ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:24 AM 07-22-2019
Rhodes ain’t moving - far too much cap crunch for the Vikings to take on in any transaction involving him. The reason Waynes is preferred to move is because it costs the Vikings $0 to do so.
Waynes would be a solid depth move, but at $9 million for one year, I’m not enamoured with him. Use the money sign Jones.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:24 AM 07-22-2019
I did not know his age but at 27 he's still got 5+ years of prime left if he's any good. And he's cheap at least for now.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:26 AM 07-22-2019
This is arguable the worst CB situation in the league, remember that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't think CB was the problem either.

Safety play and LB's having no idea how to operate in space was killing them over the middle. Nelson played solid ball and Ward played quite well when he took over. Fuller, after a rockie first few weeks, was among the league leaders in productivity in coverage.

The CBs were mediocre, but they weren't nearly as god-awful as the rest of the D. A shitty run defense putting the D in horrid down/distance situations that allowed passing games to target our weak spots in LB coverage and safety was what really killed us. When the CBs have to bail early because the Safeties aren't of any use, it's easy to get underneath them for those 5-7 yard easy pitches and catches that keep the chains moving.

I think we've upgraded S immensely but the LBs man...{shudder}. That's still a rough group. Lee finally learning to use his athleticism as a coverage LB would sure be nice.
There's just no way Hitchens is what he was last year. I think the new system will help the LB's or atleast hopefully it does.

Lee actually being what his athleticism says he could be, would be huge. If he could be like, what, a poor mans Shazier?
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:33 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tremon Smith isn't even going to make the team....

It's a deal that could get done just because who knows if they plan to keep Chris Jones, and b the cap is going to rise.
Smith makes the team unless they make a move to upgrade
[Reply]
tmax63 09:34 AM 07-22-2019
You are correct. The bar is set pretty low right now. And help can come from anywhere...draft, FA, survivors of the AAF, trade with the Vikings or any other team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 07-22-2019
Cap hell doesn't really exist, and a new CBA should sky rocket the cap.
Cap hell absolutely exists when you're paying your QB $35-40 million/season and there's really no scenario where you move on from him.

Yes, the Chiefs have to be constantly vigilant with their cap because this is a completely new world for them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 07-22-2019
This is arguable the worst CB situation in the league, remember that.
Which says all that needs be said about Waynes when he's not a clear upgrade on the first 3 guys.

Thus far in his career he's been all hat, no cattle. And he's gonna end up more expensive than his production warrants on account of his draft status.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:37 AM 07-22-2019
wasnt waynes really good at zone but played mostly in man, or vice versa? does what hes good at translate to our current scheme? and would he be willing to take an extension that is better than what his market could be? id be interested but not for a straight up one year 9 mil deal. unless we dump a contract on them where they take say 3 mil of our cap making his deal more realistically a 6m.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 07-22-2019
I know the thought is that Mahomes will get whatever, but is he really gonna break the QB ceiling by THAT much?
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 07-22-2019
I'd rather flip a later rounder to the Giants for whats his face.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather flip a later rounder to the Giants for whats his face.
Eli Apple already got dumped, is there someone else they're shopping?

I mean if I'm gonna make a deal strictly on measurables and ignore performance, why wouldn't I call the Steelers on Artie Burns?
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 07-22-2019

I mean if I'm gonna make a deal strictly on measurables and ignore performance, why wouldn't I call the Steelers on Artie Burns?
Janoris Jenkins

He's old and may not be what he once was, but i'm not really looking for more than a bandaid at this point.

The long term guy has to come from the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know the thought is that Mahomes will get whatever, but is he really gonna break the QB ceiling by THAT much?
Near as I can see, there is no 'ceiling', it's just 'whoever signed most recently'.

David Carr was the highest played player in football history for a year, FFS. All sanity is left at the door once QBs are under consideration. Just expect that one to hurt real, real bad.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:41 AM 07-22-2019

the stealers are pretending they are still contenders. would they really do anything to aid and afc rival?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up