ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 152
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
Rain Man 07:17 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm sure they're happy that they didn't retain Rich Bisaccia. He took them to 10 wins and a playoff appearance. Who needs that?
I wonder how common it is for a coach with a winning record to be fired. I remember it happened with Marty at the chargers. But it's got to be pretty rare.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:22 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Gruden and now Josh? Davis is dufuss. Common denominator is Carr.
The common denominator is the raiders.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:35 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder how common it is for a coach with a winning record to be fired. I remember it happened with Marty at the chargers. But it's got to be pretty rare.
I badly wanted us to retain Rich. Then I drank the Josh kool-aid, and regret it.

Sunday's team was completely unprepared and the game plan was horrifically bad.

Saints had allowed like 126 yards a game rushing, and we ran the ball 10 times. It isn't like Jacobs wasn't getting yards on those rushes either, he had 40+ yards on those 10 attempts.

McDaniels pisses me off with his outsmarting himself bullcrap.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:41 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I badly wanted us to retain Rich. Then I drank the Josh kool-aid, and regret it.

Sunday's team was completely unprepared and the game plan was horrifically bad.

Saints had allowed like 126 yards a game rushing, and we ran the ball 10 times. It isn't like Jacobs wasn't getting yards on those rushes either, he had 40+ yards on those 10 attempts.

McDaniels pisses me off with his outsmarting himself bullcrap.
Yeah, we learned the hard way about the patriot way bullshit. Thing is, josh already proved himself to be incompetent as a hc, so it baffles me why davis hired him. Don't get me wrong, I love it when the faid suck, but it's still a head scratcher.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:19 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yeah, we learned the hard way about the patriot way bullshit. Thing is, josh already proved himself to be incompetent as a hc, so it baffles me why davis hired him. Don't get me wrong, I love it when the faid suck, but it's still a head scratcher.
Yeah, I can't figure out how McDaniels keeps getting hired. I know belichick likes him, so I guess that's why he hired him back even after the filming scandal in Denver.

I guess I can understand why Denver hired him, since at that time everyone who was involved with patriots was getting hired around the league. Half the teams in the league, including us, fell victim to that scam.

But the Raiders? Is there anyone besides Mark Davis who didn't see what Josh McDaniels was by the time 2021 rolled around?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:48 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I can't figure out how McDaniels keeps getting hired. I know belichick likes him, so I guess that's why he hired him back even after the filming scandal in Denver.

I guess I can understand why Denver hired him, since at that time everyone who was involved with patriots was getting hired around the league. Half the teams in the league, including us, fell victim to that scam.

But the Raiders? Is there anyone besides Mark Davis who didn't see what Josh McDaniels was by the time 2021 rolled around?
Media at large swore McDaniels was THE guy every team wanted to hire, but he supposedly hand chose the Raiders.

FML.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:53 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Oh, man. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one..
I just saw this report:

"Those outside of the office heard loud screaming from the Raider's owner. They reported he was screaming "JUST SCORE, BABY!", over and over...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:24 AM 10-31-2022
Mark doesn't know how to fix this.

I like the guy. He is basically a fan who owns the team. Which is cool. But it is clear he had no plan ever except for when he was finally able to obtain his dream coach in Gruden. Which was doing alright before the emails were released.

It is what it is. Raiders fans can blame Carr solely for everything and think some mythical young QB will overcome the 19 straight years of lousy defense, poorly run front office, terrible drafting, and brain dead coaching. Even though history and data will show that no teams consistently win with those negative factors.

It starts at the top. Like any organization.
[Reply]
In58men 09:26 AM 10-31-2022
Just keep firing the coaches and leave the quarterbacking to Carr.

Seems to be working all these years.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 10-31-2022
So Raiders gotta try and move Jacobs via trade now right?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:39 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Just keep firing the coaches and leave the quarterbacking to Carr.

Seems to be working all these years.
Dennis Allen was garbage.

JDR got canned because Gruden wanted to come back. Mark even told JDR when he hired him once Gruden wants the job you are gone. Gruden was Mark's dream Coach. Still is.

Carr was playing great under Gruden before the emails were released and Ruggs decided to go full GTA.

Bisaccia probably would have stayed if KC didn't destroy him twice. 41-14 and 48-9 against the top team in the division certainly sunk him.

McDaniels is bipolar so far. Some games the offense has looked great. Other games feels like the Bed and Breakfast offense.

I do think if this year really falls.apart, Carr will be gone or he will request a trade. The franchise has failed him like Detroit failed. Or he will retire to the ministry.

Carr isn't some top 5 QB but he is good enough to win games. As much as some Raiders fans don't want to admit it, you are never going anywhere consistently if the defense can't be ranked better than top 20. And since 2003, it has been below average in scoring defense.

And Gruden/Mayock's drafting was the worst in the league by a large margin when they were there.

Poorly run franchises don't consistently win.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:44 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

JDR got canned because Gruden wanted to come back. Mark even told JDR when he hired him once Gruden wants the job you are gone. Gruden was Mark's dream Coach. Still is.

Carr was playing great under Gruden before the emails were released and Ruggs decided to go full GTA.

Bisaccia probably would have stayed if KC didn't destroy him twice. 41-14 and 48-9 against the top team in the division certainly sunk him.

McDaniels is bipolar so far. Some games the offense has looked great. Other games feels like the Bed and Breakfast offense.

I do think if this year really falls.apart, Carr will be gone or he will request a trade. The franchise has failed him like Detroit failed. Or he will retire to the ministry.

Carr isn't some top 5 QB but he is good enough to win games. As much as some Raiders fans don't want to admit it, you are never going anywhere consistently if the defense can't be ranked better than top 20. And since 2003, it has been below average in scoring defense.

And Gruden/Mayock's drafting was the worst in the league by a large margin when they were there.

I obviously don't follow him as closely as you do but that seems like an extremely low possibility. He is incredibly loyal and he's so damn positive all the time. No matter what is going on around him I don't think he will ever make those kind of waves.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:59 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I obviously don't follow him as closely as you do but that seems like an extremely low possibility. He is incredibly loyal and he's so damn positive all the time. No matter what is going on around him I don't think he will ever make those kind of waves.
Normally, I wouldn't consider the possibility but Adams changes the dynamic. Carr has the patience of a saint but having a rough year with his best buddy could sour him. I don't know. It is frustrating all around.

But time will tell.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:09 AM 10-31-2022
Carr has said he wants to retire a Raider. I don't see him requesting a trade, though I am curious if he would indeed retire if the Raiders made it clear they are moving on from him. Or if he would accept a paycheck from like Indy to play for them.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:16 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

The Raiders brought in talent on offense for Carr so it’s hard to say they failed him. You can’t predict the Riggs situation, but he was electric. Waller is a very good TE. Jacobs is a good RB now that he is playing with his head on right. They paid a pretty penny for Adams and even traded for AB (before he went insane). They have offensive talent, just Carr is limited. He is your Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 152
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Up