ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chargers are preseason champs once again!
carcosa 09:31 AM 07-22-2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/1681106001/

Relevant portion:

Originally Posted by :
Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): If they can finally stave off the injury bug — Bosa, TE Hunter Henry and LB Denzel Perryman have their fingers crossed — the Bolts have as much talent as any team, particularly at the skill positions. They're also battle-tested — let's be honest, they basically play in front of a hostile crowd every week — capable of winning in any environment, to include a Super Bowl audience in South Florida on Feb. 2. (And wouldn't it be kinda nice to see Philip Rivers join 2004 draft mates Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger on the championship dais?)

Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Will an overhauled defense jell quickly? Can league MVP Patrick Mahomes possibly approach the mind-boggling production he managed in his first year as a starter? Are the off-field distractions at an end with the NFL choosing not to suspend WR Tyreek Hill? Lots of questions, though K.C. is equipped to provide correct answers between the lines. Early tests as AFC West champs open with three of four on the road.
He also has the Colts beating the Chiefs in the wild card round.

If you ask me, this Nate Davis guy is a real dipshit dumbass!!!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 07-23-2019
It's funny because for all the Alex Smith years it was the Broncos or Chargers because of the QB position, didn't matter about the rest of the team (offense, defense etc) but now that the Chiefs have the better QB and Coach it's the Chargers because they have the better overall team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:21 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The Chargers have to be one of the most underperforming franchises of the last two decades based on the hype they receive, mostly at this time of year, and the players they've had in this span.

Since 2000, 19 seasons... 5 seasons of double digit wins, most recently 2018 and 2009. 9 seasons at or below .500 - that's a whole lot of fun right there.

I know that many here believe Denver is in the early stage of a 20 year run of suck, but I don't believe that will be the case. Might be a bit until they're competing for another title, but it won't be that long of a period of suck.
I’ll agree with most of this. I just wouldn’t have much faith in Elway to figure out QB at this point. Signing Peyton Manning is a no brainer. Drafting and developing your next franchise QB is a different story. Maybe Lock is that guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:21 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's funny because for all the Alex Smith years it was the Broncos or Chargers because of the QB position, didn't matter about the rest of the team (offense, defense etc) but now that the Chiefs have the better QB and Coach it's the Chargers because they have the better overall team.
Exactly. It’s a fucking joke.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:26 AM 07-23-2019
What good is all that talent on the Chargers D when they looked just like ours last year when they played us and the Pats? Not only do we have the better HC, we now have the better DC with added talent on D.

Gus Bradley is overrated as fuck.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:26 AM 07-23-2019
Fangio defense = HYPE.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:30 AM 07-23-2019
The Chargers haven't won the division since 2009 :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:35 AM 07-23-2019
It’s because of coaching. They have the best overall roster talent wise, but they always get out coached by Andy and Belichick.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:36 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The Chargers haven't won the division since 2009 :-)
Back when Orton, Cassel and Russell were tearing up the division...
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What good is all that talent on the Chargers D when they looked just like ours last year when they played us and the Pats? Not only do we have the better HC, we now have the better DC with added talent on D.

Gus Bradley is overrated as ****.
The D was pretty good against us in Arrowhead. Mahomes and co had a few chances to put it away and just missed.

Good against the Chiefs considering the Chiefs offense was one of the best ever that is. They didn't shut them down by any means.

Them being as bad as the Chiefs d is a bit of an overstatement LOOL.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:41 AM 07-23-2019
The D was pretty good against us in Arrowhead. Mahomes and co had a few chances to put it away and just missed.

Good against the Chiefs considering the Chiefs offense was one of the best ever that is. They didn't shut them down by any means.

A better KC d and it would have been a 24-14 type game.

Have to remember that Sammy didn't play and Tyreek hurt his heel 4 days before and was listed as questionable.
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
A better KC d and it would have been a 24-14 type game.

Have to remember that Sammy didn't play and Tyreek hurt his heel 4 days before and was listed as questionable.
It definitely wasn't ideal for our offense. IIRC, we had Benjamin playing WR. LOL>
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:42 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Back when Orton, Cassel and Russell were tearing up the division...
Those WEREN'T the days.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:49 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Those WEREN'T the days.
Come on, man... that was a glorious era of quarterbacking!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 07-23-2019

I never said they were as bad as the Chiefs D. Don’t put words in my mouth.

I said they looked just like ours when they played our offense and the Pats. And the one game you’re talking about, our D didn’t do THAT bad either. That’s my point. In those 3 games, it’s hard to see how much better their talent was than ours.

But in those other 2 games? 79 pts allowed. They were fucking awful. LOOL
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:02 AM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s because of coaching. They have the best overall roster talent wise, but they always get out coached by Andy and Belichick.
I disagree but show me how.

The Chiefs are better across the board on offense (QB, WR, TE and Oline) except at RB.

The difference between the Chiefs' PPG and the Chargers' PPG last year was just as big as the difference between the Charger's PPG and a bottom 5 team. Think about that for a second.

It is close but I like the Chiefs Dline better than the Chargers when projecting next season. The Chargers have the edge at LB and secondary.

Now tell me how the Chargers have a better overall roster talent wise.

All I hear is how complete and talented their roster is but they are not even as talented as the Chiefs.

But show me otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up