ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 268
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:36 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Holy shit. There's a solid 50 post stretch of nothing but bitching. Was it really that bad?
I enjoyed it but I can see how there are items in the story that; A) made no sense other than to create a plot line, and / or B) were either ballsy or a cheap cop out depending on your point of view, both of which would be correct.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep, same here. Packed room at Arclight Hollywood, people dressed up, hooping and hollerin' when the Lucasfilm logo splashed the screen.

Little to no reaction during the film and at the end?

Silence.
About 20% of the adults in the audience was in costume. There was some group/club there giving out light-sabers to its members. Lucasfilm comes on loud roar. They cheered and clapped loudly when Snoke was killed. I didn't. My wife slapped me with a whats up, I told her he's not turned to the good side, just watch.

There was just polite applause at the end. The club members were hanging out in the lobby after the movie and they were not happy.
Attached: IMG_9797.jpg (126.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:40 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They already have him as director for the finale of the trilogy? :-)
Abrams is directing IX and he’s writing it with Chris Terrio (who wrote “Argo”).

I don’t even understand why there even needs to be an Episode IX. This film wrapped everything up, well, if you wanted to see the heroes of the original trilogy
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Rian Johnson is writing and directing a new trilogy, set in a different part of the galaxy, with all new characters.

That ought to turn out well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I enjoyed it but I can see how there are items in the story that; A) made no sense other than to create a plot line, and / or B) were either ballsy or a cheap cop out depending on your point of view, both of which would be correct.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:46 AM 12-15-2017
I thought it was long and there was some kinda weird stuff in it, and some lazy stuff. But on the whole, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I like the de-Luke-ification of it, and the fact that we are going to move forward with Rey and Kylo.

I know people hate me for this, but Rouge One, while awesome to look at and enjoyable to me was largely fan service and was a story that didn't need to be told. This film at least is breaking away from the "look at all the Star Wars stuff you know and love" of the last...well, all of them. I found myself smiling a lot in this, and I really like the momentary team up of Kylo and Rey, but I knew that wasn't going to last and it will lead us into the next movie quite nicely.

Flame away, but I thought this was the best of the "modern iterations" of Star Wars. I'm actually looking forward to the next installment.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:52 AM 12-15-2017
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
fairladyZ 10:00 AM 12-15-2017
As hyped as I was about this movie. After sleeping on it and reading your guys points as well....... I don't like it.

It was an OK movie. And I'm sure giving Rian his own trilogy where he can do what he wants I'm sure will work. But he ****ed up this story. Point blank. If he wanted to add all these different force powers and other shit he should have saved it for his trilogy. The story was slow and clunky, people appear and disappear with no explanation. Just hey throw this here and do that there then leave.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:04 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by fairladyZ:
As hyped as I was about this movie. After sleeping on it and reading your guys points as well....... I don't like it.

It was an OK movie. And I'm sure giving Rian his own trilogy where he can do what he wants I'm sure will work. But he ****ed up this story. Point blank. If he wanted to add all these different force powers and other shit he should have saved it for his trilogy. The story was slow and clunky, people appear and disappear with no explanation. Just hey throw this here and do that there then leave.

]
I agree that there seemed to be too much going on and all the jumping around got tiresome, and as I said before, made for a long movie...maybe too long.

But I did like it enough to feel positive about it being more original than TFA and way better than the prequels, which are largely ignored and forgotten...that's a good thing by the way.

I'll have to see it again of course, but I think largely this one gets a thumbs up from me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:06 AM 12-15-2017
Now I've had time to process this

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:16 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Now I've had time to process this

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:19 AM 12-15-2017
Regarding Capt. Phasma...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jerm 10:30 AM 12-15-2017
After sleeping on it I’m still completely torn on it and how I feel....there are things I really liked but A LOT of moments/decisions that I absolutely LOATHE.

Def. need to see it again....
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:30 AM 12-15-2017
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:48 AM 12-15-2017
Well

Spoiler!

set the tone for the film - WTF was that anyway?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:54 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Well

Spoiler!

set the tone for the film - WTF was that anyway?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 108 of 268
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up