ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Hall of Classics>3 tickets for 11/25 and 11/29 games
dtebbe 12:15 AM 11-02-2001
Hey guys, before I put these up on ebay, I just wanted to see if anyone here wanted them. 3 tickets for each, 11/25 vs. Seahawks and 11/29 vs. Eagles. Sec 327 Row 20. Face value, $51 each. I do take credit cards via PayPal.

Darrin Tebbe
678-517-5789
[Reply]
Phobia 06:31 PM 11-06-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Packfan

I seriously doubt that you met any substantial number of posters because you would have to all meet in a central location, being that you say they are all from "out of town". They all would have had to travel for you to "meet them".
Excluding people I've met by traveling to KC for home games, I've met 8 board residents elsewhere. I met Bob Dole when he was in Houston for business. I met 4 members last year when we all decided to view the Chiefs/Rams game at a local sportsbar. I met AustinChief in Fort Worth while there on business. I met Steve M (chiefsfanTX) at a sportsbar (coincidentally) during a pre-season game a couple of years ago. I met a lurker on this board because I happened to work at the same company. I met another lurker at a sportsbar for a preseason game this year. Of course, I "know" Pink quite well.

At Chiefs games & 37 Forever related events I've met at least 20 others. I won't name them all because I'll leave somebody out, but I met Morphius and KCWolfman (along with his lovely wife) first. Redhead was supposed to be there and I believe he was, but we got our wires crossed (I didn't turn my cell phone to vibrate) and never actually met.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 06:31 PM 11-06-2001
Dartgod & Mark M:

I have no idea what Prick**** said (he's on ignore and I'm forever happy about doing so, thus I could not care any less what he has to say about me, 37 Forever, or about anything for that matter), but allow me to provide for you the following "stats" from Opening Day Weekend.

Chiefs Planet 37 Forever Members Who ATTENDED Opening Day (Chiefs vs Raiders) From Outside The Greater Kansas City Area.

Myself (from Long Island)
Otter (from Pennsylvania)
KPhobia (from Texas)
Robert_Dole (from Texas)
KC_CHIEFS_FAN_TX (from Texas)
Cal_Injun (from California)
AZChief (from Arizona)
ROYC75 (from Kentucky)
kcsmitty (from western Kansas)
tommykat (from Springfield, Missouri)
gale (from Springfield, Missouri)
Chief_Priority (from Spingfield, Missouri)
stevieray (from Colorado)
gh4chiefs (from Jefferson City, Missouri)
tom cash (from southeeastern Kansas)
extreme chief (from northcentral Missouri)
red_rules (from Arkansas)
tomahawk_11 (from St. Joseph, Missouri)
wild bill (from Nebraska)

There may have been more... but one tends to lose count after awhile... and that's not counting the locals.

:-) Happy to help :-)
[Reply]
Nelson Muntz 07:03 PM 11-06-2001
is it just me or would everybody else love to find packfan in a dark alley and try to beat some common sense into him? it just amazes me how far he has made it in life without one shred of common sense.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:14 PM 11-06-2001
I actually think I'd probably get along with him. He just places zero value on being friendly online. He doesn't realize that the world is changing and sometimes online friendships can be valuable. To him, this BB is just a game and he likes to get a reaction.
[Reply]
Packfan 10:21 PM 11-06-2001
Kphobia,

You are correct. I'm probably a guy that you and most others would get along with. Maybe the world is changing, but my friends are people that I hang around with, grew up with, or work with. I am not here to make friends. I like MOST of the guys on here strictly from a football perspective. Thats why I dont get bent out of shape (like some guys do) over name calling and personal attacks. I usually dont make them, and usually dont respond to them. Those that routinely make personal attacks are the people I kind of feel sorry for on this board. I wonder if thats the best rebuttle they have. Calling me a name. And the thing is, it doesnt bother me one bit. I have nobody on "ignore" and in most cases, overlook the childish tactics of some of the board members.

When someone makes a claim that I think is untrue or physically impossible, I call him/her on it and stick to my guns. Mark M claimed to be at a Packer game where there were "empty sections", but couldnt remember anything else. That is simply wrong, IF you believe in attendance statistics. Either he lied and was never at the game, or he is to stupid to tell the difference between empty sections and a full house. I left it up to him to tell the truth. But he never did.

In this case, Dartgod expects me to believe that a large number of people, from this chat room, all over the country, get together in one central location. And that none of them would be interested in buying Chief tickets sold here. So I am an "idiot" to think that anyone would actually buy the tickets because I should know that most people arent from KC and would not go to the game. He knows this because he "met up" with a bunch of guys presumably, in a central location. But its OK for the seller to offer tickets here. He is not an idiot. Just a fan trying to sell his tickets, even though Dartgod is certain there are no legitimate buyers here. It doesnt work both ways. I think Dartgod realizes this now. Like Mark, Dartgod has been exposed. He got caught with his foot in his mouth.

Some people have a problem with being called out and questioned. Others choose to name-call instead of arguing a point. I just tell it like it is.

I could care less if I rub someone the wrong way. Its not personal and shouldnt be taken that way. There seems to be a bunch of insecure people on this board. I guess thats who the ignore button is for.

This is a football chat room, nothing else, IMO.
[Reply]
Phobia 10:44 PM 11-06-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Packfan
This is a football chat room, nothing else, IMO.
This is what you make it. I've made it a place that I spend a lot of time and have interpersonal relationships. Many of them are anonymous but others are what I consider true friendships since I've actually met them. It's hard to consider somebody a friend that I haven't met, but there are some cases that I do....

I don't expect to find a soulmate on the internet, but I think finding friendship is fine.

You've made this just a football chat room and that's fine. For me and many others it's so much more.....
[Reply]
stevieray 06:51 AM 11-07-2001
Still going on about Mark....? Makes YOU look wrong, Ken....Notice Mark isn't going on and on about it? Is that some sort of problem you have? Redundacy?

Not only is Dart telling the truth, his wife makes you look like a feminist. And Ken, you can say all you want about the city and it's fans, but it reallly has no sustenance, and i think deep down, you know that.

One more thing, some people enjoy their privacy. Notice the phone #? Gee, maybe someone contacted him by phone...ya think?

No, that doesn't make sense, because if that were true, you couldn't make the same petty comments, dogging people about.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:58 AM 11-07-2001
Exposed?? Ha! I made a statement about meeting many members of this BB and you called me a liar. I proved I was right, and you won't admit you're wrong. Now tell me, how is that exposing me??

In response to your question on another thread, my name implies I like darts. Pretty brilliant detective work there, Ken. :-)
[Reply]
mac 08:51 PM 11-07-2001
I don't understand why Packfan is even on here. Are we rivals w/Green Bay? Why would someone visit the BB of a random team and argue? Just a question. I mean, I could see if we were rivals but I didn't think we were. I hate Raiders/Broncos and sometimes Seahawks, I don't care what GB does.
[Reply]
Packfan 10:34 AM 11-09-2001
mac,

I am here because I live in KC and I am a Chief fan. I argue with some of you guys because I dont agree with what is said in many cases. On this particular post, I dont think this guy can get face value for his tickets. History has shown the "nlf's greatest fans" abandon their team when things go south. At 2-6, things have gone south. I offered $5 for each ticket and so far, I am the highest bidder.

I hope that answers your questions.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:00 AM 11-09-2001
Ken, you never answered my last post.

I said I had met many (about 20 in all) members of this BB. You called me a liar. I proved it. I met most of them at the first annual 37 Forever Foundation meeting on opening weekend. I have also met Bwana, Big Daddy and KC Dan when they came to KC for a game and I played host to them for some tailgating.

No name calling this time, I am going to try to keep it civil. Please retract your statement. An apology would also be nice, although I don’t expect it.
[Reply]
dtebbe 12:40 PM 11-09-2001
Once again, PackFan is wrong. Bidding is at $88.50 on the 11/28 game and $53 on the 11/25 game. So, PackFan is NOT the high bidder, he is just the same mindless idiot who does not have a clue as to what he is talking about. But we don't expect much more now, do we?

DT

You can bid at:

11/25 Seahawks
or
11/28 Eagles
[Reply]
Phobia 12:43 PM 11-09-2001
dtebbe, since you have these on ebay and seem to be doing much better than you are here, I'm gonna let this drop. Ok?
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:46 PM 11-09-2001
Phil, I won't let it drop. :-)

At least until I get an " I was wrong" from Ken. I'm not asking him to apologize for calling me a liar, just a simple retraction. I'm not holding my breath, however.
[Reply]
dtebbe 12:54 PM 11-09-2001
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KPhobia
dtebbe, since you have these on ebay and seem to be doing much better than you are here, I'm gonna let this drop. Ok?
Fine with me, PackFan is starting to pi$$ me off :-)

DT
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up