ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well then that would mean Fuller is moving on
Jones is a lot better than Fuller though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:29 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Originally Posted by :
Other names at risk of release: Ryan Allen, P, New England Patriots; Chris Boswell, K, Pittsburgh Steelers; Artie Burns, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers; Ken Crawley, CB, New Orleans Saints; Vernon Davis, TE, Washington Redskins; Kenneth Dixon, RB, Baltimore Ravens; Ereck Flowers, OT, Washington Redskins; Joshua Garnett, OG, San Francisco 49ers; Taylor Heinicke, QB, Carolina Panthers; Cardale Jones, QB, Los Angeles Chargers; Greg Joseph, K, Cleveland Browns; Kyle Lauletta, QB, New York Giants; Terrelle Pryor, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars; Reggie Ragland, LB, Kansas City Chiefs; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Washington Redskins; Wendell Smallwood, RB, Philadelphia Eagles; DeMarcus Walker, DL, Denver Broncos; Deandre Washington, RB, Oakland Raiders.
Vernon Davis as our #2 TE to go with Kelce? Haha yes please.

I'd take a flier on Artie Burns.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 07-22-2019
Yeah, I didn't even think about Davis but i'd take him.

I'd also pick up Pryor if he got cut and let him be a TE/WR
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:45 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How about we just see how our CBs fare on their own for awhile? Maybe Ward really can be a starting NFL corner. If he is, then we're only a Fuller extension away from being okay at CB for a couple years, at least until we can spend some actual draft capital on the position and re-stock our depth.

If we get bit by the injury bug, or if Breeland reverts back to mediocre trash, or if Ward is actually Marcus Cooper 2.0, let's revisit this and try to get a midseason trade worked out.

The Earl Thomas saga for all intents and purposes was basically a done deal until the Seahawks got greedy and he ended up getting hurt anyway. That does show that Veach considers these kinds of deals in the middle of the regular season, which I think should be an adequate backup plan.
Agree with this. I think the staff likes the young players, but we’ll see.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:04 PM 07-22-2019
isnt vernon davis about 200 years old now?
[Reply]
O.city 01:07 PM 07-22-2019
It sucks that we need a CB because just a few years ago we had this young dude that was...…..eh nevermind.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 02:20 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We better be in a win now mode.

Do what it takes to make a ****ing super bowl.

Should we be lucky enough to accomplish that after 40 years we can worry about the damned long term...
Is pushing your chips into the center of the table really the best way to win the game? What if you know you are going to have really good cards the next 10 hands?

Yes we have Mahomes on a great contract and yes I know, the Green Bay Packers and Aaron Rodgers. But it's not that simple. In the end the Chiefs have a great chance over Mahomes career to win a SB. Screwing up years 4-7 because we were obsessed with winning it in year 3 is not the right approach IMO.
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:13 PM 07-22-2019
The Minnesota Vikings won’t be in a hurry to trade one of their CBs. Holton Hill is suspended for 4 games for PED use. Their 2018 1st round pick Mike Hughes is coming off a torn ACL injury. The Vikings have over $5.2 M of cap space so they would like to improve, but have some money.

Once preseason is over and they see where they are at with Mike Hughes's injury, Kris Boyd’s development, and Mackensie Alexander’s continued growth, they might consider a trade.

Trading Trae Waynes would save Minnesota $9,069,000 against the cap. Trading Xavier Rhodes would save them $10,937,500 with $2,400,000 of dead money. Trading 2016 2nd round pick Mackensie Alexander would save $1,038,587 with $334,783 of dead money.

If Rhodes or Waynes are not available for trade, perhaps Minnesota would consider trading Alexander.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:11 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It sucks that we need a CB because just a few years ago we had this young dude that was...…..eh nevermind.
He can get bent, don’t miss him a bit
[Reply]
O.city 05:18 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He can get bent, don’t miss him a bit
You may not

The chiefs defense does
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:18 PM 07-22-2019
I liked Alexander a lot coming out of college. Is he still just a slot guy though?
[Reply]
New World Order 05:20 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I liked Alexander a lot coming out of college. Is he still just a slot guy though?
Fuller was really good on the outside last season.

Fine with me if he's a slot.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:22 PM 07-22-2019
Ragland might be cut?

The slowest guy on the team should be looking over his shoulder.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:23 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ragland might be cut?

The slowest guy on the team should be looking over his shoulder.
Please god yes
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:20 PM 07-22-2019
Don’t we have around 25mil. I’m fine with a rental as long as it’s for a 5th round pick. Based on the contract and rental status I doubt they do better. No one is trading for him and signing a long term deal until they see how he does this year. Offer a 5th, if they say no then oh well. Jones contract isn’t gonna hurt the cap that bad this year. You usually like to have 4-5mil at least during the season. Veach should be looking to help the either LB or DB with a rental
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up