ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:04 PM 07-23-2019

#Vikings CB Holton Hill has been suspended without pay for an additional four games during the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL’s policy and program on substances of abuse. Already was out 4 games for violating PED policy. So now will miss first 8 games.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 02:10 PM 07-23-2019
But, Hill was undrafted, they still go super deep at that position and can part with someone without to much of a problem.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:13 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Don’t we have around 25mil. I’m fine with a rental as long as it’s for a 5th round pick. Based on the contract and rental status I doubt they do better. No one is trading for him and signing a long term deal until they see how he does this year. Offer a 5th, if they say no then oh well. Jones contract isn’t gonna hurt the cap that bad this year. You usually like to have 4-5mil at least during the season. Veach should be looking to help the either LB or DB with a rental
I don't really see the point in just holding on to so much cap space. Extend Hill and/or Jones if you're not going to address cornerback
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I don't really see the point in just holding on to so much cap space. Extend Hill and/or Jones if you're not going to address cornerback
I think it's there because they want the option to address CB, as much as some people don't like Trae Waynes, he would give the Chiefs a lot of depth at the position.
[Reply]
Warrick 02:16 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But, Hill was undrafted, they still go super deep at that position and can part with someone without to much of a problem.
5th round pick
[Reply]
Mecca 02:19 PM 07-23-2019
Ah he actually got picked ok, either way they still go super deep at that spot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ah he actually got picked ok, either way they still go super deep at that spot.
Hughes blew out his knee last year as well, IIRC.

We saw what that blown ACL did to Gaines just as he looked to be finding his footing. Some guys get back to where they were, other guys just never quite get there and the line between success and failure is so narrow in this league that 90% of what Hughes was is probably not even NFL caliber anymore.

If they're going to be without Hill for 8 games now (and Hill had drug issues at Texas, hence him falling into the 5th) and Hughes is an injury questionmark, it's hard to say they're all that deep at this point. Hill may just get cut outright if they decide they can't trust him, especially if this has something to do with his teammate getting busted for distribution and an "HH" showing up on the police report (at least that's my memory of what was going down around him).

They'd be wise to hold onto him at this point, IMO. Alexander is a little undersized to be on an island so I don't think you want to go into the season with him being your next man up at CB2 in the event Hughes isn't ready yet.

EDIT: Here's the Hill incident - it's when Roc Thomas got busted for possession.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/03/08/...omas-incident/

The Vikings just cut Thomas yesterday and presumably the possession issue had something to do with it. I wouldn't assume that Hill gets through this with a roster spot at this point. Incredibly stupid move on his part - dude was a 2nd day talent but/for his history at Texas and to latch on, make waves and STILL fall into that life...ugh, idiot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:06 PM 07-23-2019
Rhodes is a beast and I'd take that contract off their hands gladly.
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Rhodes is a beast and I'd take that contract off their hands gladly.
If we were gonna trade for one, that's the one I'd want.
[Reply]
Otter 03:17 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hughes blew out his knee last year as well, IIRC.
Bad knees are no joke, bro. Check out the x-ray from my knee replacement:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 03:18 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
Bad knees are no joke, bro. Check out the x-ray from my knee replacement:

Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
rtmike 03:22 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And you can't afford him, Jones, Hill AND Fuller.

So if you're going to give him a new deal, it's coming at the cost of Fuller. I'd rather have Fuller, personally, and he's already been here for a season and has excellent tools in his own right. I think he's a far FAR more fluid athlete than Waynes, he seems to struggle to stop/start/turn without losing speed. He just looks a little stiff.

The only way I'd make that move is if he's already agreed to a 4-year extension , that extension will beat his market value by a lot and Fuller has already turned down all extension dialogue.
I did not know this. Unfortunate.
If he doesn’t want to wear red and white...f him. Next.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:24 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by rtmike:
I did not know this. Unfortunate.
If he doesn’t want to wear red and white...f him. Next.
That's my condition. As far as I know, there have been no extension talks just yet and they're still focused on Jones/Hill.

IF Fuller is unwilling to discuss an extension, then maaaaybe I'd consider a Waynes.
[Reply]
rtmike 03:57 PM 07-23-2019
Yeah, if Fuller doesn’t want to play here, that changes a lot, smh.
Players always talk about how they appreciated being wanted. Makes life easier they say.

I KNOW the fans and fo have to love the guy, right? So why does he not want to reciprocate?
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:34 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by rtmike:
Yeah, if Fuller doesn’t want to play here, that changes a lot, smh.
Players always talk about how they appreciated being wanted. Makes life easier they say.

I KNOW the fans and fo have to love the guy, right? So why does he not want to reciprocate?
You're not understanding what he's saying.

Fuller has never indicated that he doesn't want to be here.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up