ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No interest in Waynes. I don't want to pay his ass and i don't wanna waste a pick on a 1 year rental. He's not good enough for the pay he'll certainly demand, and will likely receive on the open market.
Yep.

If I'm gonna trade a highish pick for someone, it's gonna be a stud or someone already under contract.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:39 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We'll have a new CB or two by the time week 1 rolls around, but we're likely looking at another Ward type scenario.
I totally disagree. You need something proven, not another gamble (Ward and Breeland). The Chiefs have cap space too.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I totally disagree. You need something proven, not another gamble (Ward and Breeland). The Chiefs have cap space too.
You're disagreeing with Veach, not me.

What's available that fits your need? I don't see the Chiefs trading away yet another 1st rnd pick either.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
They also have two or three monster contracts coming up.

Rolling over that cap space could be huge. Just because they have it, doesn't mean spend it.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:44 AM 07-22-2019
Chiefs are sending a 4th rounder for the suspended Patrick Peterson by the beginning of the season. Insurance policy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:47 AM 07-22-2019
How about we just see how our CBs fare on their own for awhile? Maybe Ward really can be a starting NFL corner. If he is, then we're only a Fuller extension away from being okay at CB for a couple years, at least until we can spend some actual draft capital on the position and re-stock our depth.

If we get bit by the injury bug, or if Breeland reverts back to mediocre trash, or if Ward is actually Marcus Cooper 2.0, let's revisit this and try to get a midseason trade worked out.

The Earl Thomas saga for all intents and purposes was basically a done deal until the Seahawks got greedy and he ended up getting hurt anyway. That does show that Veach considers these kinds of deals in the middle of the regular season, which I think should be an adequate backup plan.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How about we just see how our CBs fare on their own for awhile? Maybe Ward really can be a starting NFL corner. If he is, then we're only a Fuller extension away from being okay at CB for a couple years, at least until we can spend some actual draft capital on the position and re-stock our depth.

If we get bit by the injury bug, or if Breeland reverts back to mediocre trash, or if Ward is actually Marcus Cooper 2.0, let's revisit this and try to get a midseason trade worked out.

The Earl Thomas saga for all intents and purposes was basically a done deal until the Seahawks got greedy and he ended up getting hurt anyway. That does show that Veach considers these kinds of deals in the middle of the regular season, which I think should be an adequate backup plan.
At this point, they'll go into some preseason games with what they have and see how it goes.

If they make a trade it'll be if someone gets hurt or if things just look bleek.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 07-22-2019

Could six-time Pro Bowler LeSean McCoy be the odd man out in Buffalo's crowded backfield? As we head into training camp, @greggrosenthal spotlights 18 notable players who could be traded or released.https://t.co/x3Gl5DSYfg pic.twitter.com/6EroysgrO5

— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) July 22, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:12 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How about we just see how our CBs fare on their own for awhile?
This is where I am at as well. When you are practicing against Mahomes, TH,SW, TK, DRob and Hardman you can only get better IF you have potential. It's not like they are practicing against Cassel and crew:-) If they aren't cutting it then you look elsewhere.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:17 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Chiefs are sending a 4th rounder for the suspended Patrick Peterson by the beginning of the season. Insurance policy!
I'm afraid they will want more than a 4th even IF he is suspended. BUT the question for me is how well will he play now that he is not using PEDs. When he first came into the league he was diagnosed with diabetes type II IIRC. Supposedly he was using PEDs to alleviate the fatigue factor involved with the disease.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:18 AM 07-22-2019
Not sure if Veach views Waynes as that much of an upgrade over Breeland (rigth now). If that's the case he's not going to want to give up picks for him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 AM 07-22-2019
Here's Seth Keyser's pretty good write-up on Ward from late May:

https://theathletic.com/997762/2019/...-lot-to-prove/

Basically, the stuff he has to fix is coachable. Is he a coachable player? Hopefully. But it IS stuff that he has to fix.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 07-22-2019
If you guys wanna trade a big pick and overspend on someone, call up the Cowboys and see about Byron Jones.

They may not be able to pay everyone and he's one i'd want.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you guys wanna trade a big pick and overspend on someone, call up the Cowboys and see about Byron Jones.

They may not be able to pay everyone and he's one i'd want.
Well then that would mean Fuller is moving on
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:28 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ve put resources there, just not top end talent. I’m glad Veach didn’t give up tons of resources to trade up for Byron Murphy or Rock Ya Sin.

Bashaud Breeland was about to be given a huge contract before he got hurt. Then after some recovery time, he had 4 passes defended, 2 INT’s and a TD in only 7 games.

He’s in a contract year too. Like Fuller, he hasn’t received his first big contract yet.

I think we’ll see Fuller and Breeland playing their best football this year.
Murphy was their guy
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up