ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2484 of 4893
« First < 1484198423842434247424802481248224832484 248524862487248824942534258429843484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Really? Based on what?

Because the interview stuff I saw with Kyler wouldn't have me follow him into a convenience store, let alone battle.

That kid has BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST written all over him. He comes off dumb as a rock and with the personality of a ramen noodle.
He had total shit for weapons last year until they got Drake. I love Fitzgerald. He is one of 2 or 3 non-Chiefs players that I’d consider buying their jersey, but he’s not what he was. Christian Kirk is...okay?

Murray had 24 total TD’s with basically the same players that Rosen looked awful with. That says a lot. And yeah his interview was awful, but have you heard a Lamar Jackson interview and not felt the same way? That guy can’t even put sentences together very well.

Drake was a big add for that kid and Hopkins will help him immensely. I’d be surprised if Kyler didn’t have 30 total TD’s. Surely Hopkins is worth 6 TD’s.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have no idea what Lock will be like as a pro, but QBs can make huge leaps at the pro level. Brady certainly wasn't clutch as a college QB, or Brees, etc. Wilson wasn't really known as "clutch" either.

What I saw from Lock last year was a QB with potential. No one is ever going to compare to Mahomes, but Lock has more potential to be a top 15 QB than the other bums Denver has been trotting out there since Manning.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yeah.

I think he'll be decent. Like I said elsewhere, Cousins with more arm.

but you're in a division with Mahomes.

Good luck.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 PM 05-14-2020
And I'm not talking about a little 'unpolished'. I mean, Jackson's unpolished. I'm talking about Murray comes off as fucking mentally handicapped. Like an idiot. And with the personality of a shoe.

That is NOT a leader of men.

That ain't getting it done.

He's just a JAG. You can't have a guy like that as your leader.
Don't you think with Hopkins and a coach who runs his comfy college system that he would at least end up being better than Jameis Winston (comparing #1 overall picks and all).

I'm not going to mention Baker because I know what a shitstorm that will cause.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:01 PM 05-14-2020
Yeah.

Good luck.
I think he may end up being a slightly better Carr. Carr, Lock, and Herbert are always going to be considered 2nd tier at best, because they play in the same division with Mahomes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
They wish he was Brett Farve...I saw a ton of games with both Cutler and Farve during their careers.

Lock is closer to Cutler...Farve would win games by simply by saying "**** it"...Cutler would lose games by saying the same thing.

You are either clutch are you arent...this is where Mahomes reminds me of Farve the most. Packers were never out of a game when he was their QB...
Kirk Cousins. I think that’s the type of QB he’ll be. Granted he’s more naturally talented, but he’ll provide what Cousins does.

He’ll put up stats with his quality weapons, something Kirk Cousins-ish like 28 TD’s/12 INT’s. Their fans will get excited and then when it matters he’ll fail.

The kid got killed bc of pressure at MU and it translated that way to the league. Him struggling under pressure reminds me of Cousins and Carr always ****ing up bc they get scared, whereas Mahomes excels in those situations.

He isn’t going to suck IMO. He’ll be “good” but that’s the key. “Good” will mean he isn’t good enough to beat Mahomes when it matter and “good” means you have to pay him, and we all know how that goes. It’s purgatory.

That’s what we want. We want them to be in a Dak/Dallas situation in 2 years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:07 PM 05-14-2020
Really? Based on what?

Because the interview stuff I saw with Kyler wouldn't have me follow him into a convenience store, let alone battle.

That kid has BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST written all over him. He comes off dumb as a rock and with the personality of a ramen noodle.
How Kyler interviews isn't really a good metric for what kind of player he is. He has the skills to be a pretty good NFL QB. And his football IQ is pretty high, judging by his play in the 2nd half of the season last year. Also, his teammates respond very well to him, his interviewing skills notwithstanding.

He can't keep taking 40 sacks a season though. He needs better protection. I did note that AZ didn't really address the OL in the draft though, so we'll see how he fares in 2020. But I don't doubt that if he had a decent OL, say like the Raiders OL, he'd compare favorably as a mid-tier QB, maybe better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:08 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He had total shit for weapons last year until they got Drake. I love Fitzgerald. He is one of 2 or 3 non-Chiefs players that I’d consider buying their jersey, but he’s not what he was. Christian Kirk is...okay?

Murray had 24 total TD’s with basically the same players that Rosen looked awful with. That says a lot. And yeah his interview was awful, but have you heard a Lamar Jackson interview and not felt the same way? That guy can’t even put sentences together very well.

Drake was a big add for that kid and Hopkins will help him immensely. I’d be surprised if Kyler didn’t have 30 total TD’s. Surely Hopkins is worth 6 TD’s.
I kind of doubt it. It was a 'flash' system if you will. First look at that in the NFL. I have questions as to whether that's going to fly long-term anyway; at least not without some pretty major tweaks.

And Lamar doesn't exactly strike me as a sharp knife in the drawer either, no. And in the same way, I do not worry that we'll lose to Baltimore in the play-offs. We just won't. We're too good overall and Mahomes is too good.

Murray? He just seems like mini-Lamar, without the arm strength. That shit's not going to work without the ability to read defenses and deliver the ball on schedule.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:54 PM 05-14-2020
Yeah.

Good luck.
And Reid......Andy has an expert eye for coaching talent/assistants. He is also well liked/respected in the NFL community...unlike Horseface. I'm sure Wade Phillips could chime in ...Manning has issues with him too. Forcing him to take a pay cut once he could no longer use HGH because of new testing protocols.

There is a reason Denver's O-line has sucked for almost a decade...they have inferior coaching. Manning's quick release masked it...after he left....every starting QB has been hurt.
[Reply]
TEX 05:57 AM 05-15-2020
They wish he was Brett Farve...I saw a ton of games with both Cutler and Farve during their careers.

Lock is closer to Cutler...Farve would win games by simply by saying "**** it"...Cutler would lose games by saying the same thing.

You are either clutch are you arent...this is where Mahomes reminds me of Farve the most. Packers were never out of a game when he was their QB...
Yep. Lock is much closee to Cutler. Its laughable those goofs even mentioned Favre as a comparison. You're right, they wish. Mahomes is more of a comparison to Favre than anyone.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:36 AM 05-15-2020
Tex, remember when Slowmo thought Cutler was elite....even naming his username after him :-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:34 AM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Tex, remember when Slowmo thought Cutler was elite....even naming his username after him :-)
:-) :-)
[Reply]
DomCasual 01:00 PM 05-15-2020
And Reid......Andy has an expert eye for coaching talent/assistants. He is also well liked/respected in the NFL community...unlike Horseface. I'm sure Wade Phillips could chime in ...Manning has issues with him too. Forcing him to take a pay cut once he could no longer use HGH because of new testing protocols.

There is a reason Denver's O-line has sucked for almost a decade...they have inferior coaching. Manning's quick release masked it...after he left....every starting QB has been hurt.
Their O-line coach is Mike Munchak. He's one of the best O-line coaches in the NFL.

It's always comforting to check in here, and see that you still have really strange opinions. There just isn't enough consistency in the world.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:01 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Their O-line coach is Mike Munchak. He's one of the best O-line coaches in the NFL.

It's always comforting to check in here, and see that you still have really strange opinions. There just isn't enough consistency in the world.
He was just hired....we'll see how that fares. It shouldn't have taken years to figure out there was a coaching deficiency...that's on Horseface.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:32 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DomCasual:

So since Munchak was literally just hired, you’re basically agreeing with BlackOp that your O-Line HAS been garbage for quite some time. Otherwise, why else hire him?

Munchak IS a good coach, but you have to have talent to work with. You have a couple guys on your line, but the rest are pretty ‘meh’ or awful.

Time will tell . . . . .
[Reply]
TEX 11:06 AM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So since Munchak was literally just hired, you’re basically agreeing with BlackOp that your O-Line HAS been garbage for quite some time. Otherwise, why else hire him?

Munchak IS a good coach, but you have to have talent to work with. You have a couple guys on your line, but the rest are pretty ‘meh’ or awful.

Time will tell . . . . .
He was hired before last season and he really didn't help. He can only do so much.
[Reply]
Page 2484 of 4893
« First < 1484198423842434247424802481248224832484 248524862487248824942534258429843484 > Last »
Up