 deaths, 1 recovered)
MI-45,646 (4,343 deaths)
MN-9,365 (508 deaths, 24 recovered)
MS-8,686 (396 deaths)
MO-9,561 (454 deaths)
MT-457 (16 deaths)
NE-7,190 (90 deaths)
NV-5,766 (293 deaths)
NH-2,843 (114 deaths)
NJ- 135,106 (8,834 deaths)
NM-4,493 (172 deaths)
NY-337,421 (26,365 deaths)
NC-13,954 (529 deaths)
ND-1,371 (31 deaths)
OH-22,134 (1,274 deaths)
OK-4,330 (260 deaths, 1 recovered)
OR-2,989 (121 deaths)
PA-56,002 (3,592 deaths)
RI-10,779 (399 deaths)
SC-7,142 (316 deaths)
SD-2,905 (31 deaths, 6 recovered)
TN-14,096 (239 deaths)
TX-36,606 (1,030 deaths, 11 recovered)
UT-5,724 (61 deaths)
VT-919 (53 deaths)
VA-22,342 (812 deaths, 1 recovered)
WA-16,943 (904 deaths, 124 recovered)
WV-1,310 (51 deaths)
WI- 9,215 (374 deaths, 1 recovered)
WY-635 (7 deaths)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ate/index.html

US recovered :148,291
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:46 PM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
https://babylonbee.com/news/governor...irus-free-zone
Wait so he's not going to let immigrants in? That seems hypocritical.
[Reply]
Otter 08:14 AM 01-29-2020
If this turn out positive I officially raise an eyebrow...

https://qz.com/india/1792388/three-s...rted-in-delhi/

Three suspected cases of the coronavirus were reported in the Indian capital today (Jan. 28) .

The patients had returned from China recently and were admitted to the Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi with respiratory symptoms similar to those of the deadly disease currently gripping the world.

“There are three patients under observation. The virus hasn’t been confirmed yet but they are showing similar symptoms,” a spokesperson for the chief medical officer of the hospital told Quartz.

While no positive cases have been detected in India so far, over 100 people have been kept under observation in the states of Kerala and Maharashtra since Monday (Jan. 27).

Globally, the death toll due to the virus has touched 106. Originating in a seafood market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, the virus causes pneumonia-like symptoms reminiscent of other animal-borne diseases like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and MERS (middle eastern respiratory syndrome).

The world over, evacuations and quarantines have been initiated to contain the virus as scientists scramble to understand it and its severity. Chinese officials have also placed a full lockdown on Wuhan, isolating its 11 million residents from the rest of the world.
[Reply]
neech 08:43 AM 01-29-2020
I'll go to your funeral if you go to mine.
[Reply]
Otter 09:55 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
I'll go to your funeral if you go to mine.
It's a deal!

As an addendum; if society breaks down to the point where it's no longer worth living you shoot me then I'll shot you.
[Reply]
kepp 10:20 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
If this turn out positive I officially raise an eyebrow...

https://qz.com/india/1792388/three-s...rted-in-delhi/

Three suspected cases of the coronavirus were reported in the Indian capital today (Jan. 28) .

The patients had returned from China recently and were admitted to the Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in New Delhi with respiratory symptoms similar to those of the deadly disease currently gripping the world.

“There are three patients under observation. The virus hasn’t been confirmed yet but they are showing similar symptoms,” a spokesperson for the chief medical officer of the hospital told Quartz.

While no positive cases have been detected in India so far, over 100 people have been kept under observation in the states of Kerala and Maharashtra since Monday (Jan. 27).

Globally, the death toll due to the virus has touched 106. Originating in a seafood market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, the virus causes pneumonia-like symptoms reminiscent of other animal-borne diseases like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and MERS (middle eastern respiratory syndrome).

The world over, evacuations and quarantines have been initiated to contain the virus as scientists scramble to understand it and its severity. Chinese officials have also placed a full lockdown on Wuhan, isolating its 11 million residents from the rest of the world.
Yeah, that virus getting loose in India could be bad.
[Reply]
scho63 10:40 AM 01-29-2020
That OP chart got old real fast!
[Reply]
ping2000 10:59 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by kepp:
Yeah, that virus getting loose in India could be bad.
Just stay out of 7-11.
[Reply]
banyon 01:49 PM 01-29-2020
This is Macau, several hundred miles from Wuhan.



China Now Has More Cases Than It Had of SARS
Chinese officials confirmed over 6,000 cases of the mysterious illness as foreign governments airlifted their citizens out of Wuhan, the outbreak’s epicenter.


RIGHT NOW The virus shows signs of spreading overseas, with people who never visited China falling ill in Germany, Japan, Taiwan and Vietnam.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:56 PM 01-29-2020
Someone running Tencent's twitter fucked up. It's over 15,000 cases in China.
[Reply]
banyon 01:59 PM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Someone running Tencent's twitter ****ed up. It's over 15,000 cases in China.
where are you getting that number?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:20 AM 01-30-2020
I think this is a ploy by the company that sells face masks.
[Reply]
neech 08:01 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
It's a deal!

As an addendum; if society breaks down to the point where it's no longer worth living you shoot me then I'll shot you.

[Reply]
neech 08:10 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I think this is a ploy by the company that sells face masks.
There is always a way to make money out of even dire circumstances.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:06 AM 01-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I think this is a ploy by the company that sells face masks.
Mrs Nzoner has to wear one due to her weak immune system and the Wal-Mart pharmacy was sold out.I asked the pharmacist when he thought new ones would be in and he directed me to hardware for a 3M mask they have there.
[Reply]
banyon 10:30 AM 01-30-2020
https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...086a28115a2283

Almost two-thirds of airport screening tests fail to detect people with coronavirus, according to new research.

Researchers at the Centre for Mathematical Modelling of Infectious Diseases at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have modelled the effectiveness of screening based on estimates of the incubation period and sensitivity of detection techniques.

They found are using “generally conservative assumptions” more than 63% of infected patients do not get detected. A paper on the research warned that such screening “is only achievable if the rate of asymptomatic infections that are transmissible is negligible, screening sensitivity is almost perfect, and the incubation period is short.”

It concluded:

“We find that airport screening for initial symptoms, via thermal scanners or similar, on either exit or entry is unlikely to detect a sufficient proportion of 2019-nCoV infected travellers in order to avoid entry of infected travellers and therefore the potential for seeding of local transmission.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 405
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up