ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Media Center>Ruthless People and other great comedies
scho63 11:34 AM 07-03-2019
I just rewatched Ruthless People after 10-15 years and couldn't stop laughing. Bette Midler is an underrated actress/comedian and Danny DeVito is always a riot. If you pay enough attention, you will see "Frankie Carbone" of the movie Goodfellas in a scene.

Highly recommend.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is also great. (Just rewatched as well)

What About Bob?

There are others I'm going through from the 80's early 90s.

Any recommendations? :-)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:05 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Another one of my favorite old comedies is The Man With One Red Shoe. For whatever reason it wasn't very well received, but I love it. Great cast, funny story, plus young Carrie Fisher in leopard spot bikini underwear! What's not to love?
I had completely forgot about that film, I just looked at IMDB and I had given it an 8 out of 10. I see it only did $8 million and cost $16 million. Anything with Dabney Coleman is usually great and that's when Tom Hanks was really funny, before the dramas.

I saw it on HBO a couple of times, but that was in the 80's. I remember the CIA guys, Coleman, were sitting behind a glass wall watching Hanks and various woman. I looked up that blonde, name Lori Singer, she never hit it real big, but did have steady acting jobs. She had dress with the deep back side.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:12 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Fred Willard is still alive
Sorry if it was confusing, but I put a period and then said, Along with Ned Beatty and Fred Willard. They are both still alive.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:58 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I had completely forgot about that film, I just looked at IMDB and I had given it an 8 out of 10. I see it only did $8 million and cost $16 million. Anything with Dabney Coleman is usually great and that's when Tom Hanks was really funny, before the dramas.

I saw it on HBO a couple of times, but that was in the 80's. I remember the CIA guys, Coleman, were sitting behind a glass wall watching Hanks and various woman. I looked up that blonde, name Lori Singer, she never hit it real big, but did have steady acting jobs. She had dress with the deep back side.

Yeah, I really don't get how that wasn't a hit; it's one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies. I liked it more than Big. Jim Belushi and Dabney Coleman in particular were hysterical.

Lori Singer starred opposite Kevin Bacon in Footloose. That was her big movie. Don't recall ever seeing her in anything other than this.

She looked far better in this than Footloose, though. That dress..... goddamn. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:11 PM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I really don't get how that wasn't a hit; it's one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies. I liked it more than Big. Jim Belushi and Dabney Coleman in particular were hysterical.

Lori Singer starred opposite Kevin Bacon in Footloose. That was her big movie. Don't recall ever seeing her in anything other than this.

She looked far better in this than Footloose, though. That dress..... goddamn. :-)
Speaking of an underappreciated favorite and a hot co-star;

[Reply]
scho63 09:06 AM 07-12-2019
Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:39 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Another great one and one of Peter Sellers last movies he made-

Being There

You know UF Gators had a black DB named Chauncey Gardner, I always wondered if he was named after Peter Sellers character. I also really enjoyed Jack Warden as the President, also in Heaven Can Wait as the trainer for Warren Beatty.

My neighbor golf partner was a classmate of Peter Seller's son in the late 70's in college. I just found out last week and was asking him about the guy. He said the fellow was quiet and introvert, had no British accent since he grew up here. I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
[Reply]
scho63 11:44 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I loved Being There, I was looking to record it, have wait until it comes up.
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
[Reply]
underEJ 07:11 PM 07-12-2019
1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:12 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here is the movie in HD for you.

Just make sure you have Malware blocker and Chrome Ad Block enabled. Its a great site

https://www4.fusionmovies.to/film/be...FdlzK/Z2cvtZWe
Thanks, that looks like a good site.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:25 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
1978 but Foul Play is one I often find people haven't seen even though it was popular then. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn.

IMDB blurb- A shy San Francisco librarian and a bumbling cop fall in love as they solve a crime involving albinos, dwarves, and the Catholic Church.

Pretty much says it all!
Dudley Moore steals the show
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:09 AM 07-14-2019
Men at Work
[Reply]
scho63 09:50 AM 07-14-2019
The Hudsucker Proxy starring Paul Newman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Robbins.

That's a movie I can NEVER remember seeing it played on TV as a rerun
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:

Pretty much says it all!
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:12 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Haven’t seen that since I was a kid, but I recall really liking it.

One that I overlooked as a kid and never saw was ‘Seems like Old Times’.

Watched it recently and it’s really good. Charles Grodin was excellent in anything he did. the Chase/Grodin/Goldie Hawn trifecta is perfect.

https://youtu.be/quGmWh-sqhE
I was going to list this. I like “Seems Like Old Times” better than Foul Play. It’s a great movie.

Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:15 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Have you seen The In-Laws with Alan Arkin and Peter Faulk? That is a truly funny movie. Lots of great lines in it.
That's another excellent choice of a largely forgotten movie.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up