ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 204 of 386
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 01:11 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
"Become"?

:-)

This show has always been about dialogue and character/story development.

There's plenty of shows that cater to your type, and i'm glad GoT isn't one of them.
My type? lol

This show was about shock value....and cool shit happening. None of which seem to happen anymore.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:26 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
My type? lol

This show was about shock value....and cool shit happening. None of which seem to happen anymore.
They're probably going to kill off half the fucking cast in the next episode - what more do you need - the dragons to be transformers? :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:35 PM 04-22-2019
This show has become a snooze fest.

They should have condensed it and ended it in season 5 or 6.

It's almost all talk now, literally...almost nothing happens.

Big fan of Transformers/Michael Bay, I'm guessing? :-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:39 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They're probably going to kill off half the fucking cast in the next episode - what more do you need - the dragons to be transformers? :-)
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Big fan of Transformers/Michael Bay, I'm guessing? :-)

:-)
[Reply]
otherstar 01:49 PM 04-22-2019
This show has become a snooze fest.

They should have condensed it and ended it in season 5 or 6.

It's almost all talk now, literally...almost nothing happens.
Have you even watched the any of the first 5 seasons? There are LOTS of episodes that are almost all talk.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:01 PM 04-22-2019
My type? lol

You should stop watching now. Next episode will probably be an hour and twenty minutes of dialogue. Seriously though, only people who don't care a lick about the characters would have your view.

I mean we have been following a lot of really good and interesting characters for 7 seasons now. They finally have all gathered at Winterfell, and you just want to what, skip all the reunions and talks and character development to get on with the battle already? That's just a terrible take and would be a real disservice to a lot of awesome characters. I thought this was a great episode, especially Tormund's tale of how he got his name, Theon's reunion with Sansa, and Brienne being knighted by Jaime. Great stuff! It will hurt all that much more when they all start dying next week.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 04-22-2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 04-22-2019
Tyrion before talking with Bran. "We're going to die in Winterfell."

Tyrion after talking with Bran. "We're going to come out of this alive."
[Reply]
Pogue 02:53 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Popular theory is that the Night King is headed to Kings Landing with zombie Viserion to rape faces.

That would seem to make sense given the number of episodes left.
I was wondering why the Night King wasn’t shown at the end of episode 2 here. Strategically that makes sense, go straight to Kings Landing to acquire more dead army soldiers to supply for an attack on Winterfell from the south.

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:57 PM 04-22-2019
Who is between Theon and Brienne?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:04 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Who is between Theon and Brienne?
Alys Karstark
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:04 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Popular theory is that the Night King is headed to Kings Landing with zombie Viserion to rape faces.

That would seem to make sense given the number of episodes left.
everytime we are shown the army of the dead, the Night King is leading them. Maybe he’s a little behind the forces and swoops in on his dragon early on before the battle starts.

And all those ice lances meant for Denerys dragons?

and where are all the Dothraki hordes? We see the Kings Guard but no shots of the Dorthraki camped out? Why? Are they planning some flank attack during the battle?

I think there is some kind of curve ball coming. Don’t want to know spoilers at this point but like Daface says, 3 episodes left after the battle for Winterfell something is going to happen other than this huge battle in episode 3.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:33 PM 04-22-2019
Definitely a curveball coming. The director for this coming episode also directed Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome. Two of the most epic episodes in the series, so we’re in for some serious shit in episode three but he’s also directing episode 5, leading me to believe there would be a second and final battle.

Remaining episode run times:

Episode three – 82 minutes
Episode four – 78 minutes
Episode five – 79 minutes
Episode six – 79 minutes
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:54 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Definitely a curveball coming. The director for this coming episode also directed Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome. Two of the most epic episodes in the series, so we’re in for some serious shit in episode three but he’s also directing episode 5, leading me to believe there would be a second and final battle.

Remaining episode run times:

Episode three – 82 minutes
Episode four – 78 minutes
Episode five – 79 minutes
Episode six – 79 minutes
exactly. And it would make sense. Whatever happens in episode3, the aftermath is dealt with in episode 4 and priming up for episode 5. Whatever and who that final battle is between? Who knows? I can wait two weeks to find out. Then episode 6 is how they leave all these people and Westeros forever. Until they make a movie.....
[Reply]
otherstar 04-22-2019, 04:30 PM
This message has been deleted by otherstar.
CupidStunt 04:37 PM 04-22-2019
I have a billion thoughts but here's 3:

1) Like everyone else I'm sad at the prospect of so many fave characters dying, but I'm so happy I've only read the first 3 books. As soon as the show ends I will read books 4 and 5. Then there's 6 and 7 ... some day, perhaps. When I'm in a rocking chair. I'm 32 now.

2) No way the NK is defeated in ep 3. Not a chance. Just think about all the teasers, all the promo material. Heck, I had become convinced the entire season would revolve around the living vs the dead and nothing about the Throne. I've adjusted that a little. Currently I think it might go: ep 3 battle, things looking BAD for the living; ep 4 some aftermath/story clean-up, ep 5 battle and the magic happens, the living wins, ep 6 the throne and final story payoff.

3) I get that a lot happened, but I'm surprised how little discussion/speculation has come from Dany's reaction to Jon's news. At least on Reddit, I haven't read every page of this thread.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 386
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Up