ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 3903
« First < 19596566676869 70717273791191695691069 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:40 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They better not cancel the World Series of Poker.

This is very bad for poker.

I hope Covid 19 doesn't kill to many old ppl because thats the only way I really make money.
This is the second time today I’ve heard nearly these exact same words.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:47 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Another example of the hysteria/panicked-reaction being much worse than the danger of the actual virus...

Austin, Texas despite not having a single confirmed case of COVID-19 declared a state of emergency yesterday and cancelled SXSW and its $330 million+ annual local economic impact.

That is beyond stupid.
Maybe they're not telling teh whole story to teh public. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:05 PM 03-07-2020
Another example of the hysteria/panicked-reaction being much worse than the danger of the actual virus...

Austin, Texas despite not having a single confirmed case of COVID-19 declared a state of emergency yesterday and cancelled SXSW and its $330 million+ annual local economic impact.

That is beyond stupid.
So Austin should wait until their hospitals are over flowing like Wuhan was at its peak before they do anything?

Maybe if we stopped testing people we would find out that confirmed cases drop to zero and everyone would stop panicking and life would go back to normal.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:06 PM 03-07-2020
Mother in law has breast cancer and is currently on chemo. We’re keeping her on house arrest until this shit is over. Only time she is getting out is when she has to for cancer appointments.
[Reply]
TLO 09:36 PM 03-07-2020
A friend of mine has smoked about a pack a day for 7 years or so. He's otherwise quite healthy.

Would my friend be more at risk of complications from this disease, or is there no current information to suggest this?

Thanks.

Ah - also. My friend is around 30 years old.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:47 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
First case confirmed in Johnson County Kansas..
And now one confirmed in St Louis
[Reply]
baitism 10:06 PM 03-07-2020
Bunch of pussies scared of an over-hyped strain of flu.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:12 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
Bunch of pussies scared of an over-hyped strain of flu.
It isn't a strain of flu.
[Reply]
Fish 10:26 PM 03-07-2020

[Reply]
cdcox 10:57 PM 03-07-2020

That is beyond stupid.
It would be irresponsible to go on with the potential liability.
[Reply]
eDave 11:12 PM 03-07-2020

[Reply]
BWillie 11:22 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
It would be irresponsible to go on with the potential liability.
Should be no liability. Has there been precedent where an event owner or planner has been liable for sick people coming to said event? I know of none
[Reply]
Son of Logical 11:26 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
A friend of mine has smoked about a pack a day for 7 years or so. He's otherwise quite healthy.

Would my friend be more at risk of complications from this disease, or is there no current information to suggest this?

Thanks.

Ah - also. My friend is around 30 years old.
Yes, your friend would be more at risk than someone who doesn’t smoke, but at 30 years old if he has no other co-morbidities his risk of complications would still be low.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:32 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Son of Logical:
Yes, your friend would be more at risk than someone who doesn’t smoke, but at 30 years old if he has no other co-morbidities his risk of complications would still be low.
Welcome back.
[Reply]
Son of Logical 11:33 PM 03-07-2020
I really think the panic over this virus is much worse than the actual virus. With that said they are doing all these containment measures more so trying to stop another season virus from taking hold. If the CDC could do this and a stop the regular flu they would. This is not Ebola folks, this is a highly contagious virus that can be quite harmful to people with co-morbidities and the elderly. They are trying to stop
It before it takes hold. I honestly think it’s too late for that, but doesn’t stop them from trying.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 3903
« First < 19596566676869 70717273791191695691069 > Last »
Up