ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bernard Pollard on just how shady Pioli was
Mecca 06:54 AM 07-23-2019
The thing with Pioli. When they hired him he walked over to me and told me “I’m telling you right now I’m letting you go for what happened in NE.” It’s a shady business.

Keep in mind, he wasn't released immediately, he was released 5 days before the start of the season which fucks him over in finding another job as well. Talk about being a dick because he injured your golden boy.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:44 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As I have said many times, I think he came here to deliberately destroy the team. Everything he did sucked, was wrong, was damaging, to every aspect of the organization. Everything. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would do to the Broncos if I was their GM.

I refuse to believe it was an accident. Nobody is that stupid.
I actually read that stupid book that Michael Holly wrote about Pioli running the Chiefs. You can see the arrogance in a lot of the stuff he says in it and how it's covered. He basically doesn't understand how the Chiefs are treated so well in Kansas City and thought of like a high class organization when they are a loser. He feels that everything needs to be torn down to the base because the organization has been bottom 5 since 1970.

It does also detail how he thinks Jon Baldwin and Julio Jones are the same prospect though, so that's funny.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:47 AM 07-23-2019
As I have said many times, I think he came here to deliberately destroy the team. Everything he did sucked, was wrong, was damaging, to every aspect of the organization. Everything. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would do to the Broncos if I was their GM.

Well, if you believe in the most obvious Occam's Razor solution, that does match up with the facts really well.:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:50 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Pollard sucked anyway

[Reply]
Frazod 10:03 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, if you believe in the most obvious Occam's Razor solution, that does match up with the facts really well.:-)
Plus, after all the damage he did, he immediately got a job with another team.

That's like a fire chief who pours gasoline all over the floor then starts a fire that burns down his own station house by carelessly smoking getting another job as a fire chief.

If he was hired to be a fire chief, he sucked. But if he was an arsonist hired to burn down the station house, he performed admirably.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:10 AM 07-23-2019

I dunno. I think he is. He bet his job on Matt Cassel and lost. He saw the guy every day in practice and didn't realize he sucked, whereas the rumor is Haley's dad watched the guy in one practice and told Todd there's no way you can win with that guy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:19 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah that looks like the angles Pollard would take.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:27 AM 07-23-2019
He should have fired him cause we got Matt Cassel out of the deal.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah that looks like the angles Pollard would take.
I don't fucking care if Pioli did this Vince Agnew.

The point is he actually fucking did it. He went to a new team, and he let a loyalty to some douche over on his old team affect how he treated a player on the new team. Whether that player was good or bad.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:33 AM 07-23-2019
Pollard would have some huge plays, and some huge letdowns.... just like any CB/Safety in the league.

Outside of QB, I would say DB is probably the toughest job to be consistently good at.
[Reply]
BigRock 11:57 AM 07-23-2019
What Pioli said when he got hired is obviously a joke. That 9 months later Pollard actually did get cut after some incidents with coaches during camp is a coincidence. Pollard spoke about his release at the time and said he got cut because he wouldn't let the coaches (the DC Pendergast most notably) cuss at him because he's a grown-ass man or whatever the fuck it was. He didn't say a word about Pioli being out for him.

Years after the fact he's seemingly morphed into thinking it was a conspiracy against him because he's a mook.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:49 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I dunno. I think he is. He bet his job on Matt Cassel and lost. He saw the guy every day in practice and didn't realize he sucked, whereas the rumor is Haley's dad watched the guy in one practice and told Todd there's no way you can win with that guy.
It's even deeper than that :

Charlie Weis was here to "fix the QB" in 2010, and when he bailed after one year, he told Haley that Cassel was "not fixable."

Haley wanted Pioli to sign Hasselbeck in the offseason. Pioli balked at signing anyone that could possibly unseat Cassel and signed Tyler Palko. This resulted in the gulf-wide rift between HC and GM, which culminated in Haley benching and ultimately IRing Cassel as soon as Cassel got a boo-boo. This is why Haley loved Palko, it was like rubbing Pioli's face in it., which naturally enraged Pioli.

Amazingly, the Chiefs were still in contention for the AFC West, which was a testament to Haley's coaching acumen. A testament to Pioli's arrogance was thinking he could install Roleo "Play Good Football" Crennell as HC and still contend. The resulting 2-14 dumpster fire literally almost killed the franchise.

Fuck you, Pioli.
[Reply]
notorious 12:53 PM 07-23-2019
Pioli can impale himself on a catus. Fuck that piece of trash.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:08 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Pioli can impale himself on a catus. **** that piece of trash.
Pretty much.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:13 PM 07-23-2019

Yip
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:18 PM 07-23-2019
^This

A jumping cholla right to the nutsack.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up