ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 140
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
TLO 11:30 AM 04-24-2019
I've reviewed the game tape; (watched YouTube highlights), and I've come to the conclusion that this dude is a beast.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:30 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude, you're acting like since we signed Clark we don't get to draft anyone in the next two years.

The truth is, if you want to take advantage of this Mahomes on his rookie contract window, no picks from #29 or the second round are going to play at a level that Frank Clark has already demonstrated in 2019 or 2020. They're just not. you're not going to get Derrick Thomas at #29.

It's not like we just went nuts in Vegas either; we jettisoned old contracts that were bloated and huge with Berry and Houston and considering what we would've had to pay Ford, we're still ahead money-wise.

And check this- so if we'd kept Ford, we'd have paid what, $17.5 million? So we're literally talking about...like $3 million. That's like...Eric Murray.

Who ****ing cares? AND we still have two #2's, a HIGHER #3, a #5, two #6's and a #7 as well as a full complement of picks next year.

We didn't mortgage anything. We're still ahead of where we were cap-wise in January, we got younger, stronger, and more aggressive. We got HEALTHIER, which was a major problem previously.

We wanted a re-build on defense, and Veach and Reid have done it in a head-spinningly quick fashion. I for one am pretty ****ing impressed.
I think you're acting like I hate everything about what we're doing. Again, I am glad as hell we made the trade and have been very complimentary of our offseason to date. But let's not diminish the value of draft picks so we can put positive spin to what we gave up. We got a great player but we paid a very heavy price for it. We'll notice those picks missing in 2-3 years when we're losing players left to right and have shit on the bench to replace them. But again... I'm not saying this to say we made a bad trade. Just that we gave up a lottttt.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-24-2019
Todd McShay says Veach believes that he can get a good CB or safety in the second round but wouldn’t find a Frank Clark at 29
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:33 AM 04-24-2019
Do you realize that you're putting for 'evidence' that contradicts itself and your point every time you post?

So we didn't overpay for Thomas, but we always overpay?

We should've gotten more for Peters, except nobody would pay it?

We should've gotten something for Houston! Except everyone knew we would release him, so they just waited for that. Because you know, you can just bluff people when they know what cards you're holding.

OMG we overpaid huge for Clark! Except, nah, not really. We're paying him a few million a year more than Ford. And he's twice the player.

YOU have decided, in your mind, on a narrative that you believe. You are now presenting any and all evidence as proof of that narrative, whether it fits or not.

You're not being logical at all. You're just reacting on an emotional level.
He must have ordered one of those 6-foot subs for the draft party and it's too late to cancel :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:35 AM 04-24-2019
Do you realize that you're putting for 'evidence' that contradicts itself and your point every time you post?

So we didn't overpay for Thomas, but we always overpay?

We should've gotten more for Peters, except nobody would pay it?

We should've gotten something for Houston! Except everyone knew we would release him, so they just waited for that. Because you know, you can just bluff people when they know what cards you're holding.

OMG we overpaid huge for Clark! Except, nah, not really. We're paying him a few million a year more than Ford. And he's twice the player.

YOU have decided, in your mind, on a narrative that you believe. You are now presenting any and all evidence as proof of that narrative, whether it fits or not.

You're not being logical at all. You're just reacting on an emotional level.
You do realize there's a sweet spot between undercompensation and overcompensation, right? It's one thing if it feels just a touch off. But on each of those deals I mentioned Cp felt we were WAY off market value. It's amazing that we're all suddenly praising these past deals. Several of those deals were very controversial here. Again, if the market asks for $100, does it make you a great negotiator because you pay $500?
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:37 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You do realize there's a sweet spot between undercompensation and overcompensation, right? It's one thing if it feels just a touch off. But on each of those deals I mentioned Cp felt we were WAY off market value.
You've no idea what market value was.
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:39 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This would be a real solid list of talent, and addresses almost every need (no Ol ?).
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:42 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
This would be a real solid list of talent, and addresses almost every need (no Ol ?).
I’m gonna be honest. I don’t see a need for OL. We got Wylie and McKenzie and backups. And Jimmy Murray. Maybe a undrafted OL. But don’t see a need for O line
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:43 AM 04-24-2019

Frank Clark's new 5-year contract with KC is in. Some details:

*Clark has a workout bonus of $195k this year & $500k from 2020-2023
*Clark has a sack incentive of $300k of 11.5+ sacks from 2019 to 2023
*Clark is due a 2020 roster bonus of $7 million if he's on the roster Apr. 5.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:43 AM 04-24-2019

Clark's deal is worth $104 million over 5 years.

He has base salaries of $805k in 2019, $24m in 2020, $18.5m in 2021, $19m in 2022 and $20.5m in 2023

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
BlackOp 11:44 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We still have 3 picks in the top 85 dude. That’s what they are for.
Chiefs also have a 1st, SF's 2nd (in the top 10-15), and 3rd next year. It's not like Clark cost them an entire draft.

They also have UDFAs...whom would probably like a chance to play with Mahomes.

Dee Ford got $33 million guaranteed/$17 per/$85 million...the #28 pick is $10 million guaranteed, the #60-ish 2nd is $4 million. So essentially Clark cost $16 million more (guaranteed) than keeping everything as is...and $3-4 million more a year than Ford.

If you add it up per year...with the traded draft picks salary it comes out to almost even. Clark just has more long-term insurance.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:50 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chiefs also have a 1st, SF's 2nd (in the top 10-15), and 3rd next year. It's not like Clark cost them an entire draft.

They also have UDFAs...whom would probably like a chance to play with Mahomes.

Dee Ford got $33 million guaranteed/$17 per/$85 million...the #28 pick is $10 million guaranteed, the #60-ish 2nd is $4 million. So essentially Clark cost $16 million more (guaranteed) than keeping everything as is...and $3-4 million more a year than Ford.
Well worth for a guy that will change the culture on that side of the ball.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:52 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You do realize there's a sweet spot between undercompensation and overcompensation, right? It's one thing if it feels just a touch off. But on each of those deals I mentioned Cp felt we were WAY off market value. It's amazing that we're all suddenly praising these past deals. Several of those deals were very controversial here. Again, if the market asks for $100, does it make you a great negotiator because you pay $500?
No, here's what I realize.

YOU can think whatever the hell you want about what compensation is ENOUGH and what is TOO MUCH.

But you're not privy to the conversations between teams GM's so you don't know. AT ALL. You have no idea. You don't know what the market is for individual players . So you're saying "OH THAT'S TOO MUCH" when you don't know what the market was.

So you are completely speculating a bunch of bullshit and putting that forward as some sort of truth when it isn't.

And so if we DID NOT pay what the Ravens would for Thomas, but we OVERPAID in your opinion for Clark, how can both of those outcomes equal the same story in your mind? They conflict. Either Veach is a cheap-ass and won't pay for talent, or he's a feckless idiot who overpays. Which is it?

The truth is, you have no idea. You have no idea who was bidding and what the price was for anyone or anything.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:52 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You've no idea what market value was.
No. But we know that the comp was very high by nfl standards. And I showed our history of negotiating not so great deals. Not hard to guess we gave up too much and everyone outside the cp bubble seems to agree.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:53 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I'm watching the full Broncos/Seahawks 2018 game. Most of the time, Clark is singled up on either Bolles or Heuerman and isn't getting anywhere. He got one sack on a well-designed stunt.
you're playing a team with a shit qb you dont want to sell out on the pass so stay put stop the run and keenum is not beating you
[Reply]
Page 116 of 140
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126 > Last »
Up