ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 330 of 2690
« First < 230280320326327328329330 3313323333343403804308301330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:42 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I am all for Alex balling out this year and competing for a title. It would be great. It would make the last 4 years of crap worth it. Would just be ridiculous that he had this next level in him the whole time and it took being scared to lose his job to bring it out of him.

Sorry if I like competitors.
I love that, let's just be honest. No one who isn't a "competitor" makes it to the NFL. Some people get paid and lose that desire but Alex has played the same way for a decade.
[Reply]
DaWolf 01:00 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by DaWolf:

Huh. Didn't realize that was Mike Vick, coaching intern, in the background holding the footballs...
[Reply]
dls6501 01:14 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
So if he balls out you are not going to like him as a person but he plays like he has the past four years you won't like him either?

Well I am sure he is heartbroken but lets just hope he plays well.
I dont like him period. I dont think he is a good QB.

That doesnt mean I wont continue to root for him and hope we go as far as humanly possible with him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:47 PM 07-25-2017
I am all for Alex balling out this year and competing for a title. It would be great. It would make the last 4 years of crap worth it. Would just be ridiculous that he had this next level in him the whole time and it took being scared to lose his job to bring it out of him.

Sorry if I like competitors.
Frank's still butthurt about the Cassel mental failure
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 02:01 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
The pieces of the puzzle are finally there for him. The OL is the best he's had and Tyreek will be catching 20 yard bombs. BUT the main factor is he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because of Mahomes. I seriously doubt he's going to let Kapernack #2 take his job without a fight.
Agreed. This offense demands a good run/pass balance and all the pieces are now in place. You take away one major aspect (last year the running game was horrid in the red zone) and things will naturally fall apart.

The same goes for any other team. Look at the Pats offense before they acquired Blount for his red zone proficiency (Dude put up 18 TD's last year!) , they were FAR from stellar.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:27 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
(last year the running game was horrid in the red zone)
Why is it that if one portion of the team is bad (in this case RZ run game), you have no problem bitching and moaning about it.

But when our passing game is pathetic in the RZ, you make every excuse in the book for our QB?

We all would really like to know.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 07-25-2017

We all would really like to know.
I Disagree.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:42 PM 07-25-2017
Hahaha fair.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:45 PM 07-25-2017
I dont like him period. I dont think he is a good QB.

That doesnt mean I wont continue to root for him and hope we go as far as humanly possible with him.
You do that. In the interim, I'll root for Mahomes to tear his head off.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:48 PM 07-25-2017
Mike Welch from his live report today at camp on 610: "Patrick Mahomes, apparently he just looks like that hard worker out here. Watching him-- he looks even better than at OTAs. It looks like he found a way to progress here even on his six weeks off, and for a rookie QB, you know, a guy who isn't really use to the grind of the NFL and all the time that has to be put in-- to see him progress that quickly is really exciting for everybody."

[Reply]
New World Order 05:51 PM 07-25-2017
We hear the same thing about Smith every year from his supporters:

'Expect him to really air it out this year'

'He could really ball out this season'

'He has all of the pieces in place now; can't wait to watch what he does this year!'

And we always get the same mediocre passing results.

Every. Single. Year.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:52 PM 07-25-2017
On Pace for best QBR ever!!!!
[Reply]
Bewbies 05:57 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mike Welch from his live report today at camp on 610: "Patrick Mahomes, apparently he just looks like that hard worker out here. Watching him-- he looks even better than at OTAs. It looks like he found a way to progress here even on his six weeks off, and for a rookie QB, you know, a guy who isn't really use to the grind of the NFL and all the time that has to be put in-- to see him progress that quickly is really exciting for everybody."
sorry for the delay in response, passed out from loss of blood to the head.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:16 PM 07-25-2017
If Alex puts together the best year of his career because he has a rookie waiting in the wings, I think that actually says a lot about his character as a player.

Playoff games and competing for a title arent enough motivation to elevate your game? Its being scared of losing your job?

That would mean Alex had another gear in him all along, but he was too scared to bring it out.
I'm sure Alex appreciates you predetermining his motivations and the potential of every situational permutation to his detriment.

Every success, every failure, every sentence, word, and syllable, you have a reason to hate and blame. Yet, you're also there to 'revel' in the good parts as well. Go you!!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:33 PM 07-25-2017
If Alex puts together the best year of his career because he has a rookie waiting in the wings, I think that actually says a lot about his character as a player.

Playoff games and competing for a title arent enough motivation to elevate your game? Its being scared of losing your job?

That would mean Alex had another gear in him all along, but he was too scared to bring it out.
Players are extra motivated in contract years. Did you notice what Justin Houston did there. Or Alex Gordon and now moose.
[Reply]
Page 330 of 2690
« First < 230280320326327328329330 3313323333343403804308301330 > Last »
Up