Page 122 of 298
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:04 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That Justin Houston covering Antonio Brown play was fucking dumb as hell, but there was at least reasoning for it. Extremely "creative" blitz that failed.

What in the fuck was the reasoning for that alignment?
Trying to wrap my head around it myself. Had there actually been a NT in front of Hitchens, it would have looked to been a good play call IF the defensive line and OLBs were in a 1-gap press. I can't, for the life of me, find any way to defend Sutton on that one. That's idiotic at best. I'm not sure you could run that defense against anything short of 3rd and 20. An inside draw would eat up at least 10 yards every time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:05 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Dunno if this has already been posted but... forward to the 10th second and pause lol.

This marks the week I gave up all hope in Bob. Some of the shit he's doing is almost unreal.
Yeah, like I said - I've defended him this season as I think he's done a generally good job calling games.

But this week was really really bad and the more tape on it we see, the more obvious that has become.

THIS is the kind of game that calls for putting Sutton on the hot seat. The reason I haven't is because I think this game has largely been a rarity. But man alive did he get smoked on Sunday.

For the record - I'd give you even money that the reason he lined up in that formation was James White. I think Sutton is well aware (as most of us are) that his ILB's have no chance in hell of covering White in space and if he'd have gone out there in a look that closed up the middle, Brady simply kills into a pass play that gives White the ball in space so he could pick up the easy 1st down there.

But man, at least close your splits a bit. The dime package doesn't bother me much with White on the field because like I said - we can't cover him with any of our linebackers. But you can't just give him easy money up the gut like that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:08 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He was expecting a pass, obviously. :-)

I'm guessing Brady saw that and laughed internally as he checked into a run.
Exactly.

He saw #28 in the huddle, knew he had to pick his poison and hoped that Brady wouldn't have the confidence in White to run between the tackles to change to a run.

I think he seriously overcorrected there, but I think White and his ungodly stiff ILBs are the reason he went out there with the package he did.

I cannot, cannot, CANNOT overstate how badly the play by our interior linebackers is killing this defense. It's as bad a unit as any unit I have ever seen, up to and including some of those abysmal OL's we had in the Sackintosh era. If it's scheme, change it. If it's players, change them. Something absolutely has to be done because this is officially untenable.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:08 PM 10-17-2018

Obviously wasn't Don Martindale... Or about 85% of the league's coordinators that are maintaining defenses on par with the past several seasons in terms of yardage.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:18 PM 10-17-2018
He was expecting a pass, obviously. :-)

I'm guessing Brady saw that and laughed internally as he checked into a run.
This. FUCKING THIS!!!!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:19 PM 10-17-2018
Even the Ravens will get shredded by NO and KC...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:20 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
This. FUCKING THIS!!!!
Let's be fair - Brady laughed internally everytime he saw Hitchens or Ragland on the field.

The fact that Hitchens was out there in our Dime formation demonstrates just how mis-cast he is in this defense. These guys genuinely believe he's a 3 down linebacker and I just don't see a way to credibly make that case at this point.

That was a bad call from Sutton but I'll be damned if I can find a good one.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:21 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Even the Ravens will get shredded by NO and KC...
Imagine if we worked on perfecting the art of drawing DPI and DH calls? Oh, and the pick play too! Wow!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:23 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Let's be fair - Brady laughed internally everytime he saw Hitchens or Ragland on the field.

The fact that Hitchens was out there in our Dime formation demonstrates just how mis-cast he is in this defense. These guys genuinely believe he's a 3 down linebacker and I just don't see a way to credibly make that case at this point.

That was a bad call from Sutton but I'll be damned if I can find a good one.

[Reply]
RunKC 04:32 PM 10-17-2018

There is no such thing as an elite defense in the NFL anymore. Those days are over.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 10-17-2018

Good thing this defense generates turnovers...oh wait...
[Reply]
stevieray 04:43 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There is no such thing as an elite defense in the NFL anymore. Those days are over.
I don't know if it's true, but supposedly more points and TD's just six games in, than a full season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:53 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I don't know if it's true, but supposedly more points and TD's just six games in, than a full season.
No, it's not true. Definitely hyperbole.

This season is on pace to shatter nearly ever record for scoring, TDs, etc. though.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:02 PM 10-17-2018
Maybe Anthony Hitchens really is that stupid? As soon as Brady audibled, he should’ve changed the allignment and lined up to stop the run.

That’s not on Bob.

Once again it’s the player. And that’s embarrassingly bad for Hitchens.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:07 PM 10-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Maybe Anthony Hitchens really is that stupid? As soon as Brady audibled, he should’ve changed the allignment and lined up to stop the run.

That’s not on Bob.

Once again it’s the player. And that’s embarrassingly bad for Hitchens.
:-) Yeah, because lining Hitchens up as the NT to begin with was such a good idea. How fucking dare Hitchens not recognize it and try to move Ford and Speaks to stop the run.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 298
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up