ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:20 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Not so awesome if you know some of the history of it's regulars and Chiefsplanet....that there is the anus of Chiefs Kingdom.
Best reason to avoid knowing the particulars of things. That's why I don't want to know about Chiefs players' personal lives. Might find out something I don't like.

It's a cool looking place though. We have this place here in Scottsdale that's a Chiefs fan bar, and it's got a lot of that kind of Chiefs paraphernalia hanging from the walls. I like the place enough to go enjoy the occasional game there, but I don't go enough to get to know anyone there. Might find out some regular or bartender is a real POS, and then what? There's only one Chiefs bar in AZ, so best to keep it very casual.

P.S. The food is pretty danged good though. If i lived in Scottsdale I'd probably spend a lot more time there.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:20 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Story time, Elvis.
Start reading
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46587
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:34 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Is that the joint out in Philly? Watched our playoff game against the Steelers where they won with only FGs there. :-)

Big Charlie’s Saloon

I’ve visited there a few times. Wear your Chiefs gear in there & you are family. They love to have people in KC visit. True diehard fans.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:42 PM 11-30-2020
Once (fall 1997 actually since I was a SR in college) we were all out at Harpo’s Westport. DT, Rison et al were in there at a table and I thought it was amazing being by actual pro athletes.

Then Dale Carter came stumbling past everyone whining “Aw DT I am so f*** HIIIIGH”. So there’s that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:45 PM 11-30-2020
Big Charlie's Saloon:

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:58 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Once (fall 1997 actually since I was a SR in college) we were all out at Harpo’s Westport. DT, Rison et al were in there at a table and I thought it was amazing being by actual pro athletes.

Then Dale Carter came stumbling past everyone whining “Aw DT I am so f*** HIIIIGH”. So there’s that.
That place makes me feel old now
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:22 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by alanm:
The people responsible for these shutdowns don't realize how bad they are hurting business. And yet for the most part they put those people back in power. Just amazing. And sad.
I'll bet the 20-somethings who work at these bars voted for Biden. Basically they voted themselves out of a job.

LOL, just LOL... Fuck 'um, I'm doing fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Big Charlie’s Saloon

I’ve visited there a few times. Wear your Chiefs gear in there & you are family. They love to have people in KC visit. True diehard fans.
The correct word is "hardcore". :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yes, nothing more American than bourbon. Doing the Tennessee distillery tour is an unchecked box on my list.

Great book

https://books.google.com/books/about...kp_read_button
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The correct word is "hardcore". :-)

A die-hard fan is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness. An example of a die hard fan is a person who goes to see a losing team play every single game, even in the rain or if the game is a practice game.

A hard core fan is someone who supports something really actively and with a lot of enthusiasm. If you never miss a game for your favorite sports team and have the names of all the players memorized, you're a hard core fan.

You can be both.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:38 PM 11-30-2020
A die-hard fan is someone or something that shows or possesses extreme, absolute or complete loyalty even if facing defeat or hopelessness. An example of a die hard fan is a person who goes to see a losing team play every single game, even in the rain or if the game is a practice game.

A hard core fan is someone who supports something really actively and with a lot of enthusiasm. If you never miss a game for your favorite sports team and have the names of all the players memorized, you're a hard core fan.

You can be both.

Sorry, it's an old CP joke. You must not have gotten it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:41 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry, it's an old CP joke. You must not have gotten it.

[Reply]
|Zach| 12:13 AM 12-01-2020
Surprised the posts here almost unanimously indicated a lot of these places were going downhill from COVID I feel like in Kansas City there are a lot of places that have thrived for a while and continue to do so. Sure places come and go that is the business but a lot of neighborhood joints are really popular.

It also is not just young people at these places. KC joints that stick out to me are Caddyshack (one of my favorites), The Ship, Tower Tavern, The Brick, Hi-Dive, Blue Line, Lucky Boys, Campground, Voltaire, Helen's JAD...that is just to name a few.

In "normal" times you go into any of those places and they are thriving 7 of those you could catch a game at. Makes me wonder if this is more of a suburban\rural issue?
[Reply]
vailpass 12:16 AM 12-01-2020
Great book

https://books.google.com/books/about...kp_read_button
Thanks.

Order #
111-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX
Order total
$25.93 (1 item)
Cancel items
Shipment details
Change shipping speed
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate
Thursday, December 3, 2020 - Saturday, December 5, 2020 by 10pm

Pappyland: A Story of Family, Fine Bourbon, and the Things That Last $23.99
Qty: 1
Sold By: Amazon.com Services LLC
[Reply]
JakeF 12:19 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Destroy what America created:

The middle class.
The middle class was destroyed years ago. That's what trickle down economics does.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up