ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 153
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:59 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep, which is actually really cool.

The one character that I’ve always wanted to see onscreen, whether Live Action or animated, is Jorj Car’das, so there’s still hope we might see him someday.
I agree, that's Filoni's influence
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:49 AM 11-21-2020
Spoiler!
Great thoughts.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 07:12 AM 11-21-2020
The Imperial officer at the end was a main character on Z Nation’s final season.

Yeah, that’s right, I still watched Syfy post BSG. :-)
[Reply]
unlurking 09:37 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Imperial officer at the end was a main character on Z Nation’s final season.

Yeah, that’s right, I still watched Syfy post BSG. :-)
lol

I haven't watched the final season, but that show was a guilty pleasure. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
IT'S MANDO NITE IN AMUERICAAE

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:58 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Hanks is great. I feel the same about Julia. She is not worthy of her status. Never understood what the big deal is. She's not pretty but has played a bunch of roles like she is some irresistible bomb shell. Yuck.
Alright, let's not go too far. Prime Julia Roberts was a pretty woman.
[Reply]
notorious 12:52 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
lol

I haven't watched the final season, but that show was a guilty pleasure. :-)
Z Nation is just plain good old-fashioned fun. It never took itself too serious.
[Reply]
srvy 01:58 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Alright, let's not go too far. Prime Julia Roberts was a pretty woman.
A little to mannish for me. It was always like looking at Erich with a wig on.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:37 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
IT'S MANDO NITE IN AMUERICAAE

Kathleen Kennedy and Disney get a lot of shit on here about fucking up the last trilogy. And rightfully so but lest we forget that 90’s trilogy mess was on the founder, Lucas.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Kathleen Kennedy and Disney get a lot of shit on here about fucking up the last trilogy. And rightfully so but lest we forget that 90’s trilogy mess was on the founder, Lucas.
All of the kids under 30 that I've met, especially at Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge, feel like the Prequel Series is their Star Wars, not the OT and especially not the S.T.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:14 PM 11-21-2020
All of the kids under 30 that I've met, especially at Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge, feel like the Prequel Series is their Star Wars, not the OT and especially not the S.T.
ROTS is a cult favorite among Millennials and Gen Z kids
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 AM 11-22-2020
Good lord.
Spoiler!

Oh, and major fucking advancement of the plot.

HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS SO AMAZING

It just boggles my mind every day that they botched the sequel trilogy so bad. Everything else Disney has done is pure sex cake.

I also love the way they're treating the New Republic in this. There is a lot of potential here for Thrawn era movies.

I'm really hoping that in 10 years Favreau is directing the REAL sequel trilogy with CGI Han, Luke and Leia. The technology is going to be there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The prequels have aged incredibly well.

They aren't perfect, but at least they were original, and The Clone Wars cartoon series was amazing.

All of it deserves to be treated canon.

NOTHING Jar Jar Abrams has shat out should ever be.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:57 AM 11-22-2020
I'm still thinking about how good that fucking episode was.

I was laughing, crying and fist pumping hard.

I'm definitely emotionally attached to Mando, the kid, Carl Weathers In Star Wars and Cara Dune now.

When Ashoka shows up I am going to be a mess.

This show is just fucking cool. It's the Han Solo of post ROTJ content.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 AM 11-22-2020
Just a lot of fun shit in this.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 62 of 153
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Up