ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 301
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Jerok 04:53 PM 07-23-2019
No one is trading Whit for Lopez and Phillip's.
Moose was a 1 year deal and wasn't as good as Whit.

Singer, Pratto, and Garabito is more like it, and if you can get a few teams offering that package you may be able to upgrade a bit. As GM I would ask myself if a division title is viable in 2021, if not I got for it.
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:59 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why be pissed? We aren't competitive. So having Whit on the team has virtually no value. You trade him with whatever you can get, this year or last. Whoever the higher bidder is. If that is a shitty return, so be it. Why keep good players on a losing team?

I get why the owner would want to keep Whit. Ticket sales. But as a fan? There is absolutely no point.
This is a horrible take. Let's trade Whit even if we get shitty players in return. Good Lord...
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:01 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Only dipshits like you keep harping about trading Merrfield. If some team makes an over the top offer they will trade him, if not he is cheap and signed up long term.
I've hardly brought it up dumb fuck. Kindly go swallow some lead.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:52 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I've hardly brought it up dumb fuck. Kindly go swallow some lead.
He's a fish?
[Reply]
carcosa 06:21 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Why would you be pissed? Isn't he signed cheap for a few more years?
His value will never be higher and the team will not be good by the end of his contract
[Reply]
carcosa 06:26 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Ben Zobrist helped us win a World Series at 34 years old. He hit .300 with an 800 OPS last year at 37 years old. I've yet to hear anyone make any kind of compelling argument as to why Whit is going to fall off a cliff in two years.

It's certainly possible, and his SB totals are 100% going to go down, but the guy is a hitting machine with a top-shelf eye at the plate. He's not a power hitter whose power is going to be sapped as he ages.

I loved the Moose trade, but if you get a Phillips/Lopez type return for Whit you've totally blown it. Teams like the Yankees and Dodgers have shown zero desire to trade top prospects. What can you do? You have to get a Lucas Giolito type prospect back.
I'm sure Whit will age well but I would rather not wait until his trade value inevitably goes down before getting something for him. If Dayton is worth a shit, he'll be able to lean on a fringe contender with a deep farm system to give up some top prospects.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:45 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
This is a horrible take. Let's trade Whit even if we get shitty players in return. Good Lord...
No not really. You get what you get based on the market. Keeping a player for no reason just because of pride when you are going to be horrible is a terrible take.

Whit has a 2-3 more real productive years left. We are not likely to be competitive or at least a threat to win a World Series especially with the horrible year of for our offensive milb prospects. An argument could even be made that if MLB banned trades today, that releasing him outright could be a better option to give your team room for young guys to develop.

Keeping him and losing 90 games+ for the next two years while getting nothing in return is horrible. He has years of control, his value will never be higher. Beggars can't be choosers. Unload his ass.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:09 PM 07-23-2019
Jesus Christ. Gordon just smoked that one off Kuechel. Wow
[Reply]
tk13 07:10 PM 07-23-2019
Gordon just about darn near hit that one out of the stadium. Or at least over that bar in RF. Yikes.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:23 PM 07-23-2019
Kuechel with 12 K’s thru 6, and Duffy with 11. Wild
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:24 PM 07-23-2019
Was that an immaculate inning?

EDIT: Nope, he missed by 1 pitch.
[Reply]
kstater 07:53 PM 07-23-2019
Lucas fuckin* Duda

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:24 PM 07-23-2019
wild card
wild card
wild card
wild card
wild card
wild card
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:34 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No not really. You get what you get based on the market. Keeping a player for no reason just because of pride when you are going to be horrible is a terrible take.

Whit has a 2-3 more real productive years left. We are not likely to be competitive or at least a threat to win a World Series especially with the horrible year of for our offensive milb prospects. An argument could even be made that if MLB banned trades today, that releasing him outright could be a better option to give your team room for young guys to develop.

Keeping him and losing 90 games+ for the next two years while getting nothing in return is horrible. He has years of control, his value will never be higher. Beggars can't be choosers. Unload his ass.

There’s no point in trading good, cheap, controlled players for scratchers tickets.

If the best return you’re getting offered currently is a package built around a single top 100 guy, that’s a package you can get in the offseason or at the deadline next year or for two years of control the following offseason.

Selling for whatever you can get, no matter what, is just dumb.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:43 PM 07-23-2019
I hope Kennedy dies.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 301
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 > Last »
Up