ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 173
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
srvy 08:55 AM 04-22-2015
Ed I wouldn't worry about it they will understand. If it makes you feel better give the FA a heads up. I had a Doc tell me once that itchy bottom feet and palms of hand can be a sign of an allergic reaction. I know this is a personal deal and dont take wrong but if your symptoms continue and it bothers you maybe check into the adult diapers for the flight.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:50 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ed I wouldn't worry about it they will understand. If it makes you feel better give the FA a heads up. I had a Doc tell me once that itchy bottom feet and palms of hand can be a sign of an allergic reaction. I know this is a personal deal and dont take wrong but if your symptoms continue and it bothers you maybe check into the adult diapers for the flight.
The itchy skin I something I get every year as winter drags on and once the humidity comes back, I am fine. If the adult diapers have a gateway to hell where I could send that stuff back from where it came, I'd do it! But, I am thinking that I will just be fine for my flights instead. I deserve a break!
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:36 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
The itchy skin I something I get every year as winter drags on and once the humidity comes back, I am fine. If the adult diapers have a gateway to hell where I could send that stuff back from where it came, I'd do it! But, I am thinking that I will just be fine for my flights instead. I deserve a break!
Have a great time. Enjoy every moment. Soak it in!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:16 AM 04-23-2015
Hey, guys, don't tell my doctor, but I used the chainsaw today. I had to saw up branches to burn, some huge logs that didn't get cut through but need splitting into 4 or 5 pieces, and a few that I could cut into fireplace size. I didn't get hurt, either! I am worn out and sweating profusely, but it feels good to break a sweat and do my work for a change. Black cherry lemonade is making me feel great right now. Mmmmm. I am glad I got all the brush burned before my trip, too.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:58 PM 04-23-2015
Hey, guys, don't tell my doctor, but I used the chainsaw today. I had to saw up branches to burn, some huge logs that didn't get cut through but need splitting into 4 or 5 pieces, and a few that I could cut into fireplace size. I didn't get hurt, either! I am worn out and sweating profusely, but it feels good to break a sweat and do my work for a change. Black cherry lemonade is making me feel great right now. Mmmmm. I am glad I got all the brush burned before my trip, too.
That's good, man! You can't rest all the time. I'd go nuts having to "take it easy" all the time. Do your thing!
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 06:01 PM 04-23-2015
I'm on the phone with him right now Ed, he's not happy
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:07 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
:-)
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 11:37 PM 04-23-2015
Re: bicycles in Denmark - more than you may want to know: http://www.copenhagenize.com/

Likewise Amsterdam:
http://amsterdamize.com/
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:45 PM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
HAH! My doctor is a she not a he, so I know you're funning me! :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:46 PM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Re: bicycles in Denmark - more than you may want to know: http://www.copenhagenize.com/

Likewise Amsterdam:
http://amsterdamize.com/
There are bikes for rent in the beach town I will be staying in. You don't pay, per se, but put a coin in the slot which releases the lock, and take the coin back when you return the bike. I like that they often have bicycle paths running along the roads, but a safe distance from traffic. It's a very bike friendly country, Denmark is.
[Reply]
srvy 10:09 PM 04-24-2015
Just don't decide to take up a hobby of juggling daggers on them thinners ok.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:32 PM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by srvy:
Just don't decide to take up a hobby of juggling daggers on them thinners ok.
Now there is some good advice!
[Reply]
Over-Head 01:34 PM 04-25-2015
Awesome to hear the good news.
Keep fighting :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:29 PM 04-25-2015
Thanks, guys! I woke up at 2 am after sleeping roughly four hours, but not due to colonic chaos. My skin itches on my feet and legs. I currently have no pain or pressure in my guts. Maybe it was the Immodium or maybe after 10 times going, it was just gone from my system. I will still take the Immodium along to be safe. Maybe a pair of clean drawers in my carry on are in order, too! I hope my next treatment is easier on me than this last one has been.
Like others probably mentioned just go to the counter as soon as you get to the gate and wait for someone to ask if you can be seated on the aisle near the bathroom...

Best of luck man, prayers headed your way
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:33 AM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Like others probably mentioned just go to the counter as soon as you get to the gate and wait for someone to ask if you can be seated on the aisle near the bathroom...

Best of luck man, prayers headed your way
I made sure I am near the crapper when I used the choose seats option. For an 8 hour flight, which usually gets 15 to 20 minutes shaved off due to tail winds, I need to be close to the can!
[Reply]
Page 18 of 173
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up