ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 39
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>In case anyone hadn't decided on the KC Star yet
DJ's left nut 06:57 AM 07-12-2019
They're doubling down and hiding behind an 'editorial board' byline so nobody has to put their name on this shit.

https://amp.kansascity.com/opinion/e...mpression=true

Originally Posted by :
Now that the full 11-minute recording of Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill and his now former fiancee, Crystal Espinal, talking about violence in their relationship has been aired, many fans are saying wow, this changes everything.

It does? That Hill, who didn’t know Espinal was taping him, denies ever hitting her or their son in what he thought was a private conversation is neither surprising nor exculpatory.

Abusers typically tell not only the police but friends, family, therapists, priests and even themselves they’ve never done anything wrong.

And if anything, the fact that Hill now says he didn’t hit punch or choke Espinal in 2014 makes him look worse rather than better. He pleaded guilty to those charges, publicly apologized, went through extensive therapy and declared himself reformed after probation. If he’s now back to saying that none of this ever happened, that’s not just a lie but a worrying one.

“I didn’t touch you in 2014,” he says on the tape. “And put that on everything I love, bro. That’s the real truth.”

That Espinal isn’t screaming at him that no, it’s not the truth, real or otherwise, is taken by some supporters as proof that he is innocent.

But why a woman who has been injured by him before and he’s threatening to hurt again might not do that should be obvious.

When she instead repeatedly asks him where her bruises came from if he never hit her, he doesn’t answer because there isn’t an answer that he likes well enough to repeat.

On Thursday, Espinal filed a petition in Johnson County seeking a paternity test for their newborn twins. She has full custody of them — they live with her — and she is asking for child support and only supervised visits for Hill. Her lawyer in the matter is legal counsel for SAFEHOME, a Johnson County group that supports survivors of domestic violence.

The NFL, meanwhile, seems ready to let Hill off with a brief suspension because the legal case against him isn’t going anywhere, but these things are still true:

Hill’s son was removed from his home after a child abuse investigation was launched. The Johnson County district attorney said the 3-year-old child had been hurt, but he didn’t have enough proof to prosecute.

On the tape, we heard Hill threaten the mother of his children with physical violence: “You need to be scared of me, too, dumb bitch.” He berates and belittles, calls her “bro” and “bitch” and of course, claims she ruined his life.

Denial of all wrongdoing is so standard in abuse cases that just a look at Thursday’s Star provides other examples, including that of Scott Hacker, the now former Parkville police officer charged with domestic violence after allegedly shooting his gun inside his home, throwing the woman who called 911 onto the couch, grabbing her by the throat and blaming her for “ending his career” by calling for help. Both before and after the cops arrived, he said he hadn’t shot the gun or touched her. But oops: A security camera in the living room apparently recorded the assault.

What Espinal was trying to get was the audio equivalent of that video.

If the NFL lets Hill back on the field this season, it will send the message that making threats and showing you’ve learned nothing from probation is no real problem, as long as you can run fast enough. The help he needs is not more denial, but just the opposite.

To the rest of you who are intent on seeing Hill as the victim, KCTV as a villain for not immediately releasing the full tape, and Espinal as a “manipulator” for wanting evidence to back her up in court, we could suggest some reading on the well-researched subject of abuse. But why, when you seem to prefer not to know?

[Reply]
Mecca 07:47 AM 07-12-2019
Jeff Rosen is mainly the one responsible, he refuses to admit they fucked up.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:47 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I never said he didn't. I merely pointed out--correctly--that folks often plead guilty to charges in court when they didn't do what prosecutors allege they did. There are myriad reasons for that, as I'm sure you're aware.
Hill didn't enter a plea that maintained his innocence. He entered a guilty plea.

I understand that CP will continue to look for ways around this, because we want to feel better about cheering for him, but those are facts. He admitted that he abused her.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:48 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Anybody notice how they changed the supposed quote? They added "Dumb" in the bolded quote where it's never appeared before.

Sloppy journalism. Fuck these clowns.
I'm pretty sure that's the exact quote from the tape. They've fucked it up before, apparently.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:48 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Stunning that you feel the way you do on this issue being a Broncos fan and all. :-)
I don’t recognize you, so I’ll guess it’s likely that you don’t know that I’m not a fan of any individual team. I live in close proximity to the Broncos franchise. There’s not much more to it than that. I never get emotionally attached to something that’s owned by someone else. That’s especially true of corporate sports teams that have hijacked the name of the city I chose for my home.
[Reply]
Codered 07:48 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I never said he didn't. I merely pointed out--correctly--that folks often plead guilty to charges in court when they didn't do what prosecutors allege they did. There are myriad reasons for that, as I'm sure you're aware.
He admitted some sort of guilt in interviews with teams when he was interviewed. He admitted some sort of guilt the media post being drafted. He continued with his anger management courses that the team mandated before him. Until now anytime this incident had come up be it Hill or the team it was always addressed with him being the guilty party and working on being a reformed and better person.

That does not mean he did anything wrong in 2019. However, I am not sure why anyone would think there isn't smoke around 2014.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:49 AM 07-12-2019
I see Eleazar the white knight of abuse is back once again.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:50 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I don’t recognize you, so I’ll guess it’s likely that you don’t know that I’m not a fan of any individual team. I live in close proximity to the Broncos franchise. There’s not much more to it than that. I never get emotionally attached to something that’s owned by someone else. That’s especially true of corporate football teams that have hijacked the name of the city I chose to be my home.
You sound like a blast. Definitely don't drink some antifreeze....
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:53 AM 07-12-2019
IIRC, didn't he sign a statement that only admitted guilt to putting her in a headlock as he was trying to remove her from the apartment?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:53 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Codered:
He admitted some sort of guilt in interviews with teams when he was interviewed. He admitted some sort of guilt the media post being drafted. He continued with his anger management courses that the team mandated before him. Until now anytime this incident had come up be it Hill or the team it was always addressed with him being the guilty party and working on being a reformed and better person.

That does not mean he did anything wrong in 2019. However, I am not sure why anyone would think there isn't smoke around 2014.
Being smart enough to do what a lawyer told you to do to avoid jail time and have a career while being public and then saying something else in private doesn't prove anything.

This argument will never die, why? Black people hell people in general cop to pleas of shit they didn't do all the time because they're broke and don't wanna go to jail......meanwhile there is a pattern of abusers there are 2 sides to this and both sides are using stuff that really happens to support the theory.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:54 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
IIRC, didn't he sign a statement that only admitted guilt to putting her in a headlock as he was trying to remove her from the apartment?
I know for a fact he never admitted to punching her in the stomach.
[Reply]
redfan 07:55 AM 07-12-2019
Sheeeeeet, I was basically done with 'em when they got rid of the Times. Cheap ass bastards the lot of 'em! The quality of that rag has been in decline for decades.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:56 AM 07-12-2019

Fails to mention that Espinal ALSO lost custody, was investigated, admitted on tape that “he gets whoopeed,” admitted in text “I did it. I hurt our son.” Worst piece to-date for the @KCStar. I’m actually stunned.

— Mind Rhino (@mind_rhino) July 12, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:56 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'm pretty sure that's the exact quote from the tape. They've ****ed it up before, apparently.
Yea but the whole he belittles her by calling her "bro" is a complete and total made up crock of shit.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:57 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Make your voice heard. You are the consumer. Newspapers exist to serve the public. When they begin to serve an agenda, it can, should and is affecting their business.

First, you want to reach out to Tony Berg, the President and Publisher of the KC Star. He is easily reachable at
tberg@kcstar.com or tonyberg1566@hotmail.com.

Second, you will want to contact Dan Schaub, the Corporate Director of Audience Development at McClatchy. He is easily reachable at dschaub@mcclatchy.com.

Third, you can reach out to Kevin McClatchy, the Chairman of McClatchy. He is easily reachable at kmcclatchy@mcclatchy.com or kmcclatchy@mac.com.

Anyone else to loop into this?
Done.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:57 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Hill didn't enter a plea that maintained his innocence. He entered a guilty plea.

I understand that CP will continue to look for ways around this, because we want to feel better about cheering for him, but those are facts. He admitted that he abused her.
He initially plead not guilty.

Then he ran out of money.

You dummy.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 39
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up