ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:22 PM 11-17-2015
If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 06:42 PM 11-17-2015
There's a new LG that just came out called the v10 that's very nice. I have the Samsung s6 edge plus which is the best phone I've ever had. All the newer Samsungs got rid of the removable battery and storage but it hasn't really affected me coming from a Note 4 really. The battery is very good and it has rapid charging
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:02 PM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).
Is this the same thing?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/smart...oogle-nexus-6/
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 07:16 PM 11-17-2015
No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 PM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked
Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.
[Reply]
kepp 08:03 AM 11-18-2015
Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.
Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:09 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.
The new Nexus phones work with all U. S. carriers. The old ones were (mostly) carrier specific.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:18 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
I want the new Blackberry Priv. Looks like an Android with a physical keyboard
Blackberry is still around? I genuinely had no idea.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:02 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Time to upgrade again. This time I'll likely be dumping Sprint for Verizon.

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

Any others I should look into?
If I was on Verizon I would upgrade to a Moto X Play (it's called a Droid something on Verizon). The Moto X with the 615 chip but a huge battery.

I would have upgraded from my LG G2 to that if it worked on AT&T's network but Verizon and Motorola have some kind of stupid ass relationship that the Droids are clones of other Motorola phones which wont be released to work on other US carrier frequencies.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:01 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I thought they were pretty much dead.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:44 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Yeah, I thought they were pretty much dead.
Note that that phone is running Android. They've all but thrown in the towel on the Blackberry OS but are giving it a go as a hardware manufacturer. If you are the type that loves the physical keyboard, it's not a bad option.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 10:50 AM 11-19-2015
Note that that phone is running Android. They've all but thrown in the towel on the Blackberry OS but are giving it a go as a hardware manufacturer. If you are the type that loves the physical keyboard, it's not a bad option.
I do miss the physical keyboard. The original Droid I had about 6 years ago was one of the best phones I've ever had.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:12 PM 11-19-2015
I've got an s6, active.

It's awesome
[Reply]
Jerm 08:45 AM 11-20-2015
Upgraded last night to the 6S+...this is my first phone on the larger side, damn I love it. Can't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone now.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:11 AM 11-20-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Upgraded last night to the 6S+...this is my first phone on the larger side, damn I love it. Can't see myself ever going back to a smaller phone now.
Yeah, 3 yrs ago I had a Note 2, then a Note 3 a year later. I now have an S4.

SO over the large screen phone.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Up