ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Hunter Nourzad Thread*****
Dante84 01:09 PM 04-27-2024
More to come!

New Chiefs’ offensive lineman Hunter Nourzad started at right tackle (20 games), center (13 games), left guard (7 games) and right guard (1 games) over the course of his time at Cornell and Penn State.

Adds great versatility up front, particularly inside.

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

This dude had 582 snaps at RT, 535 at LG, 170 at LT and 801 snaps at center according to PFF. Yeah, the NFL loves this guy. Hunter Nourzad imo is a rock solid starter, but at the very worst he's a damn good swingman reserve.pic.twitter.com/Xizp03anWu

— Nick Martin (@themicknartin) February 20, 2024

Hunter Bourzad headed to the kingdom ����pic.twitter.com/SeJJFOcxDs

— The 33rd Team (@The33rdTeamFB) April 27, 2024

Penn State IOL Hunter Nourzad with the snatch-trap on Michael Hall pic.twitter.com/plqVX815p3

— Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) April 11, 2024

Penn State IOL Hunter Nourzad playing with a square and fluid base. Impressive lateral movement skills. pic.twitter.com/K35al90vdt

— Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) April 11, 2024

#Chiefs stole #PennState's Hunter Nourzad, a OC/OG, who can step in as a starter if need be, here in the 5th

Nourzad impressed at OG/OC over last 2 years (and OT at Cornell before that), and really impressed at OC all week at @ShrineBowl

GREAT Day 3 value.#ShrineBowlWhosNext https://t.co/kGDMuzQQjM pic.twitter.com/l43ldVfhQm

— Eric Galko (@EricGalko) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:23 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
One thing that wrecks Mahomes and this offense is interior pressure. The worst games this offense has had is the games that the D gets pressure up the middle.
I don't know that it was pretty, but I seem to remember games where the tackles held up fine, the interior collapsed, and Mahomes made a living going backwards and throwing off his back foot.

Not that the iOL doesn't matter, and if BV can reload with later picks great.

But it's legitimate to ask how much it's worth to sign second contracts for.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:24 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
BWillie doesn't like how expensive Creed is going to become, and doesn't believe we should pay a center big money at all because we don't heavily focus on the running game.

Take from that what you will.
There could be an argument that Andy values guards higher, because he’s let walk two of the better centers in the league. And has signed guys off the scrap heap to start. But even if they were the case then I would guarantee they try to lock up Trey long term.

I would still imagine they value Creed over Trey
[Reply]
Dante84 02:26 PM 04-27-2024
Sorry to keep bringing up Thuney, but.... can't his contract be split across Creed and Trey? Or at least go a long way for retaining both?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:29 PM 04-27-2024
You're literally a ****ing idiot. Interior pressure is the one thing that kills Mahomes. We need a strong interior more than we need elite Ts.
Disagree. Mahomes worst games have been when his tackles struggled and his best games came when we had Fisher and Schwartz. I’m not saying that interior isn’t important- it clearly is but there’s a reason tackles are prioritized over guards and centers.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:29 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sorry to keep bringing up Thuney, but.... can't his contract be split across Creed and Trey? Or at least go a long way for retaining both?
Yeah. He’s got 1 more year before his dead cap is down to about $10 mil. Jawaan has 2 more before his dead cap is down to around $5 mil.

It’s definitely possible.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
Why would you "want" to let Creed walk? If we have to let him go because of contract demands that's one thing but I certainly would like to keep him if we can.
There is no reason a pass first Andy Reid offense should ever want to pay market value for a free agent elite to above avg center. It is a bad use of resources. If we played like the Eagles it not only would be a great use of resources but it would become a necessity.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 PM 04-27-2024
You're literally a fucking idiot. Interior pressure is the one thing that kills Mahomes. We need a strong interior more than we need elite Ts.
We do not. We need good tackles and a good pass blocking guard. When you are a heavy pass first offense this is how you operate. You do not pay centers under any circumstance. The org knows this. Theyve let the last two good centers walk and they are going to do it again.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Disagree. Mahomes worst games have been when his tackles struggled and his best games came when we had Fisher and Schwartz. I’m not saying that interior isn’t important- it clearly is but there’s a reason tackles are prioritized over guards and centers.
Correct
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:44 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Andy would disagree with you.

We are more likely to resign both than to let both walk… but I’d guess Trey walks

As much as Mahomes likes to get out of the pocket, I would rather have an elite interior over elite tackles.
Hopefully Creed figures out how to not dirt the ball to Mahomes every 10th attempt.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:49 PM 04-27-2024

Hunter Nourzad's reaction to being drafted by the #Chiefs, pure excitement. pic.twitter.com/739Ue3mfRm

— Sports Radio 810 WHB (@SportsRadio810) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Hoover 03:02 PM 04-27-2024
I’d extend Creed now. And Trey is the guy who walks after next year, or you tag him for a season. Who knows. But you are stupid if you think we are going to walk away from Thuney, Creed, and Smith. I think you keep the center in place. See how Trey does.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:05 PM 04-27-2024
Who?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:14 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Move Creed to G?
They are pissed about Creed rolling the ball back to Mahomes?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:21 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I’d extend Creed now. And Trey is the guy who walks after next year, or you tag him for a season. Who knows. But you are stupid if you think we are going to walk away from Thuney, Creed, and Smith. I think you keep the center in place. See how Trey does.
Im signing the guard. I'd probably try to see if Creed can play guard this year but I doubt he would want to being that centers usually make more money.
[Reply]
Smed1065 03:30 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Craig Stout loves this guy.
Dante might as well...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up