ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Near as I can see, there is no 'ceiling', it's just 'whoever signed most recently'.

David Carr was the highest played player in football history for a year, FFS. All sanity is left at the door once QBs are under consideration. Just expect that one to hurt real, real bad.
Oh, i'm sure it will but I dunno that it's gonna get to 40? I mean, fuck, 40 per?

Atleast you could stretch it out longer ideally.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 07-22-2019
This really doesn't bother me. Our defense is built around overpaying players in year 1 and 2 in the hope of developing somebody better. It gives us a chance to cokpete while mahomes is cheap and a chance to bailout when he's not. I'd honestly rather an average player who's OK with that vs a great player who wants a long term deal or steals away a high value draft pick who can be a cheap future starter. We're at a point where we have to be really, really careful about what kind of great players get large deals and where we really want to save our high picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Janoris Jenkins

He's old and may not be what he once was, but i'm not really looking for more than a bandaid at this point.

The long term guy has to come from the draft.
Oh holy fuck no.

I'd take Fields over him for sure. I don't even like Smith and I'd prefer Smith. Whoever that completely fungible 5th round CB we got is a better idea.

Janoris Jenkins has Dunta Robinson written all over him. If he's on the team all season, he'll cut our throats at the worst possible time.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh holy **** no.

I'd take Fields over him for sure. I don't even like Smith and I'd prefer Smith. Whoever that completely fungible 5th round CB we got is a better idea.

Janoris Jenkins has Dunta Robinson written all over him. If he's on the team all season, he'll cut our throats at the worst possible time.
Yeah, he may be.

But he's atleast excelled in this system so that's one thing.

I wouldn't really be excited about it, but just saying i'd rather do that than Waynes.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:07 AM 07-22-2019
Why do people hate Ward? That guy was much better than Steven Nelson at the end of last year. He made the winning INT that Ford fucked up.
Ward actually has athletic traits and height, plus he gets his head around.

People also need to remember that Honey Badger will be playing a lot of snaps in the slot and he’s really good there. Teams like the Patriots and Chargers attack that middle intermediate zone, which is why we attacked that area of the field this offseason.

At this point Fuller should play his best football in a contract year and safety looks significantly better with Honey Badger/Thornhill. See what you have in Mark Fields and if we need someone else, look for another Charvarious Ward.

You guys that are bitching need to realize that we can’t have stars at every damn position.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 07-22-2019
Definitely can't have stars, but they also haven't put many resources into the spot. I think that's what worries some.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:09 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Why do people hate Ward? That guy was much better than Steven Nelson at the end of last year. He made the winning INT that Ford fucked up.
Ward actually has athletic traits and height, plus he gets his head around.

People also need to remember that Honey Badger will be playing a lot of snaps in the slot and he’s really good there. Teams like the Patriots and Chargers attack that middle intermediate zone, which is why we attacked that area of the field this offseason.

At this point Fuller should play his best football in a contract year and safety looks significantly better with Honey Badger/Thornhill. See what you have in Mark Fields and if we need someone else, look for another Charvarious Ward.

You guys that are bitching need to realize that we can’t have stars at every damn position.
Nobody hates Ward, I'm concerned that we have 3 CB's...where 1 has very little experience after being a UDFA, and another one is somewhat injury prone in a group that isn't exactly top of the line.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:12 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Let's not be the 2015 Royals. We have the tools to be a long-term force.
What a dumb uneducated post.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Definitely can't have stars, but they also haven't put many resources into the spot. I think that's what worries some.
They’ve put resources there, just not top end talent. I’m glad Veach didn’t give up tons of resources to trade up for Byron Murphy or Rock Ya Sin.

Bashaud Breeland was about to be given a huge contract before he got hurt. Then after some recovery time, he had 4 passes defended, 2 INT’s and a TD in only 7 games.

He’s in a contract year too. Like Fuller, he hasn’t received his first big contract yet.

I think we’ll see Fuller and Breeland playing their best football this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ve put resources there, just not top end talent. I’m glad Veach didn’t give up tons of resources to trade up for Byron Murphy or Rock Ya Sin.

Bashaud Breeland was about to be given a huge contract before he got hurt. Then after some recovery time, he had 4 passes defended, 2 INT’s and a TD in only 7 games.

He’s in a contract year too. Like Fuller, he hasn’t received his first big contract yet.

I think we’ll see Fuller and Breeland playing their best football this year.
I think i'd have rather put resources into one of those CB's vs a WR though, simply because we've seen with Andy, they can develop WR's.

They haven't developed a CB worth a shit
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:26 AM 07-22-2019
The CB situation right now is not good. It's not bad but risky and could ruin a SB run.

Fuller is a solid player and can be great. Breeland and Ward there is a chance they could be good but they're unknown because of injury or limited play.

Ideally, you'd like to have a group of four solid CBs.

I am sure Veach is going to trade for one. Peterson would be perfect for this team but it's looking like it won't happen.

I guess Waynes would be OK. At least, you'd have 4 CBs who you think are starting caliber players.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:30 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is arguable the worst CB situation in the league, remember that.
I’m not sure I’d go that far, but it’s definitely not optimum.
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 07-22-2019
Veach likes to take previous under achieving high picks that are in new coaching staffs and such and trade for them.

So lets look around at who that could be.

Would the Bucs be interested in moving Hargreaves?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 07-22-2019
No interest in Waynes. I don't want to pay his ass and i don't wanna waste a pick on a 1 year rental. He's not good enough for the pay he'll certainly demand, and will likely receive on the open market.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:35 AM 07-22-2019
We'll have a new CB or two by the time week 1 rolls around, but we're likely looking at another Ward type scenario.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up