ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Media Center>Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Deberg_1990 04:48 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I agree with Kareem. The scenes with Bruce were so far detached from reality it was a farce-pretty much like the rest of the movie.

QT had the potential to make an incredible movie based on a turbulent time in American history. Instead, he made a fairy tale and wasted a lot of great acting performances.
How many QT movies have you seen?

This is what he does. He makes fantasy films. Especially the ones ever since Kill Bill. He’s deep into revisionist history.

Cliff Booth is a fictional character so he can be as strong or as weak as the writer wants him to be.
[Reply]
Miles 04:59 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

This is what he does. He makes fantasy films. Especially the ones ever since Kill Bill. He’s deep into revisionist history.

Cliff Booth is a fictional character so he can be as strong or as weak as the writer wants him to be.
I thought it was pretty clear how it was shot as Cliff remembering the event we were getting his version as well.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:52 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

All of them.

Booth was fictional but Lee is not- so that was the point. QT made him into a joke- revisionist history for sure. :-)
[Reply]
FAX 11:10 PM 08-14-2019
The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX loved this movie.

I, on the other hand, just felt sad ... pretty much from the beginning all the way to the end. For me, this was a very sad film. Depressing, actually.

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 PM 08-16-2019
Loved it

The Leo scene in his trailer had me rolling. “8 whiskey sours, why can’t you only have 3 or 4 you fucking alcoholic”

Then Pitt in the end scene.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Loved it

The Leo scene in his trailer had me rolling. “8 whiskey sours, why can’t you only have 3 or 4 you ****ing alcoholic”

Then Pitt in the end scene.
Pitt made the movie for me. Cliff Booth for life!
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:06 PM 08-18-2019
This movie was great. The last twenty minutes was the best and I consider Pitt the best part of this movie. The entire theater was cracking up with the last twenty minutes. It did drag a little but second half was great.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
This movie was great. The last twenty minutes was the best and I consider Pitt the best part of this movie. The entire theater was cracking up with the last twenty minutes. It did drag a little but second half was great.
I was reading something interesting yesterday. The movie assumes you know the basic facts of the Tate murder going in. If you don’t know then a viewer might be quite puzzled by the ending. The movie never really tells you much about Manson and his crew.
[Reply]
TipRoast 03:28 AM 08-21-2019
If you're a fan of hard science fiction, then Robert L. Forward's Dragon's Egg may appeal to you.

It's the story of a race of intelligent beings living on the surface of a neutron star; the star is careening through the solar system at the time of the story.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:49 PM 09-02-2019
Watched it last night by myself, as my kids were out of town and my wife was at work.

That may have been the most singularly enjoyable movie experience I can remember. What a great catharsis, especially after watching the second season of Mindhunter.

"Everybody all right?"

"Well...the fuckin'' hippies aren't; that's for goddamn sure."

:-) :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:51 PM 09-02-2019
When I saw the Lee-Cliff scene you know what I thought of? The Bruce Lee-Mike Tyson thread on here. It's clear that Tarantino and Cliff share my sentiments as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:06 AM 11-01-2019
Brad Pitt Confirms Tarantino’s Plan for Extended ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Miniseries

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/tarantino-plans-extended-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-netflix-miniseries-1202162622/

https://www.slashfilm.com/once-upon-...-extended-cut/
A Netflix miniseries version of Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" premiered on the streaming service in April.
[Reply]
Miles 08:06 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Brad Pitt Confirms Tarantino’s Plan for Extended ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Miniseries

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/tarantino-plans-extended-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-netflix-miniseries-1202162622/

https://www.slashfilm.com/once-upon-...-extended-cut/
A Netflix miniseries version of Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" premiered on the streaming service in April.
Nice :-)
[Reply]
MelGrif 08:35 AM 11-01-2019
I haven't watched it yet, but the opinions were divided as I understood...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:34 AM 11-30-2019
I'm gonna drop this here, and ask if anyone else got a vibe from this scene, connecting to a previous iconic scene?

For some reason I'm still sussing out, my mind went here, and I wonder if it did for anyone else. . .

Attached: OUaTiH.jpg (28.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 14 of 19
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up