ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 365 of 386
« First < 265315355361362363364365 366367368369375 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Frazod 05:52 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
For as much as Tyrion hated Cersei.....he still loved her as a sister. Hence why he helped Jaime escape so that he could get Cersei out and they could sail to Essos.
Yeah, I know. And of course, had they escaped, she would have probably spent the last of her gold to hire an assassin in Essos to kill him as a thank you, because Cersei's gonna Cersei.

Again, the Queen's Hand shouldn't be susceptible to foolish sentimental emotions.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:03 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not really. As Don Corleone might say, he's not a wartime hand. Had they immediately marched on Kings Landing when they arrived in Westeros, they would have taken the Lannisters out right then and there, without an insane queen, dead dragons and decimated followers and allies. Then Dany could have dealt with the rest of Westeros from a position of strength, and eventually even the Starks would have bent the knee to keep from getting barbequed. And would the Night King have been able to breach the wall without the dragon in the first place? While Dany taking her dragons north of the wall wasn't Tyrion's idea, the whole bring-a-wraith-to-Cersei bit was. He should have known she wouldn't give a fuck. For that matter, he should have known never to trust her at all. How many times did that bitch try to have him killed? Christ, what a moron.
Eh well he was trying to execute her wishes. She didn’t want to be the queen of ashes (until she got shell shock from the horrors of war) and rolling up on KL, you know Cersei would have made her torch the joint to get her out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05-20-2019, 06:07 PM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445.
Frazod 06:28 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh well he was trying to execute her wishes. She didn’t want to be the queen of ashes (until she got shell shock from the horrors of war) and rolling up on KL, you know Cersei would have made her torch the joint to get her out.
Night attack with three dragons on the red keep. Tyrion would have certainly known where she’d be.

Immediately cut the head off the snake. Because that’s the kind of shit you can do when you have the only air force.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:30 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jon's always been a bit of a doofus, to be fair.

I don't have a problem with where he ended up at all. I'm simply of the mind that how he got there was insufficient and even WITH him being a doofus, there were ways more in-line with his character to get there.
In looking at the thing in totality, if he was 14 when he went to the wall, he’s 21 now. In his teenage years, he was:

1. Verbally and physically abused.
2. Had to keep his vows while his family falls apart.
3. Had to murder a mentor.
4. Was tasked as a spy where he had to betray his loyalty and his vows. Always while being distrusted by well everybody. (The most psychologically difficult thing about being a spy)
5. Failed his task, took arrows from his true love.
6. Came back to a revolt
7. Had to kill brothers to put down the revolt.
8. Had to pretty much solely defend his entire undermanned regiment singlehandedly.
9. Watched his true love die.
10. Had to become lord commander at what? 17? All while being distrusted and hated.
11. Had to lop a dudes head off.
12. Had to manage what amounts to a kingdom with 0 resources.
13. Gets fisted at Hardhomme and barely makes it out against a supernatural opponent
14. Gets shanked in a revolt against him.
15. Has to kill more sworn brothers including a fucking kid to put down the revolt.
16. Tasked with signlehandedly winning his sisters castle back.
17. Giant paradigm changing battle that he barely made it out of.
18. Tasked with ruling a kingdom. Woefully outmatched against a supernatural opponent that previously fisted him.
19. Miraculously mounts a reasonable defense and almost does anyway.
20. Tasked with overthrowing his true love after being scarred by fucking his aunt.
21. Has to kill his ex-love current aunt because she’s killing fucking everybody.

How on earth does someone do all that and NOT say “Fuck this. I’m out.” I mean, expecting a dude to rule after all that is a stretch. FFS Hitler endured far less in WWI and still wanted to rule.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 PM 05-20-2019
Well, Rich Eisen and Joe Mangianello ruined the whole damn thing for me today at work, but what’s worse is that I hardly even cared

The Starbucks cup
Jaime Lannister’s hand
A water bottle at Khaleesis feet

They just seemed to want this season to be over, and who cares if it makes any sense... still gonna rent it, but yeah this show met an incredibly ignominious end

They gave the fans their own Red Wedding
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:37 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Night attack with three dragons on the red keep. Tyrion would have certainly known where she’d be.

Immediately cut the head off the snake. Because that’s the kind of shit you can do when you have the only air force.
I don’t disagree.

But to be fair he’s seen how devastating defenses can be at night. Cersei isn’t winning, but there is risk at night.

But you’re right, his tactics were fairly abysmal.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:38 PM 05-20-2019
Entire time I was hoping the mark the NK left on Bran would come into play. Some kind of bat shit crazy twist where Bran is a walker and the last shot you'd see in the finale is Bran's eyes turning blue. That would explain why he was so worried about Drogon etc.

Oh well.
[Reply]
Setsuna 06:43 PM 05-20-2019
In looking at the thing in totality, if he was 14 when he went to the wall, he’s 21 now. In his teenage years, he was:

1. Verbally and physically abused.
2. Had to keep his vows while his family falls apart.
3. Had to murder a mentor.
4. Was tasked as a spy where he had to betray his loyalty and his vows. Always while being distrusted by well everybody. (The most psychologically difficult thing about being a spy)
5. Failed his task, took arrows from his true love.
6. Came back to a revolt
7. Had to kill brothers to put down the revolt.
8. Had to pretty much solely defend his entire undermanned regiment singlehandedly.
9. Watched his true love die.
10. Had to become lord commander at what? 17? All while being distrusted and hated.
11. Had to lop a dudes head off.
12. Had to manage what amounts to a kingdom with 0 resources.
13. Gets fisted at Hardhomme and barely makes it out against a supernatural opponent
14. Gets shanked in a revolt against him.
15. Has to kill more sworn brothers including a ****ing kid to put down the revolt.
16. Tasked with signlehandedly winning his sisters castle back.
17. Giant paradigm changing battle that he barely made it out of.
18. Tasked with ruling a kingdom. Woefully outmatched against a supernatural opponent that previously fisted him.
19. Miraculously mounts a reasonable defense and almost does anyway.
20. Tasked with overthrowing his true love after being scarred by ****ing his aunt.
21. Has to kill his ex-love current aunt because she’s killing ****ing everybody.

How on earth does someone do all that and NOT say “**** this. I’m out.” I mean, expecting a dude to rule after all that is a stretch. FFS Hitler endured far less in WWI and still wanted to rule.
Meh. He made all his choices himself. Just like Eddard made all his choices. Dany endured much worse. She was supposed to be 13 at the start. She turned out well considering tbh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:47 PM 05-20-2019
Then I’d have to read about how terrible the show is because it’s too obvious.

And it should be pointed out that no one fails upward like Jon motherfucking Snow.

Fails at his mission to kill Mance. Almost loses Castle Black to the Wildlings without major help From stannis. Becomes Lord Commander

Gets crushed at Hardhomme fails in his mission to get a wildlings army. Gets shanked. Becomes the leader of House Stark.

Colossal tactical error in the Battle of the Bastards to be bailed out by Sansa. Becomes King in the North.

All but loses the Battle of Winterfell to be bailed out by Arya (remember how pissed Joer Mormont was when he lost his sword? How pissed would he be when he lost his dragon?) Everyone wants him to be king of Westeros.

DUDE.
NO JON SNOW SLANDER WILL BE TOLERATED.

But seriously though. I'm not going to fault him for the majority of that.

Mance was charming and clearly a good dude. Assuming he wasn't, assassinating the dude in the willing camp would have gotten Jon butchered immediately.

The wildlings nearly took Castle Black because it was 100,000 of them vs 100 men of the Night's Watch.

Hardhome was a similar story. It was a few thousand bickering wildlings vs the entire undead army.

The Battle of the Bastards was Sansa's fault. Jon was working with what he had because she was being a cunt withholding information.

The Battle of Winterfell was more Daenerys abandoning the gameplan in the 1st quarter.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:33 PM 05-20-2019
Is it weird that I view Cercei as a more sympathetic character than Sansa? I mean at least she cared about SOMETHING other than her own power. (Her children)

The North is ****ed. The most disappointing thing about the show, to me, is that she made it through. Most of the other awful people died.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:48 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Meh. He made all his choices himself. Just like Eddard made all his choices. Dany endured much worse. She was supposed to be 13 at the start. She turned out well considering tbh.
She kind of went all fucking Hitler-ish, dawg. She had to endure a lot, but a lot happened to her. And thusly why it was understandable that she went off the reservation.

Jon had to do the doing of all that horrible shit, though. He didn't just watch his loved ones die, he had to do some of the killing. And while Dany's external stress of leading in Essos was of people she had conquered, Jon's was his people.

I'd argue Jon had it worse. And Dany still went off the reservation. It would be reasonable for Jon to want to get away as a method of dealing with all the shit. If he was forced into more leadership, it is difficult for me to believe he could have kept his psychological composure.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
NO JON SNOW SLANDER WILL BE TOLERATED.

But seriously though. I'm not going to fault him for the majority of that.

Mance was charming and clearly a good dude. Assuming he wasn't, assassinating the dude in the willing camp would have gotten Jon butchered immediately.

The wildlings nearly took Castle Black because it was 100,000 of them vs 100 men of the Night's Watch.

Hardhome was a similar story. It was a few thousand bickering wildlings vs the entire undead army.

The Battle of the Bastards was Sansa's fault. Jon was working with what he had because she was being a cunt withholding information.

The Battle of Winterfell was more Daenerys abandoning the gameplan in the 1st quarter.
That narrrative is fairly tongue in cheek. But if they would have put him on the throne, you'd bet you'd be hearing about it.

Jon's storyline was by far the most compelling.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:55 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Is it weird that I view Cercei as a more sympathetic character than Sansa? I mean at least she cared about SOMETHING other than her own power. (Her children)

The North is ****ed. The most disappointing thing about the show, to me, is that she made it through. Most of the other awful people died.
Sansa actually cares about the people she rules.

Maybe it is just because Sophie Turner is a dime piece and it's what pretty girls do to guys like me, but I believed she would be a good ruler. They laid a lot of groundwork for it prior to the battle of Winterfell. And if she'd bent the knee, even to a Stark, she'd have probably had a revolt on her hands.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:57 PM 05-20-2019
I must say, that scene with Drogon after Jon ganks her is damned powerful television. I don't know what the CGI folks got paid, but it wasn't enough.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:09 PM 05-20-2019
She kind of went all ****ing Hitler-ish, dawg. She had to endure a lot, but a lot happened to her. And thusly why it was understandable that she went off the reservation.

Jon had to do the doing of all that horrible shit, though. He didn't just watch his loved ones die, he had to do some of the killing. And while Dany's external stress of leading in Essos was of people she had conquered, Jon's was his people.

I'd argue Jon had it worse. And Dany still went off the reservation. It would be reasonable for Jon to want to get away as a method of dealing with all the shit. If he was forced into more leadership, it is difficult for me to believe he could have kept his psychological composure.

I mean...imagine from the age of 13, being in constant fear of being raped because you had a vagina and because you were a foreigner with no power. She had to basically at every turn show no weakness for fear of being taken for a ride by the people around her...literally. Jon had no such fears. His fear was death. Dany's fear was being a sex slave for the rest of her life. Who had it worse here?
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:16 PM 05-20-2019
I'm choosing to believe that the 3ER is an evil entity looking to control mankind, and inhabited Bran to take over Westeros.

That way, some of this stuff can make sense.
[Reply]
Page 365 of 386
« First < 265315355361362363364365 366367368369375 > Last »
Up