ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 63
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:26 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I get that you're scrutinizing Alex. My question is why is he the sole subject of criticism? Is everything else 'fine?' Is everything else 'going to improve' but him? Is QB play at this point the only thing anyone gives a shit about anymore? [again, I point out the pro bowl QB skills challenge, for those so inclined]
What would be the point of that in this thread??

This thread is not a thread that has been derailed by Alex talk..This is an Alex thread.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:33 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
What would be the point of that in this thread??

This thread is not a thread that has been derailed by Alex talk..This is an Alex thread.
No, it's a zombie thread that had to be excised from the Hunt thread because the Hunt thread turned into another of a million Alex threads.

Because Alex or not Alex is the only thing that has ever mattered in the history of the NFL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:34 PM 05-14-2017
God it would just be the worst thing EVER if we went 7-9 while developing a 2nd year QB.

I mean god damn, missing out on a first round playoff exit would just be DEVASTATING while thinking of all the dividends that year of experience would pay for Mahomes' future.

GOD DAMN I WOULD JUST SLIT MY WRISTS IF WE WENT 7-9 OR GOD FORBID 6-10 AUUUUUUUGH THE HUMANITY WHEN WE COULD CELEBRATE THAT TOKEN PLAYOFF APPEARANCE ALL OFFSEASON

AUUUUUUGH
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:37 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
God it would just be the worst thing EVER if we went 7-9 while developing a 2nd year QB.

I mean god damn, missing out on a first round playoff exit would just be DEVASTATING while thinking of all the dividends that year of experience would pay for Mahomes' future.

GOD DAMN I WOULD JUST SLIT MY WRISTS IF WE WENT 7-9 OR GOD FORBID 6-10 AUUUUUUUGH THE HUMANITY WHEN WE COULD CELEBRATE THAT TOKEN PLAYOFF APPEARANCE ALL OFFSEASON

AUUUUUUGH
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:39 PM 05-14-2017
Threedouchebags would lock himself in the garage and get his carbon monoxide groove on if the Chiefs were to miss the playoffs, all the while cursing those "damned Alex haters" for taking his AFCW bragging rights from him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:43 PM 05-14-2017
To answer Baby Lee's asinine question:

Alex does not live up to the rest of the roster talent-wise and overall. The QB position in Reid's offense requires a level of execution, vision, and testicles that Smith simply does not possess.
This isn't some grand mystery for fuck's sake.
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:43 PM 05-14-2017
No, it's a zombie thread that had to be excised from the Hunt thread because the Hunt thread turned into another of a million Alex threads.

Because Alex or not Alex is the only thing that has ever mattered in the history of the NFL.
Hh ha!

Well, I did not know that..

Carry on...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:52 PM 05-14-2017
Can we add Alex Gordon to this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:52 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
To answer Baby Lee's asinine question:

Alex does not live up to the rest of the roster talent-wise and overall. The QB position in Reid's offense requires a level of execution, vision, and testicles that Smith simply does not possess.
This isn't some grand mystery for ****'s sake.
This is what I think every time someone asks others to explain why everything comes back Smith and what Smith is doing so wrong.

I just think....Jesus...Do you not watch the games??

He's a complete, sack-less pussy. He hold the offense back. Without question.

For all you people who say is it as much the offense and Andy, don't you think if Alex was running the offense correctly they wouldn't have aggressively went after a guy who is his polar opposite?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:03 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
This is what I think every time someone asks others to explain why everything comes back Smith and what Smith is doing so wrong.

I just think....Jesus...Do you not watch the games??

He's a complete, sack-less pussy. He hold the offense back. Without question.

For all you people who say is it as much the offense and Andy, don't you think if Alex was running the offense correctly they wouldn't have aggressively went after a guy who is his polar opposite?
Look, they tried to fix damaged goods and just didn't take. Alex can not fault the Chiefs organization even one bit. They bent over backwards for him and gave him everything he needed to succeed. Period.
He's not a next-level player.
You have to ask yourself, "could the top 8 QB's in this league make chicken salad with Andy Reid and the current Chiefs roster"?
Of course they could.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:20 PM 05-14-2017
I get that you're scrutinizing Alex. My question is why is he the sole subject of criticism? Is everything else 'fine?' Is everything else 'going to improve' but him? Is QB play at this point the only thing anyone gives a shit about anymore? [again, I point out the pro bowl QB skills challenge, for those so inclined]
He's the sole subject of criticism because he's the most important position and can never become more than he is, which is not good enough. The other 21 positions for any given football team are constantly in flux. Old guys decline, new guys come up, young guys impress, and superstars stay great for a few years.

So you have one mediocre known who plays the most important position on the field. And the other 21 spots that are going to be constantly shifting and changing. Some years will be better than others. Some years will be luckier than others.

But Alex for 4 years has not been playing with utter crap. The other 21 spots, even in injury-riddled years, have been overall AT LEAST fairly decent if you average everything out.

With Alex the game becomes all about making the other 21 spots outstanding so that you can take his dependable-yet-pedestrian play to the postseason and hopefully grind it out against the best teams, never able to deliver knockout punches and always hoping the other team makes enough mistakes for you to just barely play better than them.

That's why people were claiming Alex to be the #1 thing that had to be fixed/replaced for so long even though we were winning, and why they rejected the idea that we should use the 2017 draft to stock up on ILBs, CBs, and RBs. It's easier to be in a position to win those tough playoff games from year to year when you've got a better QB and the other 21 spots, while still pretty good, aren't as good as they are in any other given year. Maybe we run into some bad luck with injuries again. A better QB can still win those playoff games. Alex over 4 years has shown us that he can not.

So that's why he gets the blame so often, and that's why that gif gets reposted over and over again. I'm sorry it upsets you that we're always reaming Alex and not our 3rd string ILB who couldn't stop LeVeon Bell, but you need to realize that 3rd stringer is irrelevant and far easier to upgrade throughout the course of a season or from year to year. The 3rd stringer wasn't brought in to win the Pittsburgh game, and is not due to make $17 million next year. Alex is due that amount, and if he would play better, it wouldn't be as big of a deal that we had a 3rd string ILB on the field due because of injury.

That's why people don't give a shit about the running game or the defense. It's been dependable, even through injuries to all of its best players at some point (Houston, Berry, DJ, Hali, both DEs). It will continue to be dependable, because John Dorsey knows how to draft and dumpster dive as well as any GM in football. If we get lucky enough and all the clocks strike at the same time, when we field insane incredible defense and Alex is our QB, we can maybe reach the AFC Championship game. When we field an insane incredible defense and if Mahomes ends up being significantly better than Alex, we're winning a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:30 PM 05-14-2017
SNR pretty well hit the whole thing right on the head.

With Alex, come time to play the big boys, the true contenders.... it has to be 'sunny and 75' so to speak. Everything has to be hitting on all cylinders. Great defense. Good run game. Solid special teams. There is NO room for error when it comes time to play the New England's and Pittsburgh's of the NFL.

It is just the nature of the position he plays. The better your QB is, the more room for error in all of the other spots. So when you are like the Chiefs last year (and really any other year), by the time the playoffs roll around and the injuries have piled up, its too late. You are toast, because Alex Smith can't put the team on his back for the stretch run. Some of it because of skill, a lot of it because of his playing style.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:56 PM 05-14-2017
I actually agree with a lot of what is being said in here lately.

The problem I am having is accepting that almost all (or all) QBs need some help to get through the best of games. I mean... Big Ben had a run game that was crazy effective.. and he didn't exactly shine. Smith has not had a good run game this season, and in the playoff game. He was the QB that had key guys dropping the ball on key plays.. and OL causing drive-killing + score-killing penalties.

I get it... but at least say it. With the key injuries and screw-ups from other players... the Chiefs have needed an elite QB to carry them further.. and they didn't have one. It's really as simple as that.

It's still every bit as fascinating as it was from day 1. People accurately depict Smith as anywhere from lousy to average to good but not good enough.. yet somehow expect him to be elite to mask all of the other screwups. This to me is completely, utterly, fascinating logic.

... but maybe Mahomes will pay off and give you that mystical, magical QB that will carry the brokedick, penalty ridden, poor running, top 5 drop % offense. Maybe so.

We will find out soon enough.. and I welcome that.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:59 PM 05-14-2017
... and people are still ignoring any discussion about the actual drives in that game.. and why they failed. That's telling.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:01 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Look, they tried to fix damaged goods and just didn't take. Alex can not fault the Chiefs organization even one bit. They bent over backwards for him and gave him everything he needed to succeed. Period.
He's not a next-level player.
You have to ask yourself, "could the top 8 QB's in this league make chicken salad with Andy Reid and the current Chiefs roster"?
Of course they could.
I actually think Alex was an excellent choice to get this organization back on track but team has now grown him and his usefulness.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 63
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up