ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 153
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:24 AM 11-14-2020
It was pretty damn amazing, and I would say the main story is back on track big time.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard directed this one and I though did a fantastic job. The episode was tight, the action was awesome---the whole episode was on point and it is one of the best of the entire series.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:37 AM 11-14-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 AM 11-14-2020
:-)

the fucking ship still being a piece of shit gets me every time

jumping to hyperspace and leaving behind hull plating in it's wake :-)

can't believe the mon cals built the most beautiful capital ships in the galaxy and that was what they did to his ship :-)

also loved the Imperial commander biting his tooth - didn't the nazis have cyanide capsules in fake teeth?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 AM 11-14-2020
they've successfully created tension with baby yoda trying to eat everything in front of him

i was SURE he was going to murder that tiny fish spawn mere minutes after it was born :-)

it was even IN A CONVENIENT BOWL
[Reply]
Fish 02:01 AM 11-14-2020
Yeah, for a split second I was thinking "No fucking way are they going to let him eat a tadpole... Are they??" :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:17 AM 11-14-2020
I liked how Bosch just shows up out of nowhere.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I liked how Bosch just shows up out of nowhere.
I actually laughed out loud when the camera revealed Titus Welliver's face.

The guy is such an excellent actor and he was perfect for that scene. So now, we've seen two actors from Deadwood in The Mandalorian, Welliver and Olyphant, which is pretty cool.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:18 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I actually laughed out loud when the camera revealed Titus Welliver's face.

The guy is such an excellent actor and he was perfect for that scene. So now, we've seen two actors from Deadwood in The Mandalorian, Welliver and Olyphant, which is pretty cool.
”Long live the Empire!l”

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:29 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
”Long live the Empire!l”

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:33 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, for a split second I was thinking "No fucking way are they going to let him eat a tadpole... Are they??" :-)
It appears that this may be a running gag throughout this season and now, I actually think it's a pretty funny.

I have to admit, as horrifying as it was to see him eat those eggs last week, the humor of the situation has mostly pushed that aside after seeing Chapter 11, especially knowing that at least one of their progeny survived.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:49 PM 11-14-2020
Another thing I liked about this episode was a brief exploration of Quarren culture.

I'm fairly certain on Mon Cal they're very civil and live in harmony with the Calamari, but on THIS particular backwater planet...

Man, they're a bunch of fucking assholes!!! :-)

They did a nice job of pulling off the prosthetics + CGI on those actors playing Quarren...meanwhile there was something "off" about the Mon Cal headpieces. The eyes looked cheap.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:57 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just finished rewatching Chapter 11.

I think it was the finest 33 minutes of Star Wars since Return of the Jedi.
I don’t know if the best? The last 33 minutes of Rogue One was my favorite. But...... this is my kind of “Star Wars”. Fantastic episode. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:03 PM 11-14-2020
Not buying it

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 12:39 AM 11-15-2020
Off the top of my head it seems like Baby Yoda has a real preference for eating living things, especially if they are moving around at least a little bit. Sort of like a cat. Makes me wonder if he is subsisting on not just the living tissue but the force present in all living things. I don't know. Just throwing it out there.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 153
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up