ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>New Tool
Third Eye 03:56 PM 05-10-2019
I know there's a pretty large contingent of Tool fans here so I figured I'd share in case people were still in the dark. After a longer wait than the Winds of Winter, the new album will drop 8/30. They've been playing a couple new songs live, Invincible and Descending. Bootlegs are below. The sound quality is pretty decent for audience recordings, but you do have to deal with a considerable amount of stupid people chatter in Descending.




[Reply]
MTG#10 03:46 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I haven't gotten around to listening to the new tool yet.

I never get into new albums. Like Alice in Chains newest album wasn't bad or anything but it just didn't have the same feel to it and neither did Soundgardens. Again, they were decent albums but it just wasn't the same. I've been hesitating on listening to this for that reason.
This one feels like it came out around the same time as their older ones. They still have the same sound; listening to it is almost nostalgic, kind of makes me feel young again.
[Reply]
Bump 05:42 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
This one feels like it came out around the same time as their older ones. They still have the same sound; listening to it is almost nostalgic, kind of makes me feel young again.
cool I'm gonna give it a listen
[Reply]
Taco John 05:15 PM 08-31-2019
Five Stars.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:53 PM 09-01-2019
Invincible is probably my favorite song off of this album, followed by Fear Inoculum.

I'm a little disappointed though that of the ten tracks there are four filler non-song tracks.
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:27 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Invincible is probably my favorite song off of this album, followed by Fear Inoculum.

I'm a little disappointed though that of the ten tracks there are four filler non-song tracks.
Bruh. Even if you count CC Trip as filler, there is still 75 minutes of non-filler. Itís the most non-filler album theyíve released. What the fuck more could you want?
[Reply]
hometeam 05:05 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Bruh. Even if you count CC Trip as filler, there is still 75 minutes of non-filler. Itís the most non-filler album theyíve released. What the **** more could you want?
4 more non filler tracks. That would do it
[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:27 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Invincible is probably my favorite song off of this album, followed by Fear Inoculum.

I'm a little disappointed though that of the ten tracks there are four filler non-song tracks.
Yeah, there shouldíve been one or two more tracks. Even if they were just instrumental.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09-02-2019, 09:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Third Eye.
Third Eye 09:07 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
4 more non filler tracks. That would do it
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Yeah, there shouldíve been one or two more tracks. Even if they were just instrumental.
The filler tracks didnít even fit on the fucking CD. So youíre argument is that they shouldíve done a double album then.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:16 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
The filler tracks didnít even fit on the ****ing CD. So youíre argument is that they shouldíve done a double album then.
This. This album has more music than any of their previous. I remember reading an interview with Danny Carey long before the album came out that people would probably complain because the songs are so long that they could only fit a limited number on a CD. He was right, cant please everyone I guess.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:55 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:

I'm a little disappointed though that of the ten tracks there are four filler non-song tracks.
Instrumentals are not filler by default.

Part of me wishes they had the balls to do something like Pink Floyd did with Meddle and Echoes...

Originally Posted by :
It was written in 1970 by all four members of the group. Containing several extended instrumental passages, largely ambient sound effects, and musical improvisation, the track has a running time of 23:31 and comprises the entire second side of the vinyl and cassette recordings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoes_(Pink_Floyd_song)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:07 AM 09-03-2019
Awesome album. 7empest, Fear Inoculum, and Descending are my go-to tracks.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:09 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
This one feels like it came out around the same time as their older ones. They still have the same sound; listening to it is almost nostalgic, kind of makes me feel young again.
This. So much so, that I began to wonder if those obviously-tool-sounding rifts are contractually mandated. It is glorious.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:39 AM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
The filler tracks didn’t even fit on the ****ing CD. So you’re argument is that they should’ve done a double album then.
I mean, everything is digital now, so sure, if thats the case, for the physical copy, then fine, but length of the album is inconsequential to me. I would prefer the noise tracks be actual songs. CCT is cool, i dont dislike it, but I just prefer a more fleshed out track.

I am not sure why you are so mega butthurt. I know you have a TOOL inspired username, so your probably some TOOL Stan... I get it.. I am not saying anything negative about the album.. its great, Danny and Maynard are the GOATs, and we are blessed as fans that they are together. They rock, they are my favorite band of all time...

But..


[Reply]
Third Eye 12:17 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I mean, everything is digital now, so sure, if thats the case, for the physical copy, then fine, but length of the album is inconsequential to me. I would prefer the noise tracks be actual songs. CCT is cool, i dont dislike it, but I just prefer a more fleshed out track.

I am not sure why you are so mega butthurt. I know you have a TOOL inspired username, so your probably some TOOL Stan... I get it.. I am not saying anything negative about the album.. its great, Danny and Maynard are the GOATs, and we are blessed as fans that they are together. They rock, they are my favorite band of all time...

But..

Iím 42. I donít Stan anything. Hell, I only learned what that means a week ago or so. But no, Iím not some fanboy. Hell, Tool isnít even my favorite band and the Username isnít really inspired by them either. I am a fan though, donít get me wrong.

I donít really see how Iím being butthurt about it, maybe thatís just the written word. I think your argument is ridiculous, but Iím certainly not hurt by it. If you came in and said you hated the album, Iíd be fine with that. If you came in and said you hated the album because of the font that was used, Iíd have a problem with that.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:46 PM 09-04-2019
This album seems to have a lot more of the ambient sounds and less of the chunk metal riffs. I prefer more of the latter. Still, it is a decent album and it is Tool.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up