ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chargers are preseason champs once again!
carcosa 09:31 AM 07-22-2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/1681106001/

Relevant portion:

Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): If they can finally stave off the injury bug — Bosa, TE Hunter Henry and LB Denzel Perryman have their fingers crossed — the Bolts have as much talent as any team, particularly at the skill positions. They're also battle-tested — let's be honest, they basically play in front of a hostile crowd every week — capable of winning in any environment, to include a Super Bowl audience in South Florida on Feb. 2. (And wouldn't it be kinda nice to see Philip Rivers join 2004 draft mates Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the championship dais?)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Will an overhauled defense jell quickly? Can league MVP Patrick Mahomes possibly approach the mind-boggling production he managed in his first year as a starter? Are the off-field distractions at an end with the NFL choosing not to suspend WR Tyreek Hill? Lots of questions, though K.C. is equipped to provide correct answers between the lines. Early tests as AFC West champs open with three of four on the road.
He also has the Colts beating the Chiefs in the wild card round.

If you ask me, this Nate Davis guy is a real dipshit dumbass!!!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I disagree but show me how.

The Chiefs are better across the board on offense (QB, WR, TE and Oline) except at RB.

The difference between the Chiefs' PPG and the Chargers' PPG last year was just as big as the difference between the Charger's PPG and a bottom 5 team. Think about that for a second.

It is close but I like the Chiefs Dline better than the Chargers when projecting next season. The Chargers have the edge at LB and secondary.

Now tell me how the Chargers have a better overall roster talent wise.

All I hear is how complete and talented their roster is but they are not even as talented as the Chiefs.

But show me otherwise.
They're pretty close to the Chiefs at WR

The Chiefs are better at TE and QB

The OL is probably the Chiefs

The Charger DL is stacked with dudes, as is their secondary. I'm a little skeptical about their LB core right now, but they added Thomas Davis and if the others can stay healthy, they're better at LB.

The Charger DL has Bosa, Ingram, Mebane and they drafted Tillery. It's pretty legit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I never said they were as bad as the Chiefs D. Don’t put words in my mouth.

I said they looked just like ours when they played our offense and the Pats. And the one game you’re talking about, our D didn’t do THAT bad either. That’s my point. In those 3 games, it’s hard to see how much better their talent was than ours.

But in those other 2 games? 79 pts allowed. They were ****ing awful. LOOL
Our defense was trash against the Chargers, both games, but were bailed out by Rivers shittyness.

Chiefs d should be much improved this year, if things break their way they're really being slept on.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:12 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Our defense was trash against the Chargers, both games, but were bailed out by Rivers shittyness.

Chiefs d should be much improved this year, if things break their way they're really being slept on.
Edit *Ahh read that wrong
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 AM 07-23-2019

The point I’m trying to make is all that talent on the Chargers D doesn’t mean shit when you’re that bad when it counts. And they were AWFUL.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 07-23-2019
The point I’m trying to make is all that talent on the Chargers D doesn’t mean shit when you’re that bad when it counts. And they were AWFUL.
They definitely sucked in New England. It was ugly.

I think with the Earl Thomas confession about the Seattle d not being very complex brought up some things about Bradley and that D. When they can just rely on talent and they're absolutely stacked like the Seahawks were, you can do it and be awesome.

The problem comes when teams kinda figure it out and the talent slips a bit, they don't have a 2nd pitch.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:18 AM 07-23-2019
They're pretty close to the Chiefs at WR

The Chiefs are better at TE and QB

The OL is probably the Chiefs

The Charger DL is stacked with dudes, as is their secondary. I'm a little skeptical about their LB core right now, but they added Thomas Davis and if the others can stay healthy, they're better at LB.

The Charger DL has Bosa, Ingram, Mebane and they drafted Tillery. It's pretty legit.
You like the Charger's Dline better than the Chiefs when projecting next season?

I mean the Chiefs look to have a really strong starting four and real solid depth behind both at DT and DE. A lot of players on the Chiefs Dline are also right in their prime or on the raise.

Veach has said they looked at the Dline after drafting Saunders and smiled.

I get why. I think the Chiefs Dline looks like a top 5 unit with a nice mix of rush defenders and passrushers.

There is no old player who might further decline like Mebane.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:19 AM 07-23-2019
They definitely sucked in New England. It was ugly.

I think with the Earl Thomas confession about the Seattle d not being very complex brought up some things about Bradley and that D. When they can just rely on talent and they're absolutely stacked like the Seahawks were, you can do it and be awesome.

The problem comes when teams kinda figure it out and the talent slips a bit, they don't have a 2nd pitch.
Yup, and this is exactly why that Jags D underachieved last year as well.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 07-23-2019
You like the Charger's Dline better than the Chiefs when projecting next season?

I mean the Chiefs look to have a really strong starting four and real solid depth behind both at DT and DE. A lot of players on the Chiefs Dline are also right in their prime or on the raise.

Veach has said they looked at the Dline after drafting Saunders and smiled.

I get why. I think the Chiefs Dline looks like a top 5 unit with a nice mix of rush defenders and passrushers.

There is no old player who might further decline like Mebane.
Projecting gets tough for DL just because you don't know what or how young guys will do.

I'm not gonna say on Saunders until you really know, kinda the same with Tillery.

The Chargers have Bosa and Ingram, losing Phillon (sp?) will hurt as he was good for them, but those top 2 and pretty damn good. The Chiefs have Clark and Jones so that's hopefully pretty even.

The rest is a bit of an unknown for both teams I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 07-23-2019
Yup, and this is exactly why that Jags D underachieved last year as well.
That D just has to many alphas on it IMO and no one to regulate it.

I wish they'd trade us a guy or two off it actually.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 07-23-2019
I disagree but show me how.

The Chiefs are better across the board on offense (QB, WR, TE and Oline) except at RB.

The difference between the Chiefs' PPG and the Chargers' PPG last year was just as big as the difference between the Charger's PPG and a bottom 5 team. Think about that for a second.

It is close but I like the Chiefs Dline better than the Chargers when projecting next season. The Chargers have the edge at LB and secondary.

Now tell me how the Chargers have a better overall roster talent wise.

All I hear is how complete and talented their roster is but they are not even as talented as the Chiefs.

But show me otherwise.
Chargers have top 10 talent across most of their positional groups. They don’t have big question marks like we do at LB and corner.
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 AM 07-23-2019
Weren't we in the running to sign Heyward before he went to LA? That would have been a nice one.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 AM 07-23-2019
That D just has to many alphas on it IMO and no one to regulate it.

I wish they'd trade us a guy or two off it actually.
Well that’s certainly why their entire season came crashing down, but that scheme and their DC played a role in it getting to that point in the first place.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:29 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chargers have top 10 talent across most of their positional groups. They don’t have big question marks like we do at LB and corner.
The Chargers' Oline is definitly a question mark.

I would agree that they are more complete but they are not more talented IMO. The Chiefs have a lot more talent offensively and they look like they have decent talent on defense now.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:30 AM 07-23-2019
The Chargers?

[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 07-23-2019
Well that’s certainly why their entire season came crashing down, but that scheme and their DC played a role in it getting to that point in the first place.
I was at the Jags game last year. Their defense was really damn good, but I can see why they folded and stopped caring.

Bortles was literally a clown last year and the game against us was one of his worst.

I’d start sandbagging too if this was my QB :-)

[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up