ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Possible trade with Vikings...Trae Waynes
InChiefsHeaven 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
Sorry if Q:

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/07/2...d4Kx0Jp5_BdMTE

Originally Posted by :
Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland stand out as a solid starting cornerback duo for the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their depth at the position is lacking, with guys like Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith expected to play major roles again.

The Chiefs believe that the Minnesota Vikings look like a logical trade partner for them, with Trae Waynes standing out as a realistic target.

The Vikings are loaded with strong depth at the cornerback position. Waynes is joined on the depth chart by Xavier Rhodes, Mackensie Alexander, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill, all of who can play the position at a high level.

Simply put, the Vikings can afford to move one of these players and not lose significant depth. With Waynes entering the last year of his rookie contract, it would make sense to move him in the right deal.

[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 07-22-2019
I don't think Waynes is that good.

I'd rather have Rhodes.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:44 AM 07-22-2019
That would be fine provided they don't want a 1st.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:49 AM 07-22-2019
Ward played very well and has worked his tail off this offseason.

Is Waynes even all that good?

Is he markedly better than the 3 good corners we currently have? Good enough to keep Ward on the bench?

Good enough to give a big contract to? Because if we trade for him, they are extending him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 07-22-2019
They want to move Waynes rather than Alexander, Hughes or Hill because they know all 3 of those guys are providing far more return on their contracts.

Waynes is maybe worth what he's getting paid and even that's a stretch.

I wouldn't give anything of actual value for him. Maybe a deal similar to the Ehringer deal where we dump someone we were going to cut anyway. He's a depth player no better than Breeland and certainly not better than Fuller. In the end I think Ward will prove better than him as well.

He's an insurance policy with a $9 million guaranteed contract...that seems unwise.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:52 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think Waynes is that good.

I'd rather have Rhodes.
I don't think he's reached his potential yet, he's young, and you could argue he had a better year than Rhodes did last year.

I'd part with up to a 2nd for him...
[Reply]
Mecca 08:54 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ward played very well and has worked his tail off this offseason.

Is Waynes even all that good?

Is he markedly better than the 3 good corners we currently have? Good enough to keep Ward on the bench?

Good enough to give a big contract to? Because if we trade for him, they are extending him.
His tools are elite I'll say that, he went 11th because he's 6' with 4.31 speed.

I think he's a good player but the thing he has over the guys here other than Fuller and Breeland is how much he's played and he's shown to be durable.

He's probably worth a 3rd round pick, if you think your coaching can unlock his potential that becomes a steal because he has more tools than any of our CB's.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:55 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They want to move Waynes rather than Alexander, Hughes or Hill because they know all 3 of those guys are providing far more return on their contracts.

Waynes is maybe worth what he's getting paid and even that's a stretch.

I wouldn't give anything of actual value for him. Maybe a deal similar to the Ehringer deal where we dump someone we were going to cut anyway. He's a depth player no better than Breeland and certainly not better than Fuller. In the end I think Ward will prove better than him as well.

He's an insurance policy with a $9 million guaranteed contract...that seems unwise.
If you make that deal it's about what you think he can be, he hasn't reached his potential yet.
[Reply]
notorious 08:56 AM 07-22-2019
I’ll trust the staff until they don’t deserve it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 07-22-2019
Sure, but you also make the deal knowing you're gonna pay him 9 mil now and then have to either let him walk or sign him to a new deal.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:58 AM 07-22-2019
Sounds like a Veach kind of trade.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:59 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure, but you also make the deal knowing you're gonna pay him 9 mil now and then have to either let him walk or sign him to a new deal.
You don't make the trade without already agreeing to a new contract...
[Reply]
oldman 09:03 AM 07-22-2019
I'm out on 1 year rentals unless A) the player is significantly better than anyone currently on the roster or B) we're in a win-now mode. I don't see him that much better than the guys slated to be our starters and, with PMII and his current and new toys, I'd hope we'd be looking at a dynasty rather than a 1 year wonder.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:03 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You don't make the trade without already agreeing to a new contract...
And you can't afford him, Jones, Hill AND Fuller.

So if you're going to give him a new deal, it's coming at the cost of Fuller. I'd rather have Fuller, personally, and he's already been here for a season and has excellent tools in his own right. I think he's a far FAR more fluid athlete than Waynes, he seems to struggle to stop/start/turn without losing speed. He just looks a little stiff.

The only way I'd make that move is if he's already agreed to a 4-year extension , that extension will beat his market value by a lot and Fuller has already turned down all extension dialogue.

Gonna be hard to rebuild that CB group next year so I understand the value in having some throughput. Waynes COULD be that guy, but I'd rather it be Fuller and he's already a Chief.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And you can't afford him, Jones, Hill AND Fuller.

So if you're going to give him a new deal, it's coming at the cost of Fuller. I'd rather have Fuller, personally, and he's already been here for a season and has excellent tools in his own right. I think he's a far FAR more fluid athlete than Waynes, he seems to struggle to stop/start/turn without losing speed. He just looks a little stiff.

The only way I'd make that move is if he's already agreed to a 4-year extension , that extension will beat his market value by a lot and Fuller has already turned down all extension dialogue.

Gonna be hard to rebuild that CB group next year so I understand the value in having some throughput. Waynes COULD be that guy, but I'd rather it be Fuller and he's already a Chief.
They need to get some CB cheap labor from somewhere. They're gonna run into financial issues if they can't hit on a few draft picks at CB.

The Fields guy becoming a nice option early would be beneficial.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up