ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Did you ever hit something while learning to drive?
Yes, another car 6 6.45%
Yes, a tree or sign or traffic light 1 1.08%
Yes, a house 3 3.23%
Yes, a person 2 2.15%
Yes, something else 6 6.45%
No 75 80.65%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Hall of Classics>When learning to drive....
Bearcat 04:10 PM 06-20-2003
... did you ever hit anything?

:-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:19 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Slayer Diablo

I made a turn that was a little too wide and ended up in the left lane. When I was getting back into the left lane, I turned the wheel too much and got on the sidewalk. While attempting to hit the break, my leg was pushing on the wheel and caused me to turn right and into the house. Other than the side-view mirror, the only damage is under the right headlight....some dents, scrapes, and two small holes where the brick punctured the metal. :-) :-) :-)

Gotta give you credit, at least you showed up to face the music.:-)

So, is this little incident big enough for you to get demoted back to the parking lot - or will it bust you all the way back down to a Huffy?
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:20 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Hydrae
Something to assist with the police report:

:-) :-)
[Reply]
chief52 05:21 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by PastorMikH

Gotta give you credit, at least you showed up to face the music.:-)

So, is this little incident big enough for you to get demoted back to the parking lot - or will it bust you all the way back down to a Huffy?
:-) :-) :-)

I think he may have topped out on the Huffy...:-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:30 PM 06-20-2003
So Slayer, you wouldn't have been lucky enough for this to have been your house would you? It be bad if you ran into a complete stranger's house. Shoot it'd be even worse if you ran into a niegbor's house and had to endure all the niegbors pointing, laughing and installing concrete retaining walls to protect their homes from the kid down the street.:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:35 PM 06-20-2003
Let's hope Slayer never drives anything larger than a clown car :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:36 PM 06-20-2003
No, it was in Platte City, about 20 minutes from where we live.

Not sure if they talked to the owner of the house or not.... I know they filed the one-car accident report though.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 05:41 PM 06-20-2003
Slayer was probably pontificating on a deep subject and was distracted. (Tell that story, Slayer, and stick with it).
[Reply]
JOhn 05:47 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :

I made a turn that was a little too wide and ended up in the left lane. When I was getting back into the left lane, I turned the wheel too much and got on the sidewalk. While attempting to hit the break, my leg was pushing on the wheel and caused me to turn right and into the house. Other than the side-view mirror, the only damage is under the right headlight....some dents, scrapes, and two small holes where the brick punctured the metal.
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Oh man, I literally spewed Mt Dew over that :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Slayer Diablo 05:49 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Skip Towne
Slayer was probably pontificating on a deep subject and was distracted. (Tell that story, Slayer, and stick with it).
There was a truck in the left lane that made me panic a little bit, which got me on the sidewalk......the rest of the story is at the bottom of the first page.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:50 PM 06-20-2003
I really do have to give big time props to Slayer for showing up here and owning up to this whole thing! :-) :-)
[Reply]
JOhn 05:51 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
I really do have to give big time props to Slayer for showing up here and owning up to this whole thing! :-) :-)
True, but he also really didn't have a choice thanks to Bearcats prompt reporting. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DrNick 05:54 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :

That's a classic.
[Reply]
Slayer Diablo 06:00 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :

More like this...... Except the sidewalk was much skinnier
Attached: map.jpg (6.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:08 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by JOhn

True, but he also really didn't have a choice thanks to Bearcats prompt reporting. :-) :-) :-)

Well, after the thread a few days ago in which Slayer wanted me to let him drive on the highway.....
[Reply]
PastorMikH 06:11 PM 06-20-2003
Originally Posted by :

More like this...... Except the sidewalk was much skinnier
THAT'LL TEACH THEM TO NOT BUILD HOUSES RIGHT ON THE STREET!!!

[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up