ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chargers are preseason champs once again!
carcosa 09:31 AM 07-22-2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/1681106001/

Relevant portion:

Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): If they can finally stave off the injury bug — Bosa, TE Hunter Henry and LB Denzel Perryman have their fingers crossed — the Bolts have as much talent as any team, particularly at the skill positions. They're also battle-tested — let's be honest, they basically play in front of a hostile crowd every week — capable of winning in any environment, to include a Super Bowl audience in South Florida on Feb. 2. (And wouldn't it be kinda nice to see Philip Rivers join 2004 draft mates Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the championship dais?)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Will an overhauled defense jell quickly? Can league MVP Patrick Mahomes possibly approach the mind-boggling production he managed in his first year as a starter? Are the off-field distractions at an end with the NFL choosing not to suspend WR Tyreek Hill? Lots of questions, though K.C. is equipped to provide correct answers between the lines. Early tests as AFC West champs open with three of four on the road.
He also has the Colts beating the Chiefs in the wild card round.

If you ask me, this Nate Davis guy is a real dipshit dumbass!!!!!!
[Reply]
007 06:01 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Meanwhile, Colin Cowherd is figuring out a way to make this about the Cowboys.
That's easy. Just ask Skip.
[Reply]
007 10:12 PM 07-23-2019
You know, I get that the love affair with the Chargers has more to do with that coast they are on rather than real actual stats. But it just baffles me how they continue to make this pick year after year. After all this time, stats should mean something. I mean shit, look at Andy Reids division record in both the AFC West and the NFC East. The dude knows how to own divisional opponents. Then the fact that the Chiefs have beaten the Chargers 9 of the last 10 meetings.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:20 PM 07-23-2019
Good for them. Chargers need to win SOMEthing once and a while.

Most pundits had KC missing the playoffs entirely last year. C'mon.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:38 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Dan Patrick says the Chargers are the best team in the division & Mahomes is going to have a reset season.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...f-dfa5b00c376d
I Will Slit His Throat
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:22 AM 07-24-2019
Chargers are the 2-horse in this divisional race... Mahomes is a beast and one of a kind. Not sure if he can consistently tear through the season on the pace he had in 2018, but there's no reason to doubt it at this point.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:26 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Chargers are the 2-horse in this divisional race... Mahomes is a beast and one of a kind. Not sure if he can consistently tear through the season on the pace he had in 2018, but there's no reason to doubt it at this point.
Thanks, very sweet of you to say
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:14 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Chargers have not won the Division since 2009. 10 years!!!

The Chargers have been picked to win the Division 10 years in a row. 10 Years!!

It will be at least another 10 years until they win the Division again.
It doesn't matter how healthy the Chargers are during the regular season, because Rivers always Rivers in the playoffs. I think the contrast and drop-off between his career regular season performance and his career post season performance is bigger than any QB in NFL history.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mdstu 07:09 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dan Patrick just picked the Chargers AGAIN.

:-)

He also said no way Mahomes throws close to 50 TD’s again. This dude is such a fucking hater and it’s not his schtick so it seems genuine.
Yep, if PM only throws 35 TDs Dan will scream about how right he was.

Then start pimping P.Rivers again, of course he will forget to mention that Rivers has never thrown 35 TDs in a season ever.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:18 AM 07-26-2019
I was just thinking this morning how great this year is going to be in the AFCW

Chiefs are the team to beat and have a generational franchise QB

Denver has a good Defense and added a presumably great defensive minded HC. With solid QB play from Flacco they should be a good team as much as I hate to admit

Sandiego went 12-4 last year and got a little better in the offseason. They are the only team in the AFCW to beat the Chiefs the last few years .

Oakland got better and very interesting signing Brown and Terrel and if 100 million dollar coach and draft Guru Maycock are worth their salt they should be competitive.

With all that said , somebody has to finish last and right now I'd pick Denver.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:29 AM 07-26-2019
I think it's entirely likely that Mahomes will throw 35-40 TD's this season.
Anyone who says that's 'regression' has lost all sense of objectivity.

The defense will be improved. There should be fewer shoot-outs. Personally, I think it's going to be a pretty dramatic difference, barring catastrophic injury.

If the RB situation stays healthy, there should be more stability in that group. There will be games in which we ground it out in the second half, eating clock and putting opponents away.

Add to that the teams that will go run-heavy, ball-control in attempts to keep the ball away from Patrick, and we're likely to see some lower scoring games. The first half of last season, teams tried to force Patrick to beat them (and he did). He ran up some gaudy numbers while teams learned that lesson.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:36 AM 07-26-2019
Fuck it Mahomes is throwing 59 TDs this year
[Reply]
New World Order 07:39 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

The defense will be improved. There should be fewer shoot-outs. Personally, I think it's going to be a pretty dramatic difference, barring catastrophic injury.

If the RB situation stays healthy, there should be more stability in that group. There will be games in which we ground it out in the second half, eating clock and putting opponents away.

Add to that the teams that will go run-heavy, ball-control in attempts to keep the ball away from Patrick, and we're likely to see some lower scoring games. The first half of last season, teams tried to force Patrick to beat them (and he did). He ran up some gaudy numbers while teams learned that lesson.
Yeah I think he's going to be in the 40/4k yards category. Our scoring average will drop slightly

Hopefully fewer heart attack games.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:45 AM 07-26-2019
If you guys have paid attention, Belichick is building a solid running game to benefit Brady in his old age.

The Chiefs have prioritized building a run defense this offseason. The only team we need to focus on beating is NE.

I just hope we are also putting emphasis on penaltys. Getting rid of Nelson and Ford was a step in the right direction as well as making Cam Erving a backup.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:34 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

So Andy has built the most high-powered offense in the NFL and we are going to turn into Marty ball? It is not going to happen.

We still have to play some good QB's so dismissing that we won't have any shootouts is a big leap of faith in the defense.

And when has Mahomes only throw for 35 TD's in a season as a starter? You would probably have to go back to Pee Wee ball. He should hit 35 TD's with 6 games left to play, giving him a great shot at 50 again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:04 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So Andy has built the most high-powered offense in the NFL and we are going to turn into Marty ball? It is not going to happen.

We still have to play some good QB's so dismissing that we won't have any shootouts is a big leap of faith in the defense.

And when has Mahomes only throw for 35 TD's in a season as a starter? You would probably have to go back to Pee Wee ball. He should hit 35 TD's with 6 games left to play, giving him a great shot at 50 again.
I didn't say we wouldn't have ANY shootouts; I said fewer.

Of course, the other guys get paid too; and we'll see some quality offenses. I just think our defense won't be the 2018 "Red Carpet" defense.

If your defense can shut down the opponent when they're forced to go one dimensional, you can run the clock out with your rushing attack. It's not Martyball if you're up three scores. Why would you risk getting Patrick killed taking unnecessary hits?

A more balanced team will probably mean fewer shoot-outs. It's not rocket science.

I think we'll have more rushing TD's than last year, too.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up