ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Terminator: Dark Fate
Sure-Oz 07:09 AM 05-23-2019
Teaser trailer....this is supposed to ignore any movies after T2. I'm cautiously optimistic with Hamilton and Cameron involved. Heard this is some of the 10 min footage from cinemacon where the cgi isn't finished yet.

@Terminator: Welcome to the day after Judgment Day. Producer James Cameron returns with director Tim Miller for #TerminatorDarkFate. In theatres 11.1.19. Watch the official trailer now. https://twitter.com/Terminator/statu...846144/video/1

https://youtu.be/jCyEX6u-Yhs
[Reply]
Frazod 10:12 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Which effects? The terminators practical.
The liquid metal effects certainly weren't.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:06 PM 10-23-2019
68% on RT on 68 reviews so far. Keep hearing 1&2 are in a league of their own but this a worthy reboot/sequel and Linda Hamilton is great. Being a Terminator fan I'm going to see it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:13 PM 10-23-2019
Read a few reviews earlier. Basically said it was a re-tread of the original movie. But a very well made re-tread. Both gave it positive reviews.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:24 PM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Read a few reviews earlier. Basically said it was a re-tread of the original movie. But a very well made re-tread. Both gave it positive reviews.
Saw some reviews that compared the style to force awakens. Also saw some tweets saying it's the best movie since T2 or it's the best T3 is backhanded and doesn't do it justice on it's own. I'm excited to see it.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 03:17 PM 10-24-2019
This looks... uninteresting. Hope it's good.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:57 PM 10-31-2019
Comes out tomorrow. 70% on 164 reviews on RT. I keep hearing good things. I'll probably see it in the next week or two.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Didn't know about a trailer, but read a blurb earlier that Cameron is ready to start a new trilogy if Dark Fate is successful.
Yeah, read something similar that he's finishing up all the Avatar movie sequels.Looking at doing a Terminator trilogy as the next project including directing the first one.
[Reply]
MelGrif 08:34 AM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
This looks... uninteresting. Hope it's good.
I have the same feelings. But I also hope for the better :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:56 PM 11-01-2019
First 20 minute spoiler:

Spoiler!

Haven't seen it, but the vibes I get from this is the "Ghostbusters" treatment being given to the Terminator franchise. I realize this sounds a big red-pilly but my interest has dropped to nil on it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:45 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
First 20 minute spoiler:

Spoiler!

Haven't seen it, but the vibes I get from this is the "Ghostbusters" treatment being given to the Terminator franchise. I realize this sounds a big red-pilly but my interest has dropped to nil on it.
TheY weren't heavy handed like Girl Ghostbusters. It had an Ellen Ripley Aliens type of command to the female leads and Arnold kicked ass too
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
First 20 minute spoiler:

Spoiler!

:-) What a load of BS. This wasnt some PC movie. Where do people get that idea? There is no politics in this movie.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
TheY weren't heavy handed like Girl Ghostbusters. It had an Ellen Ripley Aliens type of command to the female leads and Arnold kicked ass too
Exactly. Sarah Conner has been a bad ass for 30+ years. Was that some PC woke shit? Geeez I hate it when people bring their political views and stamp it onto a movie.

The terminator just looks like everyone else too, not a Arnold type. Strength, fortitude and leadership doesn't have to be in the body of a white 6'4" blonde, blue eyed former naval seal.

I thought it was the best Terminator movie since the originals. Seemed to be a reboot. Great action sequences. Looks like they tried to put some real life stunts inside the CGI. You can definitely see some traditional James Cameron type of movie making in the movie.

I hope it does well and Cameron takes the lead on the next one. The guy almost always delivers a good movie.
[Reply]
srvy 11:43 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Exactly. Sarah Conner has been a bad ass for 30+ years. Was that some PC woke shit? Geeez I hate it when people bring their political views and stamp it onto a movie.

The terminator just looks like everyone else too, not a Arnold type. Strength, fortitude and leadership doesn't have to be in the body of a white 6'4" blonde, blue eyed former naval seal.

I thought it was the best Terminator movie since the originals. Seemed to be a reboot. Great action sequences. Looks like they tried to put some real life stunts inside the CGI. You can definitely see some traditional James Cameron type of movie making in the movie.

I hope it does well and Cameron takes the lead on the next one. The guy almost always delivers a good movie.
The average SEAL is 175lb 5'10" they dont give info on eye or hair color but sounds like you are thinking Hitler youth.

Whar I am reading is the film has been terminated on the opening box office of a paltry 11 million. That tells me it has very little interest from fans who have been burned with this franchise recently.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#1851c5cd5a3e
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:34 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
The average SEAL is 175lb 5'10" they dont give info on eye or hair color but sounds like you are thinking Hitler youth.

Whar I am reading is the film has been terminated on the opening box office of a paltry 11 million. That tells me it has very little interest from fans who have been burned with this franchise recently.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#1851c5cd5a3e
I worked at SOCOM along side them for 4 years. I think I know their average size. It was hyperbole for crissakes.

Yeah, people have been burned by shit Terminator sequels. This will be a word of mouth hit or fall by the wayside quickly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:35 PM 11-02-2019
It’s earned the title of #3 in the franchise, IMO... theres just enough of that old magic to place it there

Hamilton owned it, the action was WAY over the top yet still very well done, and the original Terminator was eventually domesticated lol... this was rock solid popcorn fare

4 of 5
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up