ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>Ruthless People and other great comedies
scho63 11:34 AM 07-03-2019
I just rewatched Ruthless People after 10-15 years and couldn't stop laughing. Bette Midler is an underrated actress/comedian and Danny DeVito is always a riot. If you pay enough attention, you will see "Frankie Carbone" of the movie Goodfellas in a scene.

Highly recommend.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is also great. (Just rewatched as well)

What About Bob?

There are others I'm going through from the 80's early 90s.

Any recommendations? :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 09:17 AM 07-23-2019
A Fish Called Wanda is so good.

REVENGE!!!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:19 PM 07-23-2019
Oh! Oh what. . . . Are you gonna K-k-k-k-k-k-k-ill me? . . . . K-k-k-k-en?!?!?!

- Big thumbs up for NZoner. Good Catch.

EDIT - :-) just saw the trailer, forgot all about the subplot where Ken had several elaborate mechanisms to kill the 'mark' and ends up killing all of their pets instead. . .
[Reply]
TipRoast 03:36 PM 07-23-2019
Volunteers, starring Tom Hanks, is one of my all-time favorites. It also features John Candy as "Tom Tuttle From Tacoma."

[Reply]
Otter 04:28 PM 07-23-2019
If you like raunchy comedies "Waiting" is highly underrated. If you've ever worked in the service industry it's that much better.
Attached: Capture.GIF (85.1 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 07:07 AM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
If you like raunchy comedies "Waiting" is highly underrated. If you've ever worked in the service industry it's that much better.
I like Ryan Reynolds as a comedian and I'm going to watch this.

Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 07:17 AM 07-24-2019
I stumbled upon "Waiting" randomly late one weekend night on Netflix years and years ago. It was awesome.

the foul mouthed chick who used to be on Beakman's World and who played Frank's prostitute in IASIP was great.
[Reply]
scho63 07:27 PM 07-24-2019
I'm 45 minutes into this and I'm not sure I laughed yet.....:-)

Not good at all.....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:53 PM 07-24-2019
Just occurred to me, has anyone mentioned Big Trouble in Little China?

An absolute gem, a cult favorite, but often overlooked.

I don't think there has been anything quite like it since. It's all over the map, like if you mashed up Indiana Jones, The Last Dragon, The Marx Brothers, The Coen Brothers and Kung Fu Hustle.

You'll laugh, you'll roll your eyes at the cheese, you'll laugh again, and then you'll cheer.

[Reply]
scho63 06:38 AM 07-25-2019
It got mildly funnier the last half and the cursing waitress "Naomi" was the star.

They started with a joke or stereotype and just continued repeating it throughout the film. The two white "wiggers" huffing and getting high all the time got boring real quick.

Ryan Reynolds was so one dimensional, unlike his performance in "Just Friends", one of the funniest movies of that genre.

The pervy stupid boss was too predictable.

It also had a little feeling like the restaurant in the office.

I give it 4 to 5 stars out of 10 :-)
[Reply]
Otter 06:21 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
It got mildly funnier the last half and the cursing waitress "Naomi" was the star.

They started with a joke or stereotype and just continued repeating it throughout the film. The two white "wiggers" huffing and getting high all the time got boring real quick.

Ryan Reynolds was so one dimensional, unlike his performance in "Just Friends", one of the funniest movies of that genre.

The pervy stupid boss was too predictable.

It also had a little feeling like the restaurant in the office.

I give it 4 to 5 stars out of 10 :-)

Sorry, dude. I tried. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 08:16 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh! Oh what. . . . Are you gonna K-k-k-k-k-k-k-ill me? . . . . K-k-k-k-en?!?!?!

- Big thumbs up for NZoner. Good Catch.

EDIT - :-) just saw the trailer, forgot all about the subplot where Ken had several elaborate mechanisms to kill the 'mark' and ends up killing all of their pets instead. . .
:-)

The look of horror on his face when he'd accidentally kill another one.:-)

One of my all time favorites
[Reply]
scho63 08:20 AM 07-26-2019
Sorry, dude. I tried. :-)
No worries at all-we all have different levels of humor. I appreciate and accept all recommendations.

I can't expect everyone to like what I recommend. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:32 AM 07-26-2019
:-)

[Reply]
scho63 05:12 PM 07-26-2019
I'm watching a "Fish Called Wanda". I realize I've never seen the whole thing!

UPDATE: That was FUCKING FANTASTIC and funny as hell! Thanks to whoever first suggested it in this thread
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:12 PM 07-28-2019
Vice Versa is one of my underrated favs from the 80's.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up