ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Bond 25: No Time To Die
keg in kc 01:30 PM 08-20-2019

Daniel Craig returns as James Bond, 007 in… NO TIME TO DIE. Out in the UK on 3 April 2020 and 8 April 2020 in the US. #Bond25 #NoTimeToDie pic.twitter.com/qxYEnMhk2s

— James Bond (@007) August 20, 2019

[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:01 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Whomever it is they have big shoes to fill.. Graig is an excellent Bond.. By far my favorite...

I have seen every Bond movie from day one. Wouldn't miss one.

I worked as a CI in the DIA for over 20 years. I was involved in operations of one kind or another all over the world. As much as I love the "thought" of James Bond - it's nonsense (and we all know it). But I have to be completely forthcoming here....There WERE times when I was in a situation and it "felt" like a 3 minute Bond movie. :-)

And Damn! I would give my left nut to own that Aston-Martin!! I was on leave from the Army back in 1967-68?? and as I was driving to the store for my folks - there in the parking lot was an exhibition of the ORIGINAL Bond Aston Martin. Obviously, I checked it out. Had all the props installed on it - and it was nothing short of cool......

Sean Connery will always be Bond in my mind - but damn if Craig doesn't do a fine job as well! He will be next to impossible to replace..
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:58 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Supposedly the black chick.
Probably buried in this thread somewhere, but I think she replaces him before the movie. He's out, she's the new 007.

Which does not necessarily mean she's 007 after...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:46 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Probably buried in this thread somewhere, but I think she replaces him before the movie. He's out, she's the new 007.

Which does not necessarily mean she's 007 after...
I really don’t think that would go over well. Some characters just aren’t meant to be gender switched. They just wouldn’t be the same character.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:56 PM 10-02-2020
It's been pushed again, this time to April 2, 2021
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:58 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's been pushed again, this time to April 2, 2021
Saw that.

Good lord, Hollywood is gonna kill off theaters. Maybe they want to? But I keep seeing conflicting reports a hour how well stuff like Mulan is performing on VOD....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:13 PM 10-22-2020
Serious rumors out there right now that MGM is looking to sell this to Apple TV or Netflix.

I guess they money offers are too good for MGM to pass up?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:31 AM 10-23-2020
https://www.imore.com/apple-frontrun...ing-deal-swirl

Apple may be a frontrunner in a new bidding war to land No Time to Die for its Apple TV+ streaming platform in what could be one of the biggest streaming deals ever.

First reported by Binged, there are rumors swirling that No Time to Die, the 25th James Bond title starring Daniel Craig, has been offered to streaming platforms for "insane amounts of money".

No Time To Die's box office release was delayed until Easter 2021 as the global pandemic continues to hamper the operation of theaters worldwide. According to Binged, MGM "is under tremendous pressure to sell the film to the highest bidder" with no sign of the current situation coming to an end anytime soon.

A source has separately confirmed to iMore that MGM has indeed offered the film to streaming platforms and that Apple is understood to be a frontrunner in the bidding war, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

As Binged notes, No Time to Die is one of the most highly anticipated Bond films ever, as it's 25th anniversary of the franchise and the fact that this will be Daniel Craig's last outing as the James Bond.

Apple has already signed a deal with No Time to Die's director Cary Fukunaga for the upcoming Apple TV+ show Masters of Air. Fukunaga will direct the shows first three episodes and join the show's production team.

There is no clear indication of how much the deal could be worth, or whether it might include rights to previous Bond films, however, Binged reports that top streamers are "offering monstrous sums of money."
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
There is no clear indication of how much the deal could be worth, or whether it might include rights to previous Bond films, however, Binged reports that top streamers are "offering monstrous sums of money."
Acquiring the broadcast rights to a Bond movie is exactly what Apple TV needs to get eyeballs on their streamer but IMO, they need to substantially beef up their catalog before airing because their offerings are weak, especially when compared to Disney+, Hulu, Amazon and of course, Netflix.

In the end, it's all about a consistent revenue stream for Apple, most of which will come from advertising but a consistent revenue stream, nonetheless.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Serious rumors out there right now that MGM is looking to sell this to Apple TV or Netflix.

I guess they money offers are too good for MGM to pass up?
MGM has been a disaster for decades and they've repeatedly flirted with bankruptcy.

I don't think it would take much of an offer for the Broccoli's to accept a licensing deal with a streamer, probably something like at least half the production costs (approximately $125 million) and a 65/35 revenue split in favor of the streamer until all costs are recouped.

Otherwise, they'll most likely need to sit on the film until at least 2022 and even then, there's no guarantee they'll do anything other than break even at best.

On top of that, they'd need to spend another $100 million in worldwide marketing for a film that by that time, is 4 years old.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:30 PM 10-24-2020
:-)

So, MGM's asking price for Bond was $600 million???!!!!

There's no way Apple or Netflix would pay that kind of money at this point in time.

MGM/Broccoli's are morons.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:16 PM 10-24-2020

So, MGM's asking price for Bond was $600 million???!!!!

There's no way Apple or Netflix would pay that kind of money at this point in time.

MGM/Broccoli's are morons.
Looks that way. From a Variety article.

James Bond Film ‘No Time to Die’ Explored $600 Million Sale

Apple, Netflix and other streaming services explored the possibility of acquiring “No Time to Die,” the upcoming James Bond movie that was originally slated to debut last April. The film’s release has been postponed multiple times, with the Daniel Craig vehicle moving back to November before being pushed into 2021 as the number of coronavirus cases kept growing.

MGM, the studio behind the film, reportedly lost between $30 million to $50 million due to the delays, insiders said. Bloomberg first reported the discussions, which have been the topic du jour in Hollywood this week. Other studios, such as Paramount and Sony, have raked in tens of millions by selling movies like “Greyhound,” “Coming 2 America” and “Without Remorse” to streaming services while the exhibition sector continues to struggle during the pandemic.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:20 PM 10-24-2020
Acquiring the broadcast rights to a Bond movie is exactly what Apple TV needs to get eyeballs on their streamer but IMO, they need to substantially beef up their catalog before airing because their offerings are weak, especially when compared to Disney+, Hulu, Amazon and of course, Netflix.

In the end, it's all about a consistent revenue stream for Apple, most of which will come from advertising but a consistent revenue stream, nonetheless.
I got a new I-phone and they have me a year of Apple TV. Tried to use the app and you can’t just easily broadcast to your TV. I don’t like watching movies and TV shows on a laptop or a phone.

But, I guess if there was something I really wanted to see, I’d figure it out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:00 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I got a new I-phone and they have me a year of Apple TV. Tried to use the app and you can’t just easily broadcast to your TV. I don’t like watching movies and TV shows on a laptop or a phone.

But, I guess if there was something I really wanted to see, I’d figure it out.
There's an Apple TV app for Roku, Samsung, LG and just about every other Smart TV and streaming device.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Looks that way. From a Variety article.
Asking $600 million is literally a joke.

Instead, it appears that this will sit on the shelf until 2022 at the earliest while MGM will need to spend another $50-$100 million worldwide in marketing costs, which is extremely risky considering that there's no guarantee that audiences will return to movie theaters, or if movie theaters will even be open at that time.

The only word that fits this decision by the Broccoli's and MGM is dumb.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:45 PM 10-24-2020
There's an Apple TV app for Roku, Samsung, LG and just about every other Smart TV and streaming device.
yeah, I figured that. Like I said, no motivation. What’s on there I should see?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up