ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Hall of Classics>PPL, Dissent and New Posters
KCJohnny 12:04 PM 08-25-2001
PPL: Planet party line. Marty/Gun "sucks" (not my choice of words), Rams West is COOOOOL, 6-10 under Vermiel is better than 9-7 with Gun, all ex-Chiefs are money-grubbing scum suckers who are overrated anyway, T-Rich ain't good enuff, etc...

Dissent: People who post replies not in conformity to the PPL.

New Posters: People who innocently post their actual opinions rather than subscribe to the PPL and get shouted down by the clique of regulars touting the conventional wisdom.

Oh well, its only football, and most of us deserve each other.

KCJ
Football Paraiah
[Reply]
Phobia 06:47 AM 08-26-2001
Dude this IS home and you know it. The star isn't gonna have a BB - accept that. I would run a poll but that seems like a bad idea. I'm thinking if people wanted you gone, they would have said so on this topic.

The Prez has been posting confrontational crap on this board for several months. Actually, the only time he shows up here is to pimp his own board and when he gets called on it, he becomes angry. I've been to NEPA and their site has a pictures section. There are 8-10 photos in there of various chiefs fans. Nearly half of them are of the Prez. Then, he comes over here posing as an innocent PC Chiefs fan to set us up. I can't believe the pair on this guy.
[Reply]
KCJohnny 06:58 AM 08-26-2001
OK, Phobe.
Like I said, I'm sticking around, love me or hate me until (if ever) the Star BB gets back up. When they shut it down, they pledged to get a new improved version up. If that happens, I'll stop by here from time to time, even if just to rock the boat a little.
KCJ
Friend of all Chiefs fans
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 AM 08-26-2001
I knew I was providing a public service in some way and now I see that I am providing stress redux for the purveyors of the PPL.

Don't flatter yourself John. I beat my wife for stress relief. :-)

If you'll notice, it ends with, "and most of us deserve each other."

Actually, it ends with Football Pariah(sp.)

Do you know what Pariah means? No one here has asked you to leave. This is just another example of your stupid self-pity.

Jim, no problem with drinking.

Are you sure that's not denial? :-)

I'm PROUD to be lumped in with Whitlock, Sportswax, Denise and Packfan. You guys have defined PPL for me!

You're proud to by compared to Packfan and Sportswax? I could see the other 2. But Packfan is the anti-KCJ. In fact, Packfan would agree with most of us about Marty and Gunther, so if you're like him, you're part of the PPL.

Until you guys kick me off, I'll be around until the Star BB gets back up (if ever).

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody is going to do anything to you.

As monolithic and homogenized as it is

The only time everyone on this board agrees on anything it's because they disagree with you. :-)

As for new posters, there are many examples. The one I was thinking of was titled something like "I didn't like the Cunningham regime, but..." You know who you are and what you said to that new poster. If stepping up and tweaking you regs on behalf of a new poster is being a martyr, so be it.

Pitt Gorilla started that post, John. He's a regular, and a member of the PPL according to your definition. If you look to the left, under this "new" poster's name, you'll see Total Posts: 563. By the way, I see several places where people say "just joking Pitt" or whatever.

I REALLY don't want to talk about Gunther anymore.

I challenge you to find any posts on this board about Gunther that are from a member of your so-called PPL and were NOT responses to someone like you...

YES, I started this thread deliberately to get your collective goats.

Thus proving what many have said about you acting like a 4-year old.

I mean nothing personal against any of you and I think you know that. I am addressing a certain collective opinion, not condemning individuals who hold it.

And there it is, the moment of truth. The only reason this bothers you so much is because a group of people from all over the country, with very little in common besides Chiefs football, all share the same opinion -- Gunther Cunningham was NOT a good head coach.

John, I have welcomed you here. I have defended you. I have sided with you in years past when people were predicting doom and gloom. The reason I respond so vehemently to you now is because it is YOU who want to predict the doom, and that is NOT the Chaplain that I know and love.

Get it out of your system and get it over with. The Chiefs have a new regime and a fresh start. Enjoy it, John...
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:11 AM 08-26-2001
Originally Posted by :
I don't know, K. I've got an idea. Why don't you run a poll and see if the majority want me banned. If so, I'll depart humbly.
KCJ
Shopping for a new BB home
will your self-pitying BS ever end.

Originally Posted by :
As monolithic and homogenized as it is
Since you insist on insulting all BB members, what are the homogenized opions on: DA, Bartee and Warfield, Maz and Patton, Mayes, CP,
MOREAU AND CLOUD(are you blind to this argument, you stupid homer??)
Dan Williams(some people think he can play), Crockett, Downing, etc....

there is no agreement on any of these players, but we're supposed to cry for you?

Do you need a nipple to suck on?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:17 AM 08-26-2001
one last thing, kcj, the people at the Star BB(though the BB is never coming back) won't appreciate you acting like a baby anymore than we do.
[Reply]
KCJohnny 08:28 AM 08-26-2001
The name calling identifies you, not me with the character flaw.

Parker, you're getting mighty personal, friend. I'm asking you to cool it on the personal attacks.

I am squarely behind the team and you know it. I am not towing the party line in something as meaningless as entertainment (NFL football). The product on this BB is OPINION, that's all, and your opionions are no more correct than mine.

KCJ
Disappointed in the dearth of civility
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:37 AM 08-26-2001
Bob Dole doesn't know where Bob Dole fits in.

Actually, Bob Dole has been looking for another "home" since everyone but Bob Dole seems to think that Cloud is a festering pile. Then there's that whole Dante Hall thing...

PPL? Bob Dole doesn't think so.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:48 AM 08-26-2001
Bob,

Ohhhh my god I've got it! I'm infected by PPL! It just kinda creeped up on me. Maybe I got it off a toilet seat or something. But now that I see that Cloud is a festering pile as well (then of course i have been consistant about him since preseason game 2 last year) I must be infected. Ahhhh its awful I can no longer think for myself what should I do? I think I have been assimilated!

Dave
[Reply]
stevieray 08:51 AM 08-26-2001
sleepy...you are getting sleeepy...:-)
[Reply]
WisChief 08:53 AM 08-26-2001
Wow!!!

I just read this thread from start to finish!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Unreal?????????????????

~~~~~~~~still laughing~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Reply]
milkman 08:57 AM 08-26-2001
Dave,
You got that PPL from your milk.
It is homogenized after all! (see post # 58)

Now you know why.

Johnny,
How can Parker, or anyone, possibly know that you are squarely behind this team?

I certainly can't see it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 08-26-2001
The name calling identifies you, not me with the character flaw.

What name calling? Chaplain? I thought you liked that...

Parker, you're getting mighty personal, friend. I'm asking you to cool it on the personal attacks.

Wha-wha-wha-what? Personal attacks? Which ones? If it's the "denial" thing, I hope you saw the smiley. If not, I guess you can't appreciate a little humor...

I am squarely behind the team and you know it.

No I don't, or I wouldn't have said it. I could go back through the numerous posts you've made here, and any sane, intelligent person WOULD NOT be able to discern that you are "squarely behind the team."

product on this BB is OPINION, that's all, and your opionions are no more correct than mine.

I never said I was "correct". I said my opinion was "concensus". That, sir, is the TRUTH.

John, I was more than nice to you, even going so far as to include a couple of jokes. Too bad you're so blind to all of this that you can't let it slide. I thought you were above that...guess not...
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:01 PM 08-26-2001
John, I'm not sure what the problem here is, but I know this much:There's something deeper going on, and I think there's some real problem here under the surface;Jim has a valid point I think, and if he's wrong about the source, he's absolutely right about the symptoms. You're behaving in a manner contrary to anything I've seen and everything I've come to expect from you in the last year and a half.

John, it's not your opinions that are the problem here, it's *you* and it's your behavior. What you're saying has never been the issue, it's how you choose to say it. You're no longer insightful -- your sole intent seems to be inciting argument, regardless of the topic. You treat *everyone* with a great deal of disdain and an utter lack of civility, common courtesy and even the barest degree of respect.

I wish there was something I could say or do, but I'm not much of a therapist, and my patience is worn beyond its limit. I don't appreciate the tone or the tenor of what you're saying in this thread and while I've never asked anyone to leave here -- nor will I ever -- I am going to exercise my right to simply ignore you. Once again, let me clarify that this is not because I don't agree with you and it's not because I lack respect for you, it's because I simply don't appreciate the abuse and I'm not going to take it any longer. Instead of throwing more stones I'm simply going to turn the other cheek.

You seem like a decent man and I sincerely hope you find the strength and courage to sit back and take a hard -- and honest -- look at yourself.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:14 PM 08-26-2001
I think there has been a lot of hostility on the board lately, and I believe one of the mitigating factors is we've been debating this team and its changes now for 6 months...We are ALL ready to see which direction this team is headed in, and most importantly, we are all jonesing for some FOOTBALL. The common bond here is the game and the Chiefs. Hopefully things will get back to normal(whatever that is) once the season is underway.

Let's try to chill on another, the mantra from the star carried over to the pen, and the lack of activity over there suggests to me that enticing arguements for arguements sake is not the standard here on the Planet.

Go Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
yoswif 12:15 PM 08-26-2001
KCJ:
I don't know about others, but it's the blatant hypocrisy of trashing "Rams West" without having seen one game of a Vermeil coached Chiefs team while not at the same time labelling years of Marty/Gun coached Chiefs teams "Browns West" that causes me to question your credibility. The things Chiefs fans came to hate about the Marty/Gun years (RBBC, pounding a converted fullback playing halfback up the centers backside against an eight or nine man front, playing not to lose instead of playing to win) were all concepts featured with Marty's Browns and Gun followed in Marty's "Browns West" footsteps.

From the one Chiefs game I've seen (vs. Jax) this year, the plays and offense we're running are designed to utilize an all pro te and a good fullback, neither of which were featured in St. Louis. Unlike "Browns West", Vermeil appears to be adapting his personal philosophy to suit the talent and ability of our players rather than impose his philosophy on the talent available. It would appear the same "Browns West" philosophy you are so enamoured with is alive and not so well in D.C. Maybe if you were to call yourself "Browns West" Johnny instead of KC Johnny, you might have more credibility. It would seem that is where your loyalty lies.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up