ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN: Projecting future Hall of Famers for all 32 NFL teams
Tribal Warfare 02:52 PM 08-05-2020

Projecting future Hall of Famers for all 32 NFL teams, via @billbarnwell.https://t.co/qnKMEAzGKO

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 5, 2020

Kansas City Chiefs

Lock (100%): QB Patrick Mahomes. I addressed this in my MVP column in July. Mahomes' résumé -- a league MVP and Super Bowl MVP -- is usually enough to get a player into the Hall of Fame, let alone doing it over two seasons as a starter.

Likely (70% to 99%): WR Tyreek Hill, TE Travis Kelce. It might seem surprising to put Hill this high, but he has made it to four Pro Bowls and been a first-team All-Pro twice across his first four seasons. All seven players who did that and who are eligible for the Hall are in, and the list of ineligible guys includes Hill, Patrick Willis, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Patrick Peterson, Zack Martin and Aaron Donald. Everyone but Hill is either a lock or extremely likely to make it in. Hill's game still relies on speed, so he could be more susceptible to a career shortened by injuries than most other candidates, but if he gets three more seasons with Mahomes, he's probably in.

Kelce is difficult to judge because tight ends aren't well represented in the Hall. Just nine tight ends are enshrined, and Kelce's game leans more toward receiving than any of them. At the same time, no tight end in history has more than four 1,000-yard seasons over their respective careers, and Kelce has just run off four consecutive 1,000-yard campaigns. Like Hill, if Kelce gets three more seasons with Mahomes, I think he's a Hall of Famer.

Work to do (10% to 39%): S Tyrann Mathieu. The Defensive Player of the Year candidate was named a first-team All-Pro in 2015 and 2019, but he hasn't received any other nominations across his other five pro seasons. Mathieu is a great player and just turned 28, so he still has plenty of time, but he probably needs four or five more Pro Bowl seasons or a DPOY victory to really get in the discussion.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:18 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:

via GIPHY

:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:18 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Baseball has the ten year playing minimum to be eligible for the hall. Does football have any such restriction? I genuinely do not know.
I don’t think so.

Terrell Davis and Jim Brown come to mind.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:20 PM 11-30-2020
If Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers are in, then Mahomes would definitely have a strong case. Personally, I'm a big fan of the peak argument over longevity, but even I wouldn't want Patrick to get in if he called it quits today. At some point, you just need a better resume.

He would instantly become the greatest "What if.." candidate though.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:28 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
just keep alex off the ring

we want winners
ALEX SMITH SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ARROWHEAD FOR LIFE!!!!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Baseball has the ten year playing minimum to be eligible for the hall. Does football have any such restriction? I genuinely do not know.

NFL is 5 years after retirement is the only requirement.

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroe...of-famer-faqs/
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:35 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
ALEX SMITH SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ARROWHEAD FOR LIFE!!!!!

He could be playing there next season.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:50 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He could be playing there next season.
I WILL KEEP HIM OUT
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
If Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers are in, then Mahomes would definitely have a strong case. Personally, I'm a big fan of the peak argument over longevity, but even I wouldn't want Patrick to get in if he called it quits today. At some point, you just need a better resume.

He would instantly become the greatest "What if.." candidate though.

Sayers was in 68 games.

Davis was in 78 games.

Jamal Charles was in 119 games.

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:23 PM 12-01-2020
If Alex can hand PIT their first loss of the season he should have the banner raised in the Ring. Just sayin'.:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:27 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Sayers was in 68 games.

Davis was in 78 games.

Jamal Charles was in 119 games.

Davis had 248 more carries than Charles in 41 fewer games. Talk about running someone into the ground.

I really wish we could’ve seen Charles in a great offense. Just imagine that dude with legitimate threats around him (like this year) or a great run blocking OL (like 2003).
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:29 PM 12-01-2020
Sucks. If Jamaal Charles had just been able to stay healthy in just one other season, then there is a high likely hood he gets in.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:37 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Sucks. If Jamaal Charles had just been able to stay healthy in just one other season, then there is a high likely hood he gets in.
The 2011 season really hurt him.
[Reply]
tylerpalko 04:43 PM 12-01-2020
I think kelce gets in no questions asked.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:16 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Is Patrick in Canton as of today?

Let’s say he held a presser tomorrow where he quit and said: “I’m bored dominating the NFL. Too boring. I’m going back to Texas to be a cattle rancher.” Would he be in? I don’t think he would but you can disagree.

Terrell Davis played like two years and got in the HOF
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up